Cyrus (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good luck to him, if he can get paid more somewhere else for doing exactly the same thing then why not. Most people would at the very least seriously consider doing the same if they are honest about it

Clearly the lad doesn't want to be here on what has been offered but to move to the MLS at this stage in his career I find a very strange option. It can only be his agent chasing the money can't it?. If he has ambitions to play at a higher level then surely the move has to be within the FL. Is there real interest or is it agent speak to highlight he is available with potential options ie a bargaining ploy? I think over the last season he has been affected more than most by what has gone on at the club and his form dipped - he needs a new challenge.

A club looking at him will see a young man with potential who has shown in some games some decent form that could with the right conditions take him to a higher level. They may well look at him and think a reasonable investment for relatively little money with potential to earn more for the future. The agent and player can argue that the instability at CCFC affected his form this season and that will be to some degree accepted I would have thought. Any player is a gamble some pay off some don't.

From the clubs point of view if he went abroad then this would knock a hole in the FFP budget for the season. I can well understand why SP would be unhappy about this. That cash flow would also be very useful for paying the bills too. I think that CCFC assumed a certain pay day amount from the Christie sale (Waggots comments in media have been relaxed about Christie leaving) this latest potential move has put a spanner in the works. Equally not signing a new contract also deprives CCFC of future income in any sale. However the agents duty like it or not is to maximise his clients earning potential, he has no duty of care to CCFC. If the agent does well out of it then financially so must the player. Whether it is a good move for his professional development to go to MLS is a different question.... and Christie can of course turn such a move down.

To me it seems the wrong move for the player from a career point of view but there might be reasons he feels it right aside from the money and earning his agent a fat fee.

I think the role and power of agents needs to better controlled in general. There is a purpose and use for agents but I cant help but feel they are massively overpaid for what they do and not sure I see how in the present system how they benefit the game in general

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pressley this morning...

“We’re the type of club who like to develop our young players and give them an opportunity. And, ultimately, like at any football club players do want to move on and we’ve got no problem with that if it’s at the right time, and the player feels it’s right.

“But the one thing I do feel is that we’re happy for that to happen as long as the club are rewarded with the correct compensation. But if his agency decide to take him down that path it would affect the possible compensation amount and I would be hugely disappointed with them because they are not acting in the best interests of football, and they are not working with the football club.

......................................................................................................

Surely the agent works for Cyrus, not CCFC. Career wise, who knows, Defoe still has sevral prem years in him, but made the move.

Financially and for the lifestyle, it would be a no brainer for Cryus to go to America.

Defoe moved there and that cost him a place in the World Cup squad imo

skybluetony176

Face it if Barnsley were interested he'd sign for them.

According to one poster on here he wouldn't have a say. If he's agent said he's signing for a team in America he wouldn't be able to a thing about it.

Now, which poster was it who said that?

J

Jack Griffin

We shall see where he actually ends up.. I don't think he will have any difficulty in getting a contract, the question is how good will that contract be?

torchomatic

And that is exactly where you are wrong, SISU and CCFC are sadly inextricable linked.

Only when it's convenient for backing up an argument, eh Astute?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

£600,000 Price Tag On Christie

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Sunday, 8th June 2014
Views: 301

According to The People, Coventry City have slapped a £600,000 price tag on Cyrus Christie.

The Coventry born defender is out of contract at the end of this month, and the paper claim that 'Christie is looking for a short term move abroad after a £600k price tag was slapped on him."

The paper also claims that City who want a big fee, will go to a tribunal if necessary.but will get less money if Christie goes abroad.
http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/600000_price_tag_on_christie_834316/index.shtml

Astute

Only when it's convenient for backing up an argument, eh Astute?

What are you trying to say?

Who is running up the debt even quicker by moving our club? Where is the money being loaned from? Who is putting the people in charge? Who is involved in all the litigation?

I could go on. It doesn't feel like my own club anymore. I have a lack of interest in the World Cup for the first time ever. I am losing interest in football as a whole. Is it anything to do with what SISU have done to our club...........and they don't even own it. But they do run every little part of it and make every decision. They are not after what is best for our club. But you make out that they are totally separate.

torchomatic

SO you're blaming your lack on interest of the World Cup on SISU too? Similarly, I lost something I really wanted on eBay this morning. I'm blaming ACL.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Lorksalordy

Tbf, we can put any price tag on him we like. He can still move whether the other club agrees to this figure or not. If they don't, it'll go to tribunal, and that figure may get us more, meaning we're better off than the other team, or it could get us less, with us losing out.

Certainly can't see him staying either way.

So any price tag we put on is essentially meaningless and would just simply be a fee to avoid the tribunal. Can't see it has any bearing on outcome whatsoever. Seems, yet again, they are chancing their arm.

RoboCCFC90

So the Club have allegedly said that they will accept £600,000 for Cyrus because he's under 24 and at that point will not seek a tribunal? I think that's justifiable from the Club's point of view, if it's true I would also see that as Cyrus not being interested in negotiating new terms..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So the Club have allegedly said that they will accept £600,000 for Cyrus because he's under 24 and at that point will not seek a tribunal? I think that's justifiable from the Club's point of view, if it's true I would also see that as Cyrus not being interested in negotiating new terms..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is justifiable, not denying that, but usually in these instances some clubs would rather chance getting them cheaper at tribunal than paying the requested amount.

Didn't we do that some years ago when signing someone? I forget who it was, but we took it to tribunal to set the fee.

Thinking it might have been Simpson? Or Borrowdale that someone's previously mentioned?

torchomatic

Yes, plus one to the Streakfest, one for Tarantula Kingdom 15 and a couple of tickets to Wallpaper World.

Was it two tickets to see psychic sally?

Noggin

SO you're blaming your lack on interest of the World Cup on SISU too? Similarly, I lost something I really wanted on eBay this morning. I'm blaming ACL.

I have a lack of interest in the world cup and sisu/football league very much are to blame. That said I'm hopeing once it starts I'll get into it.

Astute

Ha Ha Ha.

Didn't know they sold intelligence on ebay ;)

Just lost my love for football at the moment. Will do my best to get it back next season. My 4 year old keeps asking when I will take him. Maybe the buzz he gets will bring it back for me. But that will mean a game within a couple of hours from where we live. Won't take him for a weekend away. Gets in the way of me and drinking adults pop.

Hobo

It seems logical that various factors within the football world can erode people's interest. Your flippant analogy about eBay shows you have as much understanding of fans and why they are drifting away from football as the governing bodies. I am sure you have no insight into what has been happening behind the scenes in Brazil....or what backhanders have taken place for projected World Cup competitions? Enjoy your season at Sixfields supporting who exactly?

Last edited:

torchomatic

Enjoy your season at Sixfields supporting who exactly?

Coventry City.

torchomatic

And you enjoy the moral superiority you obviously feel you possess.

I on the other hand won't comment on what you feel you must do as that is a choice you've made.

Hobo

And you enjoy the moral superiority you obviously feel you possess.

I on the other hand won't comment on what you feel you must do as that is a choice you've made.

I guarantee there is no enjoyment from this situation, neither do I feel superior to anyone. But yes I will continue to adopt the stance I feel is right for the long term benefit of the club.

Sbarcher

Wow,really!! (See post no. 1.....)

Users who are viewing this thread