Death List 2019 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn’t know the Duke of York had an account on here.

CJ_covblaze

Gary Rhodes. Only 59.

tommydazzle

Remember Clive James's programmes showing to us to our astonishment and ridicule the Japanese show based on humiliating the participants. It shows how far our telly has sunk now we are showing the same kind of crap as mainstream entertainment.

Last edited:

richnrg

Remember Clive James's programmes showing to us to our astonishment and ridicule the Japanese show based on humiliating the participants. It shows how far our telly has sunk now we are showing the same kind of crap as mainstream entertainment.
you mean the leader debates?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've just realised. No bugger on SBT will know when I've snuffed out when I eventually do (3 years ago today since my 4th heart attack!). My missus doesn't lurk about on here and nor do any of my kids, so fuck it, I'll just say farewell now, and hope to see you all in hell very soon! x x x x

chiefdave

I've just realised. No bugger on SBT will know when I've snuffed out when I eventually do (3 years ago today since my 4th heart attack!). My missus doesn't lurk about on here and nor do any of my kids, so fuck it, I'll just say farewell now, and hope to see you all in hell very soon! x x x x
There's people who used to post on here all the time that just suddenly stopped. Who knows if they'd just had enough or are no longer with us.

Houchens Head

There's people who used to post on here all the time that just suddenly stopped. Who knows if they'd just had enough or are no longer with us.
I'm a member of a webpage that deals with, let's say "adult humour", and there was a well known member that announced he had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He kept up the humorous posts for quite some time until there was no more from him. His wife came onto the group to let us know he had sadly passed away. I didn't know him personally, and nor did 99% of the other posters but it was a very solemn day when we all learned of his passing.

bringbackrattles

On the window round today a customer said after I cleaned her windows that she'd give me the Christmas tip. I replied I'll be round again before Xmas so not to bother just yet. She then said that none of us are getting younger, and we could die tomorrow, so best take it now ! She's only in her fifties, but I admire her outlook on life !

Gazolba

On the window round today a customer said after I cleaned her windows that she'd give me the Christmas tip. I replied I'll be round again before Xmas so not to bother just yet. She then said that none of us are getting younger, and we could die tomorrow, so best take it now ! She's only in her fifties, but I admire her outlook on life !
Anyone remember the magician/comedian Tommy Cooper?
He used to crack the joke that his next trick was so dangerous that could he have his applause beforehand in case he died performing it.
tommy-cooper.jpg

NorthernWisdom

You're alright, I met someone the other day who's had six heart attacks, so you''ve got another couple to go to catch up yet!

Astute

I think he collapsed and died on stage. They said that's the way he'd have liked to go.
I remember it well. Everyone thought it was a part of his act. It was only when he didn't move for a fair bit of time that they realised it was serious.

Astute

I hope he got his applause beforehand.
Everyone was laughing. It just went together like one of his normal gags. You just never knew with him. He was a very good magician but even better at getting it wrong. So you always expected things to go wrong.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They do say it's incredibly difficult to be good at something and then try and do it badly convincingly cos you just look like someone who is deliberately trying to do it badly rather than someone trying to do it well. I think the same was said of Les Dawson and his piano playing.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just heard this. One of my sports heroes. I remember seeing him play for Warwickshire at Lockhurst Lane and having to step over boundary rope and into the pavilion area to start his run up

He was a bit before my time but being a watcher of cricket in the mid to late eighties I saw a lot of the highlights of earlier tests during rain delays on bbc2?

Houchens Head

Can't stand cricket but I know the name. I also liked him in the Die Hard movies.

Users who are viewing this thread