Cyrus Christie (1 Viewer)

SkyBlues_Matt

He is out of contract at the end of the season been linked with a move away to Bolton and Blackburn for most of the year and it now looks like Burnley have started watching him

Shame we wont get any money for him.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think we get a compensation fee - not sure how much

Grendel

He is out of contract at the end of the season been linked with a move away to Bolton and Blackburn for most of the year and it now looks like Burnley have started watching him

Shame we wont get any money for him.

We will get money wont we?

skyblue1991

He's under 24 so we will get a fee.

If the fee cannot be agreed between the two clubs it'll go to a tribunal.

Gint11

To be honest, I don't really care. He seems a good lad but he is terrible at defending. Good going forward but a liability at defending.

covcity4life

if we sold him everyone would have kicked off lol

nothing we can do about him not signing a new contract i am afraid.

Gint11

To be honest, I don't really care. He seems a good lad but he is terrible at defending. Good going forward but a liability at defending.

One example was MK dons away. First half all their play came down their left flank. Dons wingers all over him.

stupot07

One example was MK dons away. First half all their play came down their left flank. Dons wingers all over him.

He's not even that good going forward, very little end product given the number crossing opportunities he gets per game. Good luck to him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lewys33

It wouldn't surprise me if a deal was agreed in January. His recent performances have been lacking.

I didnt attend any games at the start of the season so cant comment but the games I have seen he has been below average! Seems his head was already elsewhere.

CJ_covblaze

Tribunals have set iffy figures in the past. SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS, yes it really was SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS for Gary Borrowdale being a prime example.

RoboCCFC90

I am sure Cryus will be converted back into a Winger at some point, Cyrus is good going forward, but lacks defenively.

I am not sure Burnley will swoop in for him, but I can imagine Cyrus joining a Championship side in the summer.

ccfctommy

I am sure Cryus will be converted back into a Winger at some point, Cyrus is good going forward, but lacks defenively.

I am not sure Burnley will swoop in for him, but I can imagine Cyrus joining a Championship side in the summer.

Are you talking about the same Cyrus Christie as me? He's crap going forward. He cannot cross a ball to save his life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hill83

One of the best defenders this club has ever had. He will start at the next world cup mark my words. Truly a wonderful time to be a Coventry City fan.
Tears of joy on my keyboard.

japandy

One of the best defenders this club has ever had. He will start at the next world cup mark my words. Truly a wonderful time to be a Coventry City fan. Tears of joy on my keyboard.
haha, you are good with irony hill83, as is Otis and a few others. For me there have been two players over the past decade who have come from nowhere to world class because of change of position. First was Roberto Carlos who started as a winger and was moved back because he was good at defending and long shots, wham! he became world class. Second, Bale who was average, and about to be sent out on loan when he played at left back at Spurs but because of injuries he was put up front and has now, well you know. Christie, is a local lad who is too good at this level, and that will be proved in time. Everyone says we miss Clarke to partner Wilson, but if you asked Wilson who has helped him, by supplying crosses he would say Christie. Christie, must choose his next club carefully. If ManU get Shaw I think Christie could do a job there. You may laugh but who is the current cover for Shaw? I believe it's Fox? Who comes from our club and I rate Cristie above Fox. Fan's consistancy is not a known trait but if Christie stayed he would be 'god's gift'. But we know that won't happen. I feel Christie should go with our blessing as he represents our City, which for me is even bigger than representing our club.

stupot07

haha, you are good with irony hill83, as is Otis and a few others. For me there have been two players over the past decade who have come from nowhere to world class because of change of position. First was Roberto Carlos who started as a winger and was moved back because he was good at defending and long shots, wham! he became world class. Second, Bale who was average, and about to be sent out on loan when he played at left back at Spurs but because of injuries he was put up front and has now, well you know. Christie, is a local lad who is too good at this level, and that will be proved in time. Everyone says we miss Clarke to partner Wilson, but if you asked Wilson who has helped him, by supplying crosses he would say Christie. Christie, must choose his next club carefully. If ManU get Shaw I think Christie could do a job there. You may laugh but who is the current cover for Shaw? I believe it's Fox? Who comes from our club and I rate Cristie above Fox. Fan's consistancy is not a known trait but if Christie stayed he would be 'god's gift'. But we know that won't happen. I feel Christie should go with our blessing as he represents our City, which for me is even bigger than representing our club.

Tottenham never sent Bale out on loan. He came through the youth system at Southampton and was tearing the championship apart at 17 years old, he's also already made his international debut at 17. Tottenham paid £10m for him in the end. Yes he developed massively in the last 2-3 seasons but he didn't real come from nowhere.

Roberto Carlos had already been called up to the Brazil national side at 19 years old.

Cyrus is already 22 and has neither teared up league one let alone the championship yet.

Has Cyrus really supplied wilson's crosses? Just 4 assists in 32 league one games? Compare that to bales first season aged 17 with Southampton in the championship - 39 apps, 5 goals and 8 assists. Blair Adams has 1 more assist than christie.

And if Man U get Shaw (left back), Christie can do a job there?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

wingy

Tottenham never sent Bale out on loan. He came through the youth system at Southampton and was tearing the championship apart at 17 years old, he's also already made his international debut at 17. Tottenham paid £10m for him in the end. Yes he developed massively in the last 2-3 seasons but he didn't real come from nowhere.

Roberto Carlos had already been called up to the Brazil national side at 19 years old.

Cyrus is already 22 and has neither teared up league one let alone the championship yet.

Has Cyrus really supplied wilson's crosses? Just 4 assists in 32 league one games? Compare that to bales first season aged 17 with Southampton in the championship - 39 apps, 5 goals and 8 assists. Blair Adams has 1 more assist than christie.

And if Man U get Shaw (left back), Christie can do a job there?????Where Is Danny Fox currently??

rupert_bear

Christie not good enough for the likes of Burnley ? Well I wager Cyrus will play more Premiership matches over the next 10 years than Coventry City do. He has the same agent as Aaron Ramsey and a few other top London based players, my hunch is he goes to Crystal Palace.

edgy

Christie not good enough for the likes of Burnley ? Well I wager Cyrus will play more Premiership matches over the next 10 years than Coventry City do. He has the same agent as Aaron Ramsey and a few other top London based players, my hunch is he goes to Crystal Palace.

£50

stupot07

No, he's not good enough for Burnley or the PL. By the way their right back was in the PFA championship team of the year last season and will probably be named in it again this season, Arsenal are looking at him. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nal-consider-kieran-trippier-transfer-3434322

wingy

No, he's not good enough for Burnley or the PL. By the way their right back was in the PFA championship team of the year last season and will probably be named in it again this season, Arsenal are looking at him. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nal-consider-kieran-trippier-transfer-3434322

Was he that one who Wussed out against Gael and got him sent off .....Trippier,maybe Arsene thinks he's French with that Surname.

Users who are viewing this thread