Dave Boddy update (1 Viewer)

better days

I know I'm repeating myself, I'm sure lots of people avoid the politics / covid threads, but given that every test event has required either negative test or proof of vaccine if that's not the plan moving forward the test events have been pointless and the data is of no use.
Interestingly I attended one of the Premier League games where there were 10,000 allowed
We didn't need a test or prove we'd been vaccinated but had to fill in a self-assessment form saying we had no symptoms when confirming payment and then again 24 hours before the game
But I think the Covid passports will be driven Internationally by governments before travel is allowed to fully resume

SAJ

Taking a lateral flo test is a doddle, takes a minute, a little 30 min max wait and you re done. Result on your phone in 5 minutes.
Did it for the England games in Middlesboro and for the England Euro games. Simples. I had two jabs as well.
I did it for the test match as well. Really easy.

CDK

Most interesting bit for me:

“Of course fans will be keen to find out our new additions to the squad. We have a number of targets lined up and other players who are further down the line in terms of recruitment. Due to the nature of some of the signings, fans have to wait slightly longer than usual to find out who they are but I can re-assure them that while no announcements have been made yet, our plans are on track.

‘Due to the nature’. What could he mean by that? Foreign signings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting comments by boddy as to recruitment I'm sure the club is on track for the coming season despite the lack of information coming from the club.
I trust robins and the team around him also the likes of James and Walsh and there advisors are very quiet so who knows.

rexo87

CWR interview with Boddy which clears up reason for not announcing anyone yet. Won’t be announcing free transfers/OOC players until 1st July due to contractual agreements with other clubs. Says there’s a possibility of a couple coming in before then. Does sound like there are agreements with quite a few players already to me. Not sure how other clubs announced players already though

dadgad

Being born is a 1 in 5,000 from the batch of sperm on that 'lucky day'. Being born in the 'rich' UK makes you even more elite than the Average Joe on the planet. You are already part of an elite, whether you like it or not.

Elitism due to preferential treatment and political choices resulting in enabling some societies over others..... obviously........nothing to do with the lottery of embryonic fertilisation👍

Hadji's_Goatee

As someone who was in ICU due to covid kindly keep your ill informed anti Vax horseshit away from here please you utter cretin
Oh dear, I was merely pointing out a fact that a good proportion of people will not take one dose of the jab let alone two.

You can keep your assumptions and bad manners to yourself.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Covid is a mutated form of an already contagious virus. If people are out and about unvaccinated, ultimately they’re going to either catch it themselves and potentially put them in hospital or pass it on to others.

the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting the virus, but gives your bodies the antibodies to fight it. It’s no coincidence that smallpox and TB disappeared from this country after the introduction of vaccines (coming back now due to unvaccinated people)

ultimately you offer the protections and if people are stupid enough to think bill gates is tracking you and not have it - you limit the effect on the majority.

Torquay Sky Blue

Covid is a mutated form of an already contagious virus. If people are out and about unvaccinated, ultimately they’re going to either catch it themselves and potentially put them in hospital or pass it on to others.

the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting the virus, but gives your bodies the antibodies to fight it. It’s no coincidence that smallpox and TB disappeared from this country after the introduction of vaccines (coming back now due to unvaccinated people)

ultimately you offer the protections and if people are stupid enough to think bill gates is tracking you and not have it - you limit the effect on the majority.
When they take their advertising campaign seriously I might
IMG_20210615_130144_019.jpg

Hadji's_Goatee

Thanks for writing a reasonable response – appreciate the civility, being as we are all City fans through and through.

I completely agree with you on the point of stupid people thinking Bill Gates will be tracking them – that is very odd.

I think people who are not getting on board with this are probably more concerned about the jab still being in an experimental test phase up – until April 2023.

It's in a trial because this is the first time drug technology of this type has been used on humans, and so the medium to long term effects are yet to be recorded.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thanks for writing a reasonable response – appreciate the civility, being as we are all City fans through and through.

I completely agree with you on the point of stupid people thinking Bill Gates will be tracking them – that is very odd.

I think people who are not getting on board with this are probably more concerned about the jab still being in an experimental test phase up – until April 2023.

It's in a trial because this is the first time drug technology of this type has been used on humans, and so the medium to long term effects are yet to be recorded.
See I had initial concerns about the quickness of the rollout.

my Wife’s aunt works as a biochemist in the NHS labs, and she explained That the initial body of the Vaccine comes from the Flu vaccine, it’s been slightly engineered rather than a whole new design, hence the speed of the rollout

I had an uncle who had an allergic reaction to the vaccine, but whilst it’s a side effect it’s a very rare one.

mr_monkey

Do you mean the mrna stuff? If so give this a read as it may reduce some of your concerns

chiefdave

They make the rules
giphy.gif

mr_monkey

Sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope his allergic reaction wasn't too bad and is ok now.

We have some elderly neighbours opposite us and next door to us, they are ok now but they had a few things go wrong, gastric problems, loss of hearing and sight and one poor lady had a pacemaker fitted after having a wild heart rate. Luckily seem to be doing better now.

This website does a good job of surfacing the Governments data from their Yellow Card Adverse Drug Reaction Reports – COVID-19 Yellow Card Data | UKColumn

View attachment 20453

Here is the Gov source data site – Coronavirus vaccine - weekly summary of Yellow Card reporting

The numbers are quite high - yet admittedly the Government state that they are underreported at a rate of only 10% for serious reactions and 2 – 4% for non-serious – Yellow Card: please help to reverse the decline in reporting of suspected adverse drug reactions.

I'm glad I don't live on your road with such above average per populus reactions to the jab, it's almost like you have an agenda that you need backing up isn't it 😉

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope his allergic reaction wasn't too bad and is ok now.

We have some elderly neighbours opposite us and next door to us, they are ok now but they had a few things go wrong, gastric problems, loss of hearing and sight and one poor lady had a pacemaker fitted after having a wild heart rate. Luckily seem to be doing better now.

This website does a good job of surfacing the Governments data from their Yellow Card Adverse Drug Reaction Reports – COVID-19 Yellow Card Data | UKColumn

View attachment 20453

Here is the Gov source data site – Coronavirus vaccine - weekly summary of Yellow Card reporting

The numbers are quite high - yet admittedly the Government state that they are underreported at a rate of only 10% for serious reactions and 2 – 4% for non-serious – Yellow Card: please help to reverse the decline in reporting of suspected adverse drug reactions.
Yeah he’s fine and alright now thanks. Doesn’t help that his daughter is a conspiracy nut (bill gates is tracking and it a hoax nut)

Obviously with all medical procedures there’s a risk, I can’t find statistics but given the genetic make up id be confident in saying the stats are the same as the flu vaccine,

41 million people have been vaccinated so those numbers don’t shock me.

im 32, I was hesitant to have the Astra Zeneca vaccine, due to the reports, my wife actually told me there was more chance of blood clotting from the morning after pill so she wasn’t bothered .

luckily I had the Pfizer vaccine

fernandopartridge

CWR interview with Boddy which clears up reason for not announcing anyone yet. Won’t be announcing free transfers/OOC players until 1st July due to contractual agreements with other clubs. Says there’s a possibility of a couple coming in before then. Does sound like there are agreements with quite a few players already to me. Not sure how other clubs announced players already though

Is it something to do with furlough i wonder?

SBT

Why don't the numbers in that table match the numbers in the government data you also link to? The number of fatalities seems absurdly high.

Users who are viewing this thread