Transfer Rumour David Meyler (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I like the signing but how fit is he if he was in the Reading bomb squad?

Yes. Hasn’t played since Sept 1

Adge

Seems a good signing on paper so hopefully will be a good addition with his pedigree.

oucho

This may be a signing that goes a bit Stephen Hunt / Peter Ramage. Let's hope not.

SBAndy

Yes. Hasn’t played since Sept 1
Hold on, he hadn’t played since August earlier today so why’s he now played in September?

If I’m brutally honest, I don’t think he will be too standout for the next 2-3 games. Beyond that though, I think he will give us that little bit extra and if he proves his fitness I’d love to sign him in the summer. Can’t see it happening however.

higgs

Meyler will give 100% all day long just feel we are to far away for a playoff push without a regular goal scorer. But if we stay up I would like to see us build a team around him with a few more experienced heads in the squad to compliment the youth and have a right go next season. He must be on big wages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What are the chances of him being Captain? Might piss people off if a loanee comes in and takes it over instead of Kelly.

clint van damme

Hold on, he hadn’t played since August earlier today so why’s he now played in September?

If I’m brutally honest, I don’t think he will be too standout for the next 2-3 games. Beyond that though, I think he will give us that little bit extra and if he proves his fitness I’d love to sign him in the summer. Can’t see it happening however.

fitness is the big concern for me, I doubt he'll be match fit until the arse end of the season.

Magwitch

fitness is the big concern for me, I doubt he'll be match fit until the arse end of the season.
Has he been out injured ? If not he would have played reserve games matches etc. Doesn’t take that long to get up to match fitness couple of games at the most.

Grendel

Has he been out injured ? If not he would have played reserve games matches etc. Doesn’t take that long to get up to match fitness couple of games at the most.

He’s been totally frozen out the squad - not even allowed to eat with them

higgs

What are the chances of him being Captain? Might piss people off if a loanee comes in and takes it over instead of Kelly.
Has Kelly shown much leadership on the pitch as captain? I haven't see the games so just asking the question? Myler even if not captain will be very vocal

no_loyalty

He was totally frozen out at Reading, not even playing for their U23's.

Nick

Administrator
Has Kelly shown much leadership on the pitch as captain? I haven't see the games so just asking the question? Myler even if not captain will be very vocal

He hasn't been really so might not mind

higgs

It won't take him long to get up to speed he keeps himself in good shape fit as a butcher's dog

Grendel

Trouble is Grendel wants him to fail so he can say “I told you so” says he’s a city fan but obviously happy when Max got injured, sad twat.

I so much preferred it when you lived in Nutwood

dazed&confused

Meyler was one of a group of Reading players - that also included Marc McNulty, Vito Mannone and Dave Edwards - who the current Reading manager wanted out of the club. Whether it was because of wages, ability, attitude or something else, I don't know, but he did that childish thing managers do of making those players train with the youth team, park in a different car park, eat at different times etc etc etc. Mannone really wasn't happy about it and went public. But it worked to an extent and it got McNulty and Meyler out of the door in this transfer window.
However good or bad Meyler was in the Championship, this is League One, and I give him credit for not sitting around and collecting his wages until his contract expired, and for wanting to play football.

Users who are viewing this thread