Darren Ferguson (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

Lots of poor managers have won promotions.

What a bizarre sentence. A manager success is based on results and back to back promotions plus a playoff and cup trophy in 7 years shows me he's a good manager. What have we achieved during that time? Relegation and mid table finishes.

turlykerd

What a bizarre sentence. A manager success is based on results and back to back promotions plus a playoff and cup trophy in 7 years shows me he's a good manager. What have we achieved during that time? Relegation and mid table finishes.

There's also been a bunch of dreadful shockingly aweful managers whom have won the league, champions league and euro/world cups

We should steer well clear of that lot of lucky charlottons!!

kg82

You could also say, in 4 years he's been sacked twice and relegated.

The Lurker

You could also say, in 4 years he's been sacked twice and relegated.
So has ferguson ever got a club relegated from league 1? No

Has ferguson got promotion from league 1? Yes, twice. At this level he knows what it takes to get results. Good enough for me

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not that bizarre, he struck gold in Mclean and Mckail Smith who pretty much got them the back to back promotion.

Look at the table in 10/11. 75 goals conceded when they were promoted it's crazy. He was found out at Preston and over the last 18 months at Peterborough where he actually has to manage the team.

Chez78

Please god no!!! Darren Ferguson has only achieved success at this level due to the financial backing of a good board without money he's going to achieve nothing. Plus he got found out at Preston where his record was terrible, I can't believe people actually want him as manager nearly as bad as some people putting forward Paul Jewell.

Users who are viewing this thread