Dale Evans ....... (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Not sure why Mr Hoffman doesn’t say what he has seen or heard.
At the very least an indication he's seen more than a betting slip. Even then are we taking £100K to join the consortium or £20m to buy the club outright as he was claiming on CWR.

I think most fans would want to believe that a takeover is imminent but from the start the way he has gone about this has lacked credibility. And now we're at a point where he's part of a consortium who have already been dismissed out of hand multiple times who are saying they won't bid until the legals are over which could be years yet. Hardly the done deal by Xmas that was being claimed.

Nick

Administrator
Yes Otis I am saying you are calling him a liar. Your words "He has been disingenuous with what he has said"
I use the legal argument of It contains a misleading impression. It was being economical with the truth.
So why not disprove what Otis is saying where he gives exact quotes? Does that turned out to be incorrect

Londonccfcfan

Sisu have made up false statements about everything for 10 years. A genuine fan comes on here wiling to invest and his every word cut is dissected to discredit him.

Look im not naive, but i think hes genuine. We all have our opinions.

Some folk on here just constantly focus on the negative, its in their genetic make up.

We could have almighty try us over and folk on here would have a problem would try to pick the bones out of that.

chiefdave

his every word cut is dissected to discredit him
Not really but when he says he has spoken to SISU and agreed a price and it will all be done by Xmas and then less than a week later he hasn't spoken to anyone and is now part of a consortium who might put a bid in months / years down the line do you not think its right for people to be concerned about his credibility?

dongonzalos

Wait, I thought he would be pulling out because of abuse to his family rather than people pointing out contradictions? Why would it be his and others fault?

Again, who has actually abused his family?

It will be a load of brave trolls hiding behind names that are song titles and things like that.
I can’t imagine many with real names giving him abuse.
He won’t be just getting abused because he has exaggerated.
Most of his abuse will be fuelled through jealously. He is talking about having won a lot of money.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu have made up false statements about everything for 10 years. A genuine fan comes on here wiling to invest and his every word cut is dissected to discredit him.

Look im not naive, but i think hes genuine. We all have our opinions.

Some folk on here just constantly focus on the negative, its in their genetic make up.

We could have almighty try us over and folk on here would have a problem would try to pick the bones out of that.

He isn't on here is he?

They are dissected because he keeps contradicting himself.

By all means get your hopes up about a takeover in two weeks and then Christmas.

Nick

Administrator
It will be a load of brave trolls hiding behind names that are song titles and things like that.
I can’t imagine many with real names giving him abuse.
He won’t be just getting abused because he has exaggerated.
Most of his abuse will be fuelled through jealously. He is talking about having won a lot of money.
Where are they being abused? I haven't seen and wouldn't allow any of that on here.

If they are it's disgraceful don't get me wrong, just didn't know if anybody had seen it going on

NortonSkyBlue

Wait, I thought he would be pulling out because of abuse to his family rather than people pointing out contradictions? Why would it be his and others fault?

Again, who has actually abused his family?

The worrying thing is that you would be annoyed at people picking apart his story for ruining the takeover, ignoring the massive holes in his stories.
Okay, lets summise that Dale Evans is reading this thread and takes it as a barometer for the attitude of his fellow fans. Now lets also summise that some fellow fans are abusing his family. Do you think it would encourage him to invest his wealth in such a project?
He has not been given the latitude that I believe he was due.

chiefdave

Okay, lets summise that Dale Evans is reading this thread and takes it as a barometer for the attitude of his fellow fans.
Given that he's happy to fire off on social media wouldn't the best course of action be for him to sign up on here and answer the concerns about discrepancies in what he has been saying?

NortonSkyBlue

Given that he's happy to fire off on social media wouldn't the best course of action be for him to sign up on here and answer the concerns about discrepancies in what he has been saying?
That is very sound advice Chiefdave and if I knew the chap it is the course of action I would recommend. That said I would also say that once that was done, back off and lets the grown ups play.

Otis

Yes Otis I am saying you are calling him a liar. Your words "He has been disingenuous with what he has said"
I use the legal argument of It contains a misleading impression. It was being economical with the truth.
His statements have made little sense. He said that in his talks with the club he was told how much they want for it and he said that he could outright buy the club. Then he said he couldn't outright buy the club. All this on the back of a forwarded email, despite him saying he had talks with Mark Hornby himself.

He sent an email in, Hornby replied and said 'thanks for the email, I have forwarded it on,' from which he has deduced that he has had talks with Mark Hornby and talked about the takeover bid and what was required.

Nick

Administrator
Okay, lets summise that Dale Evans is reading this thread and takes it as a barometer for the attitude of his fellow fans. Now lets also summise that some fellow fans are abusing his family. Do you think it would encourage him to invest his wealth in such a project?
He has not been given the latitude that I believe he was due.
You seem to be lining it up already as the fans fault if he pulls out.

If his family are abused it's way over the line, that's a long way away from people pointing out contradictions in actual things he has said.

If he is going to completely back out because he has said things that don't stack up, that's not the fans fault. He has been all over social media saying things himself, giving statements on the radio.

NortonSkyBlue

You seem to be lining it up already as the fans fault if he pulls out.

If his family are abused it's way over the line, that's a long way away from people pointing out contradictions in actual things he has said.

If he is going to completely back out because he has said things that don't stack up, that's not the fans fault
Actually Nick I wish you would stop telling me what I seem to be doing. I can tell you myself.
What stacks up is that he has the money and Hoffman has welcomed him in to the fold. I wish the posters on here were so inclined but so many have been HOPING he was outed as a fraud.
As I have said all along and will continue to say is give the guy a chance and if he is a fraud then feel free to vent your spleen.

Nick

Administrator
Actually Nick I wish you would stop telling me what I seem to be doing. I can tell you myself.
What stacks up is that he has the money and Hoffman has welcomed him in to the fold. I wish the posters on here were so inclined but so many have been HOPING he was outed as a fraud.
As I have said all along and will continue to say is give the guy a chance and if he is a fraud then feel free to vent your spleen.

I told you yesterday when you tried the love sisu act, you then tried the same line this morning.

It's pretty obvious to anybody with eyes.

At what point are people allowed to discuss massive gaping holes in his stories?

Otis

I told you yesterday when you tried the love sisu act, you then tried the same line this morning.

At what point are people allowed to discuss massive gaping holes in his stories?
We need to put all those doubts to one side, Nick, cos he's City fan and wants to buy the club.

Matters not that his stories have massive holes in them and people are denying talks he says have already happened.

We need to forget all that and just trust him.

BackRoomRummermill

If Dale you are reading this thread which I suspect you are ( I know I would be ) you have come across very confusing and gone about it in the wrong way. The reason is there still exists no real proof of your intentions. Anybody can get a selfie in a box, I was in Sky Box 14 last week at the Bet Fred semi finals at Hampden surround by famous people but could not be bothered. I suspect that you are a chancer and as for Hoffman he will say anything to get publicity. So there you are , if you are really someone who has the money ( I mean money as well ) then conduct your business behind the scenes in a professional manner and everyone will get behind you . If you are not then you will be ridiculed and character assonated all your life. Someone has suggested a get out clause silver bullet story for it to stop now then I suggest you take it now and stop messing with peoples heads.

dongonzalos

That's why I asked if anybody had seen it going on elsewhere

Oh I thought you were asking who.
I am not in any of these CCFC Facebook groups but I thought it’s in there that’s its happening, didn’t someone mention that before?

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

When I stated this morning "Believe me when I say that if Hoffman had stated he was a joker Evans would have deserved every kick he would have got but to be dismissed because he was unorthodox struck me as a) unfair b) jealous c) fearful(that their beloved Sisu days are numbered?)"
It is my reading of why the majority are dismissive of the guy as they don't know him and I feel that it is unfair not to give give Dale Evans the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty if you like, or in this case proven to be minted as opposed to potless. Deal or No Dale.
I believe that some of the reason is the green eyed monster and jealousy played a part in the damning of Evans(one poster going as far as to say he couldn't have won the money from poker because if he did I would know about it)and finally there are some of the posters here who despite the downward spiral of results, despite the sixfields shame, despite the stadium debacle still hold a candle for the owners and wont hear a word against them but woe betide gormless Dale and his poker pot and fuck me the knives are straight out and planted firmly in his front.
I hope I have clarified my position for you.

Colin Steins Smile

I welcome the fact that there are still people still interested in our club, especially given our current status.
However, I cannot see SISU relinquishing control until they've totally exhausted the litigation route, as that IMO that is the focus of their current strategy to recoup funds.
Therefore, we're here for the long haul and potentially it will be early 2019, when any opportunities for a group to undertake due diligence and consider picking up the pieces of what's left of our club. Hopefully, people with the finances and commitment to CCFC will still be around.

Nick

Administrator
When I stated this morning "Believe me when I say that if Hoffman had stated he was a joker Evans would have deserved every kick he would have got but to be dismissed because he was unorthodox struck me as a) unfair b) jealous c) fearful(that their beloved Sisu days are numbered?)"
It is my reading of why the majority are dismissive of the guy as they don't know him and I feel that it is unfair not to give give Dale Evans the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty if you like, or in this case proven to be minted as opposed to potless. Deal or No Dale.
I believe that some of the reason is the green eyed monster and jealousy played a part in the damning of Evans(one poster going as far as to say he couldn't have won the money from poker because if he did I would know about it)and finally there are some of the posters here who despite the downward spiral of results, despite the sixfields shame, despite the stadium debacle still hold a candle for the owners and wont hear a word against them but woe betide gormless Dale and his poker pot and fuck me the knives are straight out and planted firmly in his front.
I hope I have clarified my position for you.

No, they don't know him which is why people on here are just discussing things he has said himself.

As I said, you tried the whole love sisu thing yesterday and denied it when I pointed out how obvious it was to then try it again.

Like I said, it's a standard lazy line thrown out when you can't disprove the argument.

Why not fill the massive holes people point out rather than trying to the lazy "you must be happy with sisu nonsense"?

NortonSkyBlue

I welcome the fact that there are still people still interested in our club, especially given our current status.
However, I cannot see SISU relinquishing control until they've totally exhausted the litigation route, as that IMO that is the focus of their current strategy to recoup funds.
Therefore, we're here for the long haul and potentially it will be early 2019, when any opportunities for a group to undertake due diligence and consider picking up the pieces of what's left of our club. Hopefully, people with the finances and commitment to CCFC will still be around.
I dont necessarily agree with that but hallelujah to the last sentence.

skybluetony176

Unfortunately what Hoffman has to say just seems to confirm something I’ve long suspected in that SISU won’t entertain going until the legal’s are done and dusted. Given that they have 12 months until they have to lodge their appeal that doesn’t look to be anytime soon. Let’s just hope that when they do lodge it it gets turned down flat and there’s no other options for them to continue.

Problem is that this leaves the club and fans in limbo. If we have no success this season I suspect that will only further disjoint the fan base, numbers will drop, turnover will drop, budget will drop and I think we all know where that means we’re heading.

sky blue john

If i won a few quid on the lottery and decided to waste some of it on trying to get rid of Sisu from our club.This forum would be the last place on earth i would come and explain myself!

Flying Fokker

You may want to hold your fire in calling him a liar.
Let the full story come out and it may well be that Evans had all the contact he said he had just the parties he was in contacted with were not happy for that to be divulged in the way it was.
I repeat what I have said Otis, he is not a businessman, he is a fan who has come in to money and I am delighted he is looking to spend in a way that I would if I was so fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread