DAVID BELL grade 1 tear in his hamstring!!! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

...so there was no input from the managerial team at all then? Even though Thorn lauded Bell in interviews?

I take it that none of the signings made in the summer were recommended by the former manager either?

In support of MMM (lovely cinnamon bun by the way Mungo), Dulieu would often say how the value of the playing squad had increased under his tenure, despite fire-selling most of the previous season's regulars. He argued this on the basis of what the contracts were worth, and putting the likes of Bell on an obscene deal would have been used to support this.

dongonzalos

Okay - fair enough. If so, that's a body blow.

With regards his contract, I make reference to an interview with KD in the CET dated November 10th, 2011:

Question:
Some fans have been critical of the long-term contract given to David Bell given his injury history and fact that he has only made 59 league starts in almost three years since joining the club in January 2009. Can you explain the club’s current policy on contracts?

Answer:
David is a high-class player. Before offering long-term contracts to anybody we listen carefully to the medical team assessment. In relation to the wider policy, ideally we would like the majority of our players on long-term contracts with a blend of senior individuals who are proven at this level alongside some youngsters with huge potential. Bearing in mind our starting point, we are getting there very quickly.

It would therefore appear that the length of contract was a SISU ambition under KD's tenure; with the length agreed with input from the medical team. I hope that clears it once and for all

Come on Mungo!

It's a chance to attack AT.

Don't ruin it for them.

KD Andy every good player you have eventually leaves on free when their contract expires.

We have a general policy of not letting you sign players.
We are going to force you to play kids.

We are considering offering David Bell a long contract yes or no?

Users who are viewing this thread