Cyrille or Dion?

• Cyrille

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Dion

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rob9872

Two of the finest players ever to wear the shirt since I've been watching the City play.

Dion the better goalscorer, but Cyrille had so much in terms of being able to hold the ball up and make it stick up top.

You can only selcet one for your team.

To take all of the emotion out of it and to make your decision based on footballing reasons only, the following assumptions have been made:

Neither has done anything silly like refused to play, or signed for the Villa. They are both at the peak in terms of performance and fitness and are both paid exactly the same. The other ten players in the team around them remain constant and if we could select an ideal foil for either of them, we will assume they are both playing up front with the Robbie Keane that we had here.

Who do you want Cyrille or Dion?

Lord_Nampil

Only saw 5 games with big Cyrille and alot more with Dublin!!! As a result have to say Dion!! Though Cyrille was a class player for the city!!!

dongonzalos

If you were born before 1980. There is no decision to make. However you will get a lot of Dublin votes from people who have not seen cyrille

Grendel

Dublin was clearly the more effective player. In fact Regis came in 2 halves and in the Bobby Gould era he was one of the poorest strikers we had - 23 games without a goal at one stage I believe.

Marty

Never saw Cyrille play (apart from on highlight reels), Dion was the star man of the team when 'I was growing up, gave his all each week. It all started to go downhill when Dion left. Just imagine if Dion & Keane got the chance to play up front together.

If you were born before 1980. There is no decision to make. However you will get a lot of Dublin votes from people who have not seen cyrille

Yeah, this is my dilemma. Born in '81, so would be basing my opinion on Big Cyrille on rewatching the FA Cup Final and knowing his reputation, as opposed to having a season ticket throughout Dublin's City career.

Grendel

Yeah, this is my dilemma. Born in '81, so would be basing my opinion on Big Cyrille on rewatching the FA Cup Final and knowing his reputation, as opposed to having a season ticket throughout Dublin's City career.

I like Regis but you have to view it as his whole career and in his first 2 seasons he was a disaster.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
On purely football reasons based on performance at CCFC I would have to go for Dublin, one of the best forwards we have had especially in the air and almost as good in defence

from the heart though it would be Regis ...... not many better sights in football than of the tank that he was bearing down at speed on goal

Astute

Has to be Dublin for me. Was lucky to have watched both. The only position you didn't see him play was as GK. How many players can you say was as good in defence as up front? Wasn't just good in both positions though.

If you would have put Regis against most other players he would come out top though.

lesturd

In your opinion.

I was born in 1972 and have been a season ticket holder since 1980. Dion was far more consistent and could play equally well as a forward or defender. Regis had one good consistent season when we won the Cup but at times often looked like he couldn't hit a barn door (check the goal ratios).

You're right though, there is no decision to make...it's Dion everytime.

blitzer109

Cyrille is one of my all time favourite city players but Dion is a goal machine and if one of them has to play with Robbie Keane then it would have to be Dion for me as Robbie does not score the volume of goals he should so you would need Dion's goals to bolster the tally.

worc0257

Born in 1976. Saw a lot of both. Regis was a wonderfully whole-hearted player, and no goal, even Houchen's, has made me happier than Cyrille's last minute one at home to Tottenham. But he really wasn't much of a centre-forward IMHO.

In my thirty years of watching the Sky Blues, we've had two reliable goalscorers (Terry Gibson and Dublin) and two who probably would have been if they'd stayed longer (Keane and King). And that is the ultimate explanation of why we're the only team in English senior football who haven't finished in the top six of any league for however long it's been.

dongonzalos

On purely football reasons based on performance at CCFC I would have to go for Dublin, one of the best forwards we have had especially in the air and almost as good in defence

from the heart though it would be Regis ...... not many better sights in football than of the tank that he was bearing down at speed on goal

Maybe it is nostalgia. Dion was awesome but there is something special about cyrille. Even if a match was dull and poor. One moment of class would cheer you up.

skybluelee

In fairnness, although I voted for Dion, the poll will be bias because anybody born post, say, 1983, would have to vote Dion as they won't have been old enough to see Cyrille play.

Both heroes of mine, but Dion is the most influential player for us that I have ever had the privilege of watching.

Otis

In your opinion.

I was born in 1972 and have been a season ticket holder since 1980. Dion was far more consistent and could play equally well as a forward or defender. Regis had one good consistent season when we won the Cup but at times often looked like he couldn't hit a barn door (check the goal ratios).

You're right though, there is no decision to make...it's Dion everytime.

Completely agree. Cyrille had one good season, but that is all clouded over as he helped us win the cup. Dion wins hands down. At times with Dion we were a one man club so influential he was.

Dion hardly ever had a bad game for us.

Regis was brilliant for West Brom and overall, just okay for us. Not half the player we were all hoping he would be ..... and I say this with a heavy heart because Cyrille is one of my favourite all time City players, but Dion was the much, much better performer for us.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Would also have to be Dion for me, i guess it's just an era thing i grew up watching Dublin scoring goals so i would be inclinded to say him. I guess the opinions of only the people who have seen them both play are valid on posts like this. :)

torchomatic

Cyrille. The only player who had the choice to either kick, head or chest a penalty.

torchomatic

rob9872

Cyrille FA cup winners medal
Dion

Sedgely FA cup winners medal
Dion

Not an argument I adhere to that one, although neither is the goal ratio when both were about so much more than just goals.

Incidentally I went for Dion too, but can understand the points regarding bias with some of the younger posters. For me it was a fairly close call as loved them both and thus the reason I specifically chose those two after a comment from Smiley earlier.

rswxite

Born in 75, so saw both play regularly! For me Dion gets it on his versatility and his goal scoring record!! Cyrille's a legend too though!!

Real

If given the choice between both players I'd have to opt for Dublin. Regis was awesome at his best, but consistency was lacking, whereas Dublin was more consistent and had a better goals to game ratio, plus he was pretty useful at centre-half too.

Sky Blues

Can't argue with that. OSB, knows his football and his finances! :)

Hobo

Both players had different styles and different strengths. Most people would take either in their side.

I think Dublin was as better goal scorer but Cyril was better playing with his back to goal, holding the ball up to play someone in.

Adge

Dion for me just but a hard decision as seen both of them play for us. Dublin was consistently good and virtually kept us up on his own but Cyrille was a man mountain of power/strength/physique. Erm,mmm, ah balls, call it a draw!

Users who are viewing this thread