Death list 2017 (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Very sad, thought his Batman was great fun - a real piss take and him and Burt Ward seemed to lap up the camp.

RIP Mayor Adam West!

He was the best batman, I used to love summer holidays from school, Flash Gordon,batman and cricket on BBC.

vow

_40929774_cant.jpg
Brian Cant died recently too. The voice of Trumpton and a presenter on Play School. Fond memories of my childhood. rip

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Don't know, I think it'd be nicer if she just somehow stopped doing the job she's clinging on to rather than died.

Otis

Oh bloody hell!!

This morning I woke up and for some strange reason, randomly thought of Barry Norman. Didn't have TV on and hadn't looked at any news.

Just thought 'I wonder how old he is now and whether he will be soon to pop his clogs.'

Just now looked at BBC News and see that he died.

You have all been warned.

Captain Dart

Oh bloody hell!!

This morning I woke up and for some strange reason, randomly thought of Barry Norman. Didn't have TV on and hadn't looked at any news.

Just thought 'I wonder how old he is now and whether he will be soon to pop his clogs.'

Have a think about Piers Morgan.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oh bloody hell!!

Just don't think of me too much!!

Captain Dart

SkyblueBazza

Reckon Mick Jagger is the sort that given the lifestyle - he will be a sudden one & shock many

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Otis

This lady is for sticking around and why not.

Great actress and very attractive lady in her day. Sister of Joan Fontaine, another good looking woman and fab actress.

A lovely pair.

Olivia de Havilland had a lovely pair too.

wingy

Missed it last week but Micheal Nyqvist famous for the Dragon Tattoo films died from Lung Cancer.
Only 56.

Gazolba

Martin Landau dead at 89.
He turned down the role of Spock in Star Trek!
I remember him from Mission Impossible but most of all I liked him in the series Space 1999.
That was a brilliant series and most of the episodes are on Youtube.
Definitely worth a look if you are into Sci-Fi.
Space-1999.jpg

torchomatic

George A Romero has died.

SkyblueBazza

Must we include cult/niche/local 'celebrity in this. It will become very tedious else...virtually an obituary thread!

Surely we are aiming at discussing those who are known to about 90% of people?

Roger Moore - yes, George A Romero (& others) - errr...who?

Otis

Also, have to add in to the mix that just because you or someone else hasn't heard of someone it doesn't mean they don't warrant any coverage.

Case in point was when Philip Seymour Hoffman died a fair few people were contacting the Beeb to complain as why a bloke they had never, ever heard of had a section about his demise on the main TV news!

Hoffman was only 46, but had already won one Oscar, one BAFTA, one Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar 4 times, a BAFTA five times, a Golden Globe five times and a Tony Award three times.

torchomatic

Must we include cult/niche/local 'celebrity in this. It will become very tedious else...virtually an obituary thread!

Surely we are aiming at discussing those who are known to about 90% of people?

Roger Moore - yes, George A Romero (& others) - errr...who?

Really? Not heard of Romero!?

Otis

Yeah, I find it puzzling too. You think of horror films and he is right up there with the likes of Wes Craven etc.

You only have to watch the Walking Dead to see his mark written all over it.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, I find it puzzling too. You think of horror films and he is right up there with the likes of Wes Craven etc.

You only have to watch the Walking Dead to see his mark written all over it.
Ahead of Wes Craven ;)

I can understand if you don't like the genre, but then if I don't like spy thrillers, was born in the 1990s, and was no fan of lecherous old men who could raise an eyebrow, I'd never have heard of Roger Moore either.

(Fortunately, I'm a big fan of lecherous old men...o_O)

Otis

Ahead of Wes Craven ;)

I can understand if you don't like the genre, but then if I don't like spy thrillers, was born in the 1990s, and was no fan of lecherous old men who could raise an eyebrow, I'd never have heard of Roger Moore either.

(Fortunately, I'm a big fan of lecherous old men...o_O)
You need to stop looking at yourself in the mirror so much, NW.

Agree on Craven. Just put him up there because he is very well known.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Also, have to add in to the mix that just because you or someone else hasn't heard of someone it doesn't mean they don't warrant any coverage.

Case in point was when Philip Seymour Hoffman died a fair few people were contacting the Beeb to complain as why a bloke they had never, ever heard of had a section about his demise on the main TV news!

Hoffman was only 46, but had already won one Oscar, one BAFTA, one Golden Globe and was nominated for an Oscar 4 times, a BAFTA five times, a Golden Globe five times and a Tony Award three times.
Yeah, but who WAS he?

Users who are viewing this thread