Dave Boddy update (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Most interesting bit for me:

“Of course fans will be keen to find out our new additions to the squad. We have a number of targets lined up and other players who are further down the line in terms of recruitment. Due to the nature of some of the signings, fans have to wait slightly longer than usual to find out who they are but I can re-assure them that while no announcements have been made yet, our plans are on track.

‘Due to the nature’. What could he mean by that? Foreign signings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I think in fairness to Boddy he has more or less told us things are different this year due to the covid issue and general finances throughout football but he has hinted I believe that we are at Cov in the main okay and things are on track but without making promises fair play to him.

1ccfc

It's obvious. We've agreed terms with Haaland, but Dortmund are waiting to see how he does at the Euros before agreeing a price. It's probably the same situation for most of our new signings.

Mcbean

Does'nt a big competition delay all the big signings and therefore the knock on effect - if you go early you will pay more

DannyThomas_1981

Most interesting bit for me:

“Of course fans will be keen to find out our new additions to the squad. We have a number of targets lined up and other players who are further down the line in terms of recruitment. Due to the nature of some of the signings, fans have to wait slightly longer than usual to find out who they are but I can re-assure them that while no announcements have been made yet, our plans are on track.

‘Due to the nature’. What could he mean by that? Foreign signings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all a bit bland compared to the days of 'dial a sub', 'Orange Ken on the bench', "'the mascot's fat and a bad example to children'.....'it's a fucking elephant Onye'"....... "marquee signings"....."instant success with Reidy and Inchy"....'the Bald Eagle will support Roland with his experience'..... :)

Thankfully the club seems to be in safer hands at exec level compared to the wilder days.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

The 'nature of the signings' makes me think a few are PL related loans/(signings?) and we just have to sit tight due to the domino effect of PL teams not wanting to press the button in case an 'emergency' crops up during their planning. Just got to be patient.
Boooooo/hissss. Someone out!

AFCCOVENTRY

Yeah sounds like PL loans will make up a lot of the ‘quality’ signings.

Could be some part exchange deals in there as well?

Also with furlough in play, contracts won’t start till 1st July.

steve101

I think there will be many players keeping their options open until 30th June. We may have put in contract offers and need to wait until the end of the month before knowing whether they have been accepted. If not we move to Plan B.

Hadji's_Goatee

There will be a decent portion of ST holders who won’t have had two jabs before the season starts. If they do end up insisting on two doses or a negative test as a condition of entry, that’s going to be a pain in the arse for some people. (Also - get vaccinated, people)
There will be a fair few who won't have any vaccines – keep your medical advice to yourself.

Samo

The club seemed to stress at the end of the season that the summer recruitment would move away from loans.

I think there will still be one or two

better days

There will be a fair few who won't have any vaccines – keep your medical advice to yourself.
No one will be forced to have vaccines in the UK
But it's nailed on that we are heading for vaccine passports
Especially for International travel
Sports events and other mass gatherings will almost certainly follow

chiefdave

But it's nailed on that we are heading for vaccine passports
I know I'm repeating myself, I'm sure lots of people avoid the politics / covid threads, but given that every test event has required either negative test or proof of vaccine if that's not the plan moving forward the test events have been pointless and the data is of no use.

Saddlebrains

Not all permanent signings have to involve a fee. Do you assume players do voluntary work then?

Obviously not you napkin, im referring to wages, people on here going 'Oooo it might be prem players' etc. No way will we be in for any of them

Users who are viewing this thread