Cyrille or Dion?

• Cyrille

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Dion

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johhny Blue

Dublin was clearly the more effective player. In fact Regis came in 2 halves and in the Bobby Gould era he was one of the poorest strikers we had - 23 games without a goal at one stage I believe.
So there is hope for Biamou

Snouty72

Just watched a clip of the game at Sheff Wed, 6th round of the FA Cup. Cyrille scoring the first goal, pace, power, composure, total joy from him when he scored, and the 15,000 City fans in the Leppings Lane end, a great day and memory. I’ve been extremely fortunate to see 2 iconic centre forwards in Cyrille and Dion in my time supporting City.
It was probably this goal that got me into truly supporting the sky blues. Dad was a big cov fan so took me up to this game. I remember when Cyril scored the surge of the crowd, the noise and the shear delight of the fans around me. Never looked back. RIP big man

Cov kid 55

What a great first game to see - no wonder you were hooked! Football is sanitised now, 15,000 standing fans, the surges, the emotion, and ee’re In the semi final of the FA Cup. Of course, we have to remember what happened at Hillsborough two short years later, and I guess those kind of days had had their time.

Funnily enough, my first ever game hooked me, it was the 5th round of the FA Cup against Sunderland in 1963, we won against a higher league team 2-1, under floodlights. Goal scorers another legend, George Curtis, and a fine full back, Dietmar Bruck The gate was officially 40,000, but a gate was broken down and many people think it was 50,000 plus. Happy days!

hopesprings

What a great first game to see - no wonder you were hooked! Football is sanitised now, 15,000 standing fans, the surges, the emotion, and ee’re In the semi final of the FA Cup. Of course, we have to remember what happened at Hillsborough two short years later, and I guess those kind of days had had their time.

Funnily enough, my first ever game hooked me, it was the 5th round of the FA Cup against Sunderland in 1963, we won against a higher league team 2-1, under floodlights. Goal scorers another legend, George Curtis, and a fine full back, Dietmar Bruck The gate was officially 40,000, but a gate was broken down and many people think it was 50,000 plus. Happy days!
What a great night that was I think probably the best atmosphere I ever experienced at HR. There is something about night games..even the Wolves game didn't quite match it...

Grendel

These are the only two posts you have posted on the death of Cyrille Regis.

THAT'S NOT A TRIBUTE.

That's you being SARCASTIC as per usual .

I now await for your next insult !

One of those posts was made 5 years ago you wierdo.

Esoterica

Ha ha, true to form with your insults.

You can't leave a tribute to Cyrille Regis but you post a tribute to Bobby Sands on every one of your posts.

So your an IRA sympathiser then Grendel ?

Posting those remarks on the conflict in Northern Ireland is an insult to ALL the innocent WOMEN AND CHILDREN (ON BOTH SIDES )OF THE CONFLICT WHO HAVE LOTS THEIR LIVES,

This is a FOOTBALL FORUM, KEEP YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOURSELF !
Get the fuck off the Cyrille threads will you. Chase Grendel around in a PM if you want to know his thoughts so badly - no-one is obliged to share their feelings on the matter and all you are doing is taking them off track.

clint van damme

As an effective player Dion.
To watch, Cyrille, hands down. To watch a man of with that physique combine power and subtlety is a thing of beauty.

Nick

Administrator
I'm on the Cyrille thread asking about his thoughts on Cyrille, but he doesn't , I wonder WHY THAT IS !!!

But he LIKES TO GIVE HIS VIEWS ON ( BOBBY SANDS ) EVERY TIME HE MAKES A POST !!!
What point are you trying to make? Send him a pm if you want to know his own thoughts.

Nick

Administrator
I've already made my point on post #80

POLITICS AND RELIGION HAVE NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL AND ON THIS FORUM !!!

So you are going to try and ruin both threads about Regis about it rather than just sending him a PM like has been suggested multiple times? Make a new thread in Off Topic if you want, but keep it out of these threads.

It is you trying to strangely whip something up, there's no need on threads like this and the other one.

clint van damme

I've already made my point on post #80

POLITICS AND RELIGION HAVE NO PLACE IN FOOTBALL AND ON THIS FORUM !!!

that's why we have the off topic section.

And to say politics has no place in football is ridiculous. If you think what happened at Hillsborough wasn't political you're mad.

Johnnythespider

Dion was a more consistent player and versatile also, but I like players who can get me out of my seat when they get the ball, therefore I pick Cyrille.

Nick

Administrator
So it's OK to make a political point , which some people might find offensive on EVERY post ,
Including the CYRILLE REGIS THREADS ?

LIKE I SAID, KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF FOOTBALL AND THIS FORUM !!!

It's a signature, it's not being manually typed and posted.

You are the one trying to disrupt the Cyrille Regis threads, nobody else. If you have an issue, PM him or put something in Off Topic if you really have to rather than quote posts from years ago as if they are relevant.

Esoterica

So it's OK to make a political point , which some people might find offensive on EVERY post ,
Including the CYRILLE REGIS THREADS ?

LIKE I SAID, KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF FOOTBALL AND THIS FORUM !!!
That wasn't your original point anyway, your point was that he hasn't posted on the Cyrille threads. And having been upset about that, you're now upset that someone that hadn't posted on the Cyrille thread has replied to you on the Cyrille thread but you're now more upset than before because apparently he has a political signature. And you think all that was worth taking a couple of very decent threads off topic with. Go you.

Nick

Administrator
Ok I can see witch side your on !

1. You say it's a signature, so WHO types it and then post it on the CYRILLE REGIS THREADS and every other thread ?

2. There not all posts from years ago, Grendel has himself said so !

3. PM him yeah right, we get enough abuse as it is thanks !

4. I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to disrupt this thread, I'm not, just trying to know what Grendel really thinks !

5. So if I've upset anyone then I apologise , THIS IS THE LAST POST I WILL POST ON THIS THREAD .

As I said, if you want to know what he thinks then PM him.

It's not about sides, on memorial type threads you are the one trying your best to cause trouble. Multiple people have pointed it out to you.

I'd much rather Grendel or anybody else did just stay quiet on these typeof threads than this sort of pointless nonsense that really has no point. I'm sure most would agree.

There's no need, if you want to know what he thinks then PM him rather than try your best to get a reaction.

lifeskyblue

Cyrille for me: pace, power, explosive raw energy. We didn’t get the best out of him but he is still a legend. He helped the club achieve its finest hour.
Dion superb all rounder upfront or at the back. More subtle in his play but quietly effective. The team evolved around him and I think we got the best from him.
Both players were great roll models for young kids watching and tremendous mentors for those breaking into the team.
We were blessed to have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calista

This thread shouldn’t be active, trying to compare the merits of a recently-deceased hero with another hero who idolised him, and even getting into unrelated arguments.

At this time, you could line up the best 50 players who ever lived, and I’d still choose Cyrille above the lot of them. And I’m going to feel like that for a long while yet.

ajsccfc

Can't whatever this terrible feud is take place somewhere that I'm not likely to read please?

skybluesam66

Ok I can see witch side your on !

1. You say it's a signature, so WHO types it and then post it on the CYRILLE REGIS THREADS and every other thread ?

2. There not all posts from years ago, Grendel has himself said so !

3. PM him yeah right, we get enough abuse as it is thanks !

4. I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to disrupt this thread, I'm not, just trying to know what Grendel really thinks !

5. So if I've upset anyone then I apologise , THIS IS THE LAST POST I WILL POST ON THIS THREAD .
So Nick, you said to me earlier today in a previous post " I didn't say, I don't think you are related to him " ( SkyBlueKid )
Well this Post #96 says you did " Can't see anything that matches, might be a long lost relative "
Posts #94 hill83 and #96Nick are both referring to me.

Hope you all had good laugh.

So Nick , are you losing your memory or are you a lying bastard.

So maybe time to look in the mirror :)

hill83

So Nick, you said to me earlier today in a previous post " I didn't say, I don't think you are related to him " ( SkyBlueKid )
Well this Post #96 says you did " Can't see anything that matches, might be a long lost relative "

Skybluekid confirmed.

Esoterica

Skybluekid confirmed.
Over use of capitals and highlighting - check
Never quite grasping the point - check
Inability to let anything go - check
Quoting post numbers - check
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator

Can you not read? It's embarrassing

You have contradicted yourself

Grendel

Can you not read? It's embarrassing
If a picture of a bloke moving some goalposts randomly appears its a slam dunk

Users who are viewing this thread