Death List 2019 (1 Viewer)

W

westcountry_skyblue

He smacked the documentary maker with his stick. Broke his nose. Not sure why ?
He came across as a nasty bloke, heard him and Jack Bruce had many a punch up.
Most of the best Rock bands fought I think,Adds to the image I suppose!!

clint van damme

Yes they did. Ray and Dave Davies of the Kinks hated each other I read. Often ended with punches being thrown. Same with Townsend and Daltrey of the Who, they clashed constantly. That's rock and roll !

wasn't there a death metal band in Scandanavia where one member killed another and eat him or kept his head as a souvenir or some shit like that?

Sbarcher

wasn't there a death metal band in Scandanavia where one member killed another and eat him or kept his head as a souvenir or some shit like that?
Now that REAL rock and roll!

bringbackrattles

Liam and Noel dislike each other ? Simon and Garfunkel don't get on, Jagger and Richards don't talk to each other for months on end. Must be clash of ego ?
I wonder when Lennon and McCartney worked together they got on ?

fellatio_Martinez

Beware of Mr. Baker is a great documentary and delves deep into what made Ginger who he was. The documentary maker was always very friendly and wary of Baker but he still got a broken nose.

His was a complete horrible old c*nt but the fucker could drum. He was playing stuff never heard before in rock music with Cream and his life story is very interesting.

bringbackrattles

Beware of Mr. Baker is a great documentary and delves deep into what made Ginger who he was. The documentary maker was always very friendly and wary of Baker but he still got a broken nose.

His was a complete horrible old c*nt but the fucker could drum. He was playing stuff never heard before in rock music with Cream and his life story is very interesting.
I remember a bloke at where I was working many years ago slagging Pete Townsend off. We all asked him why he hated him so much ? He said he was outside Cov theatre as a teenager hoping to get autographs of the Who who were playing there. But Townsend came out angry and punched and kicked fans and was ranting. He said he was a nutter and disliked him ever since. That incident shocked all of us listening and every time I see or read about Townsend that springs to mind.

fellatio_Martinez

I remember a bloke at where I was working many years ago slagging Pete Townsend off. We all asked him why he hated him so much ? He said he was outside Cov theatre as a teenager hoping to get autographs of the Who who were playing there. But Townsend came out angry and punched and kicked fans and was ranting. He said he was a nutter and disliked him ever since. That incident shocked all of us listening and every time I see or read about Townsend that springs to mind.

He's a nonce too apparently. Horrible creature.

SkyblueBazza

Perhaps because he was a great drummer in a great band that if anyone heard the name of, instantly said either "never heard of them" or "ahhh - Clapton"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Yes they did. Ray and Dave Davies of the Kinks hated each other I read. Often ended with punches being thrown. Same with Townsend and Daltrey of the Who, they clashed constantly. That's rock and roll !
Yeah...what you read. Like Heart were publicised as lesbian lovers...that turned out to be real sisters

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He was shite during his thankfully brief time with Hawkwind

Gazolba

If you are not into cycling you may never have heard of him but Raymond Poulidor was a great French cyclist in the 1960's and 1970's.
He was one of the top riders when I first started following the Tour De France.
He finished in the top three of the Tour eight times but never won.
Unfortunately, his career coincided with the great Jacques Anquetil and Eddy Merckx who always surpassed him.
Raymond Poulidor obituary

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jean Fergusson who played Marina in Last of the Summer Wine. RIP
$0FDI3K8J.jpg

Gazolba

Jean Fergusson who played Marina in Last of the Summer Wine. RIP
View attachment 13445
Only watched that show a few times but always enjoyed it.
I think it was just too British to be a big hit in the USA.
That's a great photo you posted.
Lovely scenery in that part of England.

Otis

Especially as my 8 year old niece was looking over my shoulder at the time.

Last edited:

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread