David Bowie and the West End (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Marillion taught chavs to name their children after middling soft rock songs.

I take your point about the name (but from my experience it's university educated middle englanders that led to the unprecedented rise in its use) but personally would also like to thank Saint Bowie for the inspiration Fish derived from him. He was free to be at one with his sexuality as evident with the video of Lavender where he is seen wearing a skirt.

usskyblue

I take your point about the name (but from my experience it's university educated middle englanders that led to the unprecedented rise in its use) but personally would also like to thank Saint Bowie for the inspiration Fish derived from him. He was free to be at one with his sexuality as evident with the video of Lavender where he is seen wearing a skirt.

Script was the best, although I did buy Fugazi. Prefer to listen to Fish's solo stuff these days.

Grendel

Script was the best, although I did buy Fugazi. Prefer to listen to Fish's solo stuff these days.

Which of the solo stuff do you prefer?

wingy

Is it? I've got that single. I didn't even know.

Stuart Adamson died fairly young didn't he?
Yeah drugs. Around 40 I think.
But was he in Skids or when they became Big Country.
Original lead singer was Richard?? fair haired guy who went into TV presenting and acting, did have that single back then.
Edit :-yes he was in Skids
The other chap was Richard Jobson.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Marillion taught chavs to name their children after middling soft rock songs.

Marillion. Safe songs for safe people in safe middle class lives, might even push someone to be a bit edgy and go buy a pair of ill fitting stone-wash jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread