Dave Bennett on TalkSport (2 Viewers)

Nobbie_67

Surprised to hear him say the 87 winning team hadn't been invited by the club to the Semi final! Pretty odd really?

Deity

Surprised to hear him say the 87 winning team hadn't been invited by the club to the Semi final! Pretty odd really?
Why is it odd ? I’ve watched the FA Cup final for decades I don’t ever recall seeing rows of ex players from decades ago watching … the odd high profile ex player but not entire teams !

I would have been surprised if they had of invited them ….

M&B Stand

Why is it odd ? I’ve watched the FA Cup final for decades I don’t ever recall seeing rows of ex players from decades ago watching … the odd high profile ex player but not entire teams !

We’re you surprised they invited Joy and Tim last year?

Nobbie_67

Listening to the broadcast DB stated he and others in the team were surprised they hadn’t been invited. Do a lot with former players association etc. … Question was from Ally McCoist asking what his plans were for the day, was he looking forward to going back to Wembley, he assumed they’d be going. Doug King is coming on Talk Sport this morning also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Listening to the broadcast DB stated he and others in the team were surprised they hadn’t been invited. Do a lot with former players association etc. … Question was from Ally McCoist asking what his plans were for the day, was he looking forward to going back to Wembley, he assumed they’d be going. Doug King is coming on Talk Sport this morning also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh he wanted a free day out then.

christonabike

Micky Gynn had a moan when he and the 87 team were not invited to Wembley for the Checkatrade trophy in one of the national papers saying they would of loved to of mingled with the fans. The journalist said what stopping you buying a ticket like everyone else can you can mingle with 42 000 if you wish.
They have milked us dry over the years with lunches, evenings with .., TV interviews, radio guests etc give it a rest for fooks sake. Oggy can be a miserable fooker when he wants to be but he keeps himself to himself and is well respected.

Sky Blue Harry H

If they loved the club so much, they shouldn't be there 'waiting' for free tickets, should they? At what point do they have to dip their hands in their own pockets like the rest of us?

Edit: apologies - just scrolled back through a few posts, and see a few have made similar points!

Frank Sidebottom

If they loved the club so much, they shouldn't be there 'waiting' for free tickets, should they? At what point do they have to dip their hands in their own pockets like the rest of us?

Edit: apologies - just scrolled back through a few posts, and see a few have made similar points!
Probably hasn't got an account with previous purchase history.

pusbccfc

It's not fully true. They were offered boxes but needed to pay towards it. The club weren't willing to pay for them.

Considering the cost of the boxes, the club weren't going to buy them.

Tommo1993

Really? How long does he expect to be able to dine out on it? Move on and buy a ticket like everyone else.

AOM

Micky Gynn had a moan when he and the 87 team were not invited to Wembley for the Checkatrade trophy in one of the national papers saying they would of loved to of mingled with the fans. The journalist said what stopping you buying a ticket like everyone else can you can mingle with 42 000 if you wish.
They have milked us dry over the years with lunches, evenings with .., TV interviews, radio guests etc give it a rest for fooks sake. Oggy can be a miserable fooker when he wants to be but he keeps himself to himself and is well respected.

To be fair to Oggy as well, he's also been employed by the club more recently

skyblue_55

It’s a shame really , as now only 12 of them remain & they could have sat alongside our owners Doug , Joy & Tim !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No sympathy - No supporter number or proof of previous purchase - You ain't getting in.

Saw Dave Bennett in Corporate at Swindon last time we played their, does that count. 🍺🍺🍺

Kilclines curly mullet

I’ll always be grateful for what the 87 boys did for the club but I’m getting a bit bored of hearing the same questions and answers all of the time

Q. What made the 87 team so special ?
A. The team spirit….

Controversial maybe but for me personally the less I hear about 87 maybe the more I’ll saviour it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

As far as I am concerned the 87 team can dine out on it for as long as they live. Maybe people have short memories, but what they did for the city was incredible, how anyone could begrudge those who are still alive a complementary ticket on Sunday is mystifying

Agree, the young fans of today just don't know what it was like to win the most famous Cup in the World.

Tommo1993

“You won a cup nearly 40 years ago. Here, have loads of tickets and hospitality, on the club!”

Nah. Madness. They didn’t save the world.

Users who are viewing this thread