Dale Evans ....... (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
suggest a simple google search of " how to contact Gary Hoffman" works.......

How many people are going to do that now?

I did and it seems pretty easy. Also you would think CWR / Telegraph / Trust would have it if he approached them and then they went to Hoffman and said "Theres a guy with shit loads and wants to join, can he have your number?"

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He said: “It doesn’t really phase me. I know this is real.”

What is real........ other than divided opinion what has actually been achieved? SISU wont talk to him so there is no deal and he himself said he couldn't afford it on his own!

wal3590

Jesus! What have we become, we are that desperate we have half believed this. Seriously what is he getting out of this exactly?

Nick

Administrator
He said: “It doesn’t really phase me. I know this is real.”

What is real........ other than divided opinion what has actually been achieved? SISU wont talk to him so there is no deal and he himself said he couldn't afford it on his own!

You could understand if he was going to the media and disproving every doubt rather than creating even more.

wal3590

" He said: “I started out with £50. It wasn’t just poker, I won on football bets and the horses too.
“I had a lucky streak and went on to play bigger poker games with more money. They were online tournaments.
“There’s no record of me winning because I don’t use my own name when I play.” "

Using a fake name to gamble, pull the other one pal? Got a fake bank account as well have you? Think this may ring money laundering alarm bells somewhere!

Tommo72

Let’s just see what happens ah, there is obviously some truth in what is going on.

I get the scepticism but give it some chance ffs

skybluebeduff

" He said: “I started out with £50. It wasn’t just poker, I won on football bets and the horses too.
“I had a lucky streak and went on to play bigger poker games with more money. They were online tournaments.
“There’s no record of me winning because I don’t use my own name when I play.” "

Using a fake name to gamble, pull the other one pal? Got a fake bank account as well have you? Think this may ring money laundering alarm bells somewhere!
You use a username on pokersites.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting, he seems to be repeating Hoffman now.

Mr Evans said: “I can’t go into much detail. The club is going to go forwards.

“Our aim is to be back in the Premier League within seven years.

“I think that sounds ambitious, but it is realistic and achievable.”

It offers £500,000 for a promotion to the Championship within five years; and £5million for promotion to the highly lucrative Premier League within seven years, where TV revenues alone dwarf that sum.

No mention of Royton now though.

SKYBLUES90

I thought the exact same.

clint van damme

As for the rumour, I'm was 100% convinced that this is total rubbish. The only thing that has slightly changed my mind is if his family is getting targeted on social media and he's still communicating. If it is a wind up, he's played a blinder.

Fingers crossed but until I see a Sky Sports - Breaking News ticker tape confirming it, I'm not gonna get worked up about it. Too many questions to sound plausible.

when you say his family are getting targeted I hope they're not getting abuse or threats.
As much as he appears to be a massive gobshite targeting his family would be a cunts trick,

skybluebeduff

Do you mean the people who have been repeating it or people like Elliott?
His friends who have joined in with the "he's the real deal" crusade. Like people have pointed out, he's got a lot of holes to fill to convince everyone, and some of his friends have put themselves into the firing line too if all of it turns out bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
His friends who have joined in with the "he's the real deal" crusade. Like people have pointed out, he's got a lot of holes to fill to convince everyone, and some of his friends have put themselves into the firing line too if all of it turns out bollocks.
Maybe he has managed to blag them? If they are his mates they won't be as sceptical as a random.

Do people know his friends?

What I find strange is how they seem to be overly keen to get the point across, a couple of people have mentioned they have had direct messages about it etc. It's like you calling me a c**t and then you getting PM's from randoms saying I'm a great fella ;)

Nick

Administrator
While there is no official word that Mr Evans from Gary Hoffman’s consortium that Mr Evan has joined their ranks, the Telegraph understands serious discussions have taken place.

It is understood that Gary Hoffman’s consortium does not dispute that Mr Evans possesses considerable wealth and could add some weight to their financial clout as they strive to purchase Coventry City.

A source has suggested that Mr Evans’ wealth, combined with the business and football knowledge of the other consortium members, could make Mr Evans a valuable addition to the consortium.

It’s unlikely that Mr Evans would be front and centre of any negotiations between the consortium and Sisu moving forward.

There is still no official statement from Gary Hoffman, who is understood to be tied up in unrelated meetings this afternoon.

I wonder if he is going to post screenshots to try and disprove the club saying they haven't heard anything?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
out of interest what was the last team to start from L2 and get to the Premiership? Bournemouth? Swansea?

Captain Dart

You would think that after Friday night on CWR they would be a little be wary of him doing something random if they were to let him in with them?

When it was Hoffman I know people were asking questions etc, but surely much better to stay quiet than to keep shouting without answering questions but generating even more?

You're kidding, it has stirred up a nice little controversial talking point, grist to the mill for CWR.
It has even prompted the club to respond to deny everything when normally they keep quiet.

Grendel

At least he will pass the FL fit and proper test then

Nick

Administrator

giphy.gif

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Swansea were in League 2 in 2004 - 2005
Bournemouth 2009 - 10

cheers thought so ................. look how much it cost for Bournemouth to do that they have loans at £53m and issued share capital of £21m by 2016 they started in 2010 with 875k in loans and 250k in issued shares

Nick

Administrator
Nick, type back with:

Please contact Nick@sky blues talk for permission when copying content from the Sky Blues Talk forum.

Nah I just gave them a link from where they have copied an image without credit and referred them to a link on here to their article.

Users who are viewing this thread