Cyrus Christie (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Was he that one who Wussed out against Gael and got him sent off .....Trippier,maybe Arsene thinks he's French with that Surname.

Yeah that was him, but to be fair it was a 2 footed challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tottenham never sent Bale out on loan. He came through the youth system at Southampton and was tearing the championship apart at 17 years old, he's also already made his international debut at 17. Tottenham paid £10m for him in the end. Yes he developed massively in the last 2-3 seasons but he didn't real come from nowhere.

Roberto Carlos had already been called up to the Brazil national side at 19 years old.

Cyrus is already 22 and has neither teared up league one let alone the championship yet.

Has Cyrus really supplied wilson's crosses? Just 4 assists in 32 league one games? Compare that to bales first season aged 17 with Southampton in the championship - 39 apps, 5 goals and 8 assists. Blair Adams has 1 more assist than christie.

And if Man U get Shaw (left back), Christie can do a job there?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Just ignore him, he's an idiot. Can't even get the positions right.

Christies been massively overrated by Cov fans for ages, I guarantee you in last August a large number of Cov fans would try to convince you that he is the best right back in the division.

RoboCCFC90

Are you talking about the same Cyrus Christie as me? He's crap going forward. He cannot cross a ball to save his life.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I am, admittedly Cyrus' deliveries from out wide aren't the polished article, but he is a great athlete and I think pushing him further on like Spurs did with Bale could help his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

haha, you are good with irony hill83, as is Otis and a few others. For me there have been two players over the past decade who have come from nowhere to world class because of change of position. First was Roberto Carlos who started as a winger and was moved back because he was good at defending and long shots, wham! he became world class. Second, Bale who was average, and about to be sent out on loan when he played at left back at Spurs but because of injuries he was put up front and has now, well you know. Christie, is a local lad who is too good at this level, and that will be proved in time. Everyone says we miss Clarke to partner Wilson, but if you asked Wilson who has helped him, by supplying crosses he would say Christie. Christie, must choose his next club carefully. If ManU get Shaw I think Christie could do a job there. You may laugh but who is the current cover for Shaw? I believe it's Fox? Who comes from our club and I rate Cristie above Fox. Fan's consistancy is not a known trait but if Christie stayed he would be 'god's gift'. But we know that won't happen. I feel Christie should go with our blessing as he represents our City, which for me is even bigger than representing our club.

At last I have found the man who texted that Andrew whing was going to play for England and be worth £5 million. Christie is a mediocre championship player at best. Bigiamara isn't even that.

I'm confused do you mean Danny Fox? Some Southampton fan rang 5live the other week and said they had won a game even playing Danny Fox - the worst defender he had ever seen play do his club.

Oh dear.

Grendel

Yes I am, admittedly Cyrus' deliveries from out wide aren't the polished article, but he is a great athlete and I think pushing him further on like Spurs did with Bale could help his game.

Wasn't chris Hussey the next Gareth Bale?

RoboCCFC90

Wasn't chris Hussey the next Gareth Bale?

Chris Hussey couldn't do anything of any note worthy mention.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Cyrus with the right club and coach can achieve a lot in the game, that was never true of
Chris Hussey.

Massive shame Coventry City in its present form is not the club for CC.

I still shudder about the 90th minute Hussey defending debacle away at Preston 2011. Also I thought that day Andy Thorn looked out of his depth. I don't want to sound like a "I told you do so" but ........

SkyBlueRuffian

Watford, Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Sunderland are also interested, a. London move is more favourable by all accounts.

PVA

Christie has zero technique. He is an athlete and at League one level athletes can be very effective.

He will be taken apart defensively in the championship and as for the premier league... No chance.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can't see Christie going to a Prem club. To be fair to him...he was good last season under Robins however this year he's gone to shit.

Users who are viewing this thread