Deadline Day deals CCFC (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Looks like that’s it good business would of liked a striker with JCH gone can Chaplin Hiwula Baka & Ponti produce for us

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Window done.

Not disappointed at all but bit of an odd day. Whether they were in the first team picture or not, we lost three ‘big’ names in Doyle, JCH & Ogogo and gained Meyler and the Chelsea lad. Didn’t envisage all three of those leaving this morning. Will be interesting to see how ready for first team football the two signings are and if the Chelsea lad comes straight into the match day 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

Cannot help but feel the same, a different dimension to what we have in a physical plan B way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the plus side, I think Meyler improves us. Don't know much about Wakefield but have to think they expect him to be a starter with doing nothing else on the wings. Another striker (target man) and/or defender would have been nice if we were to have a real go at making the playoffs. The business they've done kind of says they're happy with mid-table this year to me.

Nick

Administrator
On the plus side, I think Meyler improves us. Don't know much about Wakefield but have to think they expect him to be a starter with doing nothing else on the wings. Another striker (target man) and/or defender would have been nice if we were to have a real go at making the playoffs. The business they've done kind of says they're happy with mid-table this year to me.

We signed a defender that they expect to be playing this season.

mark82

Not what robins said

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd be more than happy if he turns out to be good enough for the first team. Robins sees the players on a daily basis so have to trust his judgement then.

Will be number 4/5 CB this year anyway I guess.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don't forget we can still sign free agents.

With Chaplin, Hiwula and Baka, Ponti and Bremang looking to push on from U23 plus Bright as an option that is still a few strikers to pick from - it's just whether they can start scoring. I'd have preferred to have had another striker in though.

Or maybe he's thinking of bringing Beavon back......

I don't think Deadline Day has been too bad. I think Meyler in for Doyle and Ogogo is an improvement as long as he's fit, and the kid on the wing could be interesting and is something we need, although we could've done with maybe one more, whether it had been Edwards or someone else.

Does feel like we've looked to get rid of a few higher earners so whether that's in preparation for next summer or MR hoped to use those funds now and didn't get the targets who knows.

mark82

No defenders left, we have signed one for next season in case they do...

Yeah, I appreciate that. Suspect we will lose at least one. Defender only would have been nice to have for competition, hardly essential.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cannot help but feel the same, a different dimension to what we have in a physical plan B way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frankly, JCH was that physical option in my view. Personally, I liked what he bought to the table, but he was pretty inconsistent. Equally capable of dominating games and being anonymous in the next. This transfer blindsided me.

With Bakayoko back in the fold, I hope he has a good positive run in the team and MR gets what he wants from him.

Liquid Gold

Getting rid of two centre mids we owned and replacing them with one in on loan for 4 months is shite business. In the summer we’ll have three contracted centre mids, one whose very injury prone in Kelly, one whose played about 10 professional games in Westbrooke and one who will almost certainly not last the window in Bayliss. Unbelievable short-termism in a season where we’re very unlikely to go up or down.
Go away

Nick

Administrator
Getting rid of two centre mids we owned and replacing them with one in on loan for 4 months is shite business. In the summer we’ll have three contracted centre mids, one whose very injury prone in Kelly, one whose played about 10 professional games in Westbrooke and one who will almost certainly not last the window in Bayliss. Unbelievable short-termism in a season where we’re very unlikely to go up or down.
It won't be long until people are outraged that they couldn't be outraged about bayliss.

Liquid Gold

It won't be long until people are outraged that they couldn't be outraged about bayliss.
I remember community day last year. The guy in front of me telling Bayliss he was shit after 5 minutes and then saying Sisu are scum for selling Stevenson. I asked him how many games he'd been to that season and his response was "I've been coming since the 70s".

I think eventually we're going to have accept that a fair portion of our fans are just fucking idiots.

Nick

Administrator
You can see it in the younger fans. They have absolutely no idea what they are ranting about and encourage each other.

Said it on another thread, not enough people telling them they talk shit or correcting them.

It's now the fashionable thing to be angry, a prime example is that stoke fan who strangely posted on here about their turmoil.

Otis

I'm happy with the day's dealings.

JCH had been a disappointment and Doyle wasn't getting any game time and it simply didn't work out for Ogogo.

Shame we didn't get Edwards, but we didn't lose any players we could ill afford to lose.

Otis

Now this is indeed second guessing, but if as supposed, Junior Brown has been frozen out and has a bit of an attitude and wants out himself, is it entirely possible that we were happy to get rid yesterday, but that no-one wanted him?

Was surprised he didn't move on last night and in that last home game against Blackpool he was actually named on the bench, but he was clearly warming up pre match all by himself and not with his teammates.

Fergusons_Beard

Let’s just leave this thread blank......

Completely and utterly underwhelming.

Love a bit of wheeling and dealing but it’s an indication of where we at at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I couldn’t have been more wrong!!

Best one for a long while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Blue Pete

Frankly, JCH was that physical option in my view. Personally, I liked what he bought to the table, but he was pretty inconsistent. Equally capable of dominating games and being anonymous in the next. This transfer blindsided me.

With Bakayoko back in the fold, I hope he has a good positive run in the team and MR gets what he wants from him.
Grendel very very quiet

Esoterica

Seems like a good window to me and nice to see Robins being decisive, which I hope is carried over into games now. Shipped out some deadwood which were all likely high earners. We desperately needed another winger and signed one on a permanent and added a 6ft 2 midfielder to add more presence in the middle.

With Wakefield Robins now has a genuine option of a formation switch in games if the 4-2-3-1 isn't working, without having a square peg at left mid
Our young strikers all stand more chance of regular game time in their chosen positions with the striker pool reduced.
The emergence of Westbrooke is like a new signing and Meyler/Kelly Bayliss/Westbrooke gives us better options and cover in the middle than we've had all season.

Lets hope the squad shake up will give Brown a kick up the arse and make him knuckle down and win his place back and that the wages freed up allow us to offer Willis an attractive contract.
Door left wide open for Doyle to come back and coach in the summer too and didn't sell any future stars.

SBAndy

I also wonder with Brown whether it was him and Ogogo together that were disruptive influences. May well be that now Ogogo has departed Brown starts committing more to the team ethic.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I remember community day last year. The guy in front of me telling Bayliss he was shit after 5 minutes

To be fair, Bayliss was utter utter wank that day. Hit so many five yard passes straight out of play, got dispossessed everytime he tried to run with it and was outmuscled.

Went with a few people who aren't Cov fans and only watch the odd game so it was the first time they'd seen him and they all thought how on earth is that guy considered good enough for professional. He was pub-league standard that day.

Liquid Gold

To be fair, Bayliss was utter utter wank that day. Hit so many five yard passes straight out of play, got dispossessed everytime he tried to run with it and was outmuscled.

Went with a few people who aren't Cov fans and only watch the odd game so it was the first time they'd seen him and they all thought how on earth is that guy considered good enough for professional. He was pub-league standard that day.
Yeah he was extremely poor but the vitriol wasn't on. This guy was ranting at him from the off.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I'm happy with the day's dealings.
We need to see the new players play before we can judge them and see if they improve the team.

But it can't be good when the team , squad, is consistently changing every six months.

fernandopartridge

But it can't be good when the team , squad, is consistently changing every six months.

Erm, many on here demand that this happens, demand new signings every transfer window. I agree with you, let's give players a chance. We've offloaded Doyle (who had a maximum of 3 months left with us anyway). JCH who wasn't starting and Ogogo who wasn't starting either.

Users who are viewing this thread