DAVID BELL grade 1 tear in his hamstring!!! (1 Viewer)

lynch14

just to let everyone know ive just been told belly is not going to be in the squad tonight hes got a grade one tear in his hamstring. just when we thought he was on his way back ! PUSB

Noggin

From google, so sounds like it's the least serious type

A Hamstring injury is common in sports. Hamstring injuries are sometimes known as a 'pulled Hamstring'. The term 'pulled muscle' comes from the description of how the injury takes place. Usually, the Hamstring muscle is forcibly stretched beyond its limits and the muscle tissue becomes torn. A tear in the Hamstring muscle is referred to as a Hamstring strain by medical professionals and depending on its severity it is classified as a first, second or third degree strain:

a first degree strain is damage to a few muscle fibres,
a second degree strain is damage to a more extensive number of muscle fibres,
a third degree strain is a complete rupture of the muscle itself.

Mucca Mad Boys

Cancel his contract, fuck this.

What a fucking joke Thorn is for signing this guy up for so long!

:mad:

lynch14

not serious then but one thing after another with him. Was lookingforward to seeing the lad play some part tonight.

kg82

Just read it's minor. Be out for 2-3 weeks. I know it's not his fault and some of the injuries have been really unlucky but we really need to get rid, we can't afford to carry him anymore.

torchomatic

Shame that.

lynch14

th eplayers who are not playing tonight have just finished training and there sessions in the gym ect thats why i have just found out.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

th eplayers who are not playing tonight have just finished training and there sessions in the gym ect thats why i have just found out.

Okay - fair enough. If so, that's a body blow.

With regards his contract, I make reference to an interview with KD in the CET dated November 10th, 2011:

Question:
Some fans have been critical of the long-term contract given to David Bell given his injury history and fact that he has only made 59 league starts in almost three years since joining the club in January 2009. Can you explain the club’s current policy on contracts?

Answer:
David is a high-class player. Before offering long-term contracts to anybody we listen carefully to the medical team assessment. In relation to the wider policy, ideally we would like the majority of our players on long-term contracts with a blend of senior individuals who are proven at this level alongside some youngsters with huge potential. Bearing in mind our starting point, we are getting there very quickly.

It would therefore appear that the length of contract was a SISU ambition under KD's tenure; with the length agreed with input from the medical team. I hope that clears it once and for all

RichieGunns

Oh bloody buggering hell!!

Just when I thought it would be time for him to show his potential.

Maybe it is time for him to move on.

Do you think he'll agree to a mutual contract cancellation?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I've just - as a function of Googling the above - discovered that the phases of the menstrual-cycle have a huge influence on the elasticity of the hamstring. Maybe Belly's just at the wrong time of the month this time?

cstring82

He must have been loving it when the deal was on the table, even if he took a small paycut. I bet it would easily be over a million pounds over the contract!

Brighton Sky Blue

Just when he was in with a shout of playing-perhaps he can tear it intentionally? Short term pain, long term (financial) gain.

PVA

Am I the only one who feels sorry for him? Cant believe the amount of stick he gets. Do you really think he enjoys being injured?

RichieGunns

Am I the only one who feels sorry for him? Cant believe the amount of stick he gets. Do you really think he enjoys being injured?

Oh I do too.

I like David Bell. I always have! I think he has the skill to do the job but his injuries keep him out of the team situation.

I for one hope there's nothing to this rumour and that he is going to play some part tonight.

Greggs

When we signed him wasn't he already injury prone?

Lambo58

Source please, cause Skysports news just said Bell available for the match tonight having recovered from injury...

Walking Bird

Jeez is he the reincarnation of Keith O Neil

Sick Boy

It would therefore appear that the length of contract was a SISU ambition under KD's tenure; with the length agreed with input from the medical team. I hope that clears it once and for all

...so there was no input from the managerial team at all then? Even though Thorn lauded Bell in interviews?

I take it that none of the signings made in the summer were recommended by the former manager either?

Users who are viewing this thread