Dale Evans ....... (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
When this all comes out as bollocks, can we all agree that we don't need attention seeking arseholes playing games with the fans of this club?

You aren't interested in the big CCFC news coming next Wednesday at 8PM then? ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Why would they lie about this one? They want to sell the club don't they?

All those you have listed are pretty much false promises by the club or owners.

This is supposedly a positive story. Why would they deny it? Could understand a denial in terms of numbers (he says £20m, they say £50m), but not that no contact has been made.

We don't know that for sure do we?
Well! from someone that is a bit of a comedy legend on the forum. You can't see the comedy/Irony in my post? I despair Otis... I really do ;)

Nick

Administrator
Speaking to the Telegraph, Dale Evans has claimed that he has now joined the consortium headed up by former CCFC vice chairman Gary Hoffman.

He said: “After a few days of speculation I would like to make my position clear.

“After a number of conversations, I have decided to align myself with the consortium headed up by Gary Hoffman.

“I have decided this so I can work with other like minded Sky Blues fans to persuade the existing owners to sell.

“It’s clear the consortium has the right plans for the future of our beloved football club in Coventry.”

Mr Hoffman’s representatives have declined to comment on Mr Evans’ claims at this stage.

Surely you can't claim something is speculation when you have been on facebook hammering it yourself?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so he is now part of a consortium of 4 which originally had 6 or 7 investors and then added the Trust............ not 24 hours ago he had done the deal. Hardly credible is he

not sure he grasps the setup of things or how such things are done. Without meaning to be disrespectful it seems he thinks he can wave a fist full of money (monopoly?) and do or say what he chooses to get his own way. If he has this money I hope he has some strong and professional advisors experienced in deal making and football industry whose advice he follows ..... he hasn't shown much evidence of that so far.

If Hoffman is to be successful then I hope his uncontrolled comments do not damage whatever their bid might be

oh and for the record I believe the two press releases given by the club on this matter

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He said: “We know the value of the club. We have made a valuation of the club, and an offer has been formally submitted.

“We believe it’s something we can proceed on.”

Asked who had sent the offer and who it had been sent to, he said: “I sent an offer to Joy Seppala originally myself.

“Regardless of what the club says, I have spoken to them. We know the value of the club and what we think it is worth.”

Is it me, or is that not the same as Joy telling him what they want for it?

The telegraph are stirring it up even more with misleading headlines and tweets.

What I don't get is that he needed CWR to give him the details of Mark Hornby in the first instance, how is he now in contact with Seppala directly?

Nick

Administrator
This one contradicts the above.

He said: “It’s to be negotiated with Sisu. We are in this together and we are serious with this.

“We believe the offer that’s gone in will be more than enough to release Sisu from the club.

“We want to thank Sisu for their efforts. We believe this consortium can take the club forward.”

Massive dose of deja vu.

Nick

Administrator
He said: “I haven’t got enough money to buy this myself. That’s why I have teamed up with Gary Hoffman.”

Asked what his personal worth was, he said: “I would rather not say at this time. It will all come out.”

Hasn't he already put it all over Facebook and CWR?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Could someone please tell him to shut the F*** up. The more he says the more the contradictions and the less credibility that he and now by association the consortium retain. There are times when the best policy is to stop talking and say nothing........ this is most definitely one of those times

Otis

Could someone please tell him to shut the F*** up. The more he says the more the contradictions and the less credibility that he and now by association the consortium retain. There are times when the best policy is to stop talking and say nothing........ this is most definitely one of those times

It is becoming a bit of an embarrassing joke isn't it.

All very sad.

Nick

Administrator

If he has been chatting with Hoffman and Elliott, surely one of them would have said to keep quiet and get away from Facebook?

SKYBLUES90

Didn’t he originally say on cwr he had the money to front it himself but if Hoffman was interested he would go 50/50.

That’s changed quickly

Nick

Administrator
Didn’t he originally say on cwr he had the money to front it himself but if Hoffman was interested he would go 50/50.

That’s changed quickly

His line about knowing how much SISU want changed to he had valued it within about 3 lines of text.

Otis

That’s changed quickly
Think he said he would go 50/50 ownership with Sisu didn't he?

This is Dale Evans though, so maybe it was 70/40.

Otis

The Telegraph have said he has declined to.
Wouldn't you do the same with all this nonsense going on?

I know people talk of not singing from the same hymn sheet, but this guy can't even agree with himself.

Nick

Administrator
He said: “I started out with £50. It wasn’t just poker, I won on football bets and the horses too.

“I had a lucky streak and went on to play bigger poker games with more money. They were online tournaments.

“There’s no record of me winning because I don’t use my own name when I play.”

Didn't he say he put £1m on a bet and won £10m off a hand? Can't remember his exact wording.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If he has been chatting with Hoffman and Elliott, surely one of them would have said to keep quiet and get away from Facebook?

They probably did Nick, I am certain they wouldn't encourage this. But him being told and him doing what he is told or asked are two very different things

Rich

He said:
“We believe the offer that’s gone in will be more than enough to release Sisu from the club.

“We want to thank Sisu for their efforts. We believe this consortium can take the club forward.

“We’re renegotiating the terms to put an offer forward.”

Either you've put an offer in that's enough or you're renegotiating terms in order to put an offer in.

This guy is either loving the attention, or shitting himself because he can't stop digging.

Captain Dart

Is Michael McIndoe part of Mr Evans consortium?

Nick

Administrator
Yep, but I thought it was $1m and won $10m.

Ah, wrong currency ;)

Surely there would be record / talk of that on poker sites? Even if not his real name that would be massive for a game of online poker.

Nick

Administrator
They probably did Nick, I am certain they wouldn't encourage this. But him being told and him doing what he is told or asked are two very different things

You would think that after Friday night on CWR they would be a little be wary of him doing something random if they were to let him in with them?

When it was Hoffman I know people were asking questions etc, but surely much better to stay quiet than to keep shouting without answering questions but generating even more?

Nick

Administrator
He is now saying he went onto CWR to get Hoffman's attention

He said: “I could not get hold of Gary Hoffman. I’d had no contact with him before.

“Within five minutes of being on the radio, I was speaking to Gary Hoffman in Hawaii.”

Considering CWR had to give him Hornby's contact details, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to get in touch with him if he tried?

Why is he now going public again after he had spoken to him?

It isn't making Hoffman look too good him linking himself with it, I would say it could well be a PR job on him but it would be genius and I don't think I could give them credit for that.

Otis

He is now saying he went onto CWR to get Hoffman's attention

Considering CWR had to give him Hornby's contact details, I am pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to get in touch with him if he tried?
Bloody hell he gets about quick. 6 mins to Amsterdam and back and in 5 mins he's in Hawaii!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
suggest a simple google search of " how to contact Gary Hoffman" works.......

Users who are viewing this thread