Dave Bennett on TalkSport (3 Viewers)

skybluericoh

I wonder if manure’s previous 36000 fa cup league and European cup winners are the ones that have all their tickets?

Captain_Slackbladder

I wonder if manure’s previous 36000 fa cup league and European cup winners are the ones that have all their tickets?
I shouldn't need to state the obvious, but we are not Man U, we have won the FA Cup once, the only major trophy the club has ever won. The team brought joy on the city to a level which has only been seen less than a handful of times in modern history, that has never been repeated in almost 40 years, some of the players from 87 are still heavily involved with the club and the former players association, why would you not want them to have a complimentary ticket to Wembley? If you meet supporters of other clubs above a certain age whilst travelling on trains to see The City across the country, all they talk about is the 87 Cup final. It is defining, and yes we want to add to that this year, if we did I would like to think the likes of Sheaf, Simms, Eccles etc would all be welcome back to the club in 40 years time.

Tommo1993

I shouldn't need to state the obvious, but we are not Man U, we have won the FA Cup once, the only major trophy the club has ever won. The team brought joy on the city to a level which has only been seen less than a handful of times in modern history, that has never been repeated in almost 40 years, some of the players from 87 are still heavily involved with the club and the former players association, why would you not want them to have a complimentary ticket to Wembley? If you meet supporters of other clubs above a certain age whilst travelling on trains to see The City across the country, all they talk about is the 87 Cup final. It is defining, and yes we want to add to that this year, if we did I would like to think the likes of Sheaf, Simms, Eccles etc would all be welcome back to the club in 40 years time.

This isn’t about them. There’s no real reason to roll out a load of freebies. Why can’t they buy like everyone else?

Kilclines curly mullet

There is a difference between former players being welcomed back and getting complimentary tickets to the ‘big’ games nearly 40 years later.

skybluericoh

If we as fans feel that strongly why haven’t we set up a fund that will pay for tickets travel and accommodation etc for them, or is it we’re happy for the owners to put their hands in their pockets but not us?
bit to late for tomorrow but if we do get to the final. Also I’m sure some will be happy to give up their chance of a ticket when we only get 23000

Tommo1993

If we as fans feel that strongly why haven’t we set up a fund that will pay for tickets travel and accommodation etc for them, or is it we’re happy for the owners to put their hands in their pockets but not us?
bit to late for tomorrow but if we do get to the final. Also I’m sure some will be happy to give up their chance of a ticket when we only get 23000

Roll out the red carpet. No idea why we didn’t drag our L2 squad to last season’s P/O final!

Users who are viewing this thread