Administrator
Robins says Gus misled him and said he was fit

Esoterica

Hyam wasn't injured. Dabo at cb was choice

giphy.gif

fatso

Hyam wasn't injured. Dabo at cb was choice
This makes zero sence!
MR needs to have a good long look in the mirror tonight!
If Dabo and O'hare start the next game there's something seriously wrong behind the scenes!

Cov kid 55

The back 5 at the moment should pick themselves : Maatsen, Hyam, McFadz, Rose, Kane. Dabo on the bench. We were unbalanced today due to the set up. Many managers seem to be very stubborn, I just hope Robins and Viveash have a good look at it and at least play players in their right positions.

Frostie

The first goal illustrates Dabo is not a centre back and will never be a centre back. Please take note MR.

Yeah, utterly baffling.
I know Hyam has his faults but on the other occasions Dabo has played CB he looked miles out of his depth, not just Bournemouth last week but even the Forest & Reading games early in the season when we massively improved when he moved to WB & the equally poor Dacosta got hooked. He is caught out positionally constantly, misjudges high balls & really struggles to stay in line with his other 2 CBs - You could see Fadz constantly having to instruct him.
This is not his fault at all, to be expected when playing out of position, but just makes the managerial decision bewildering.

SkyblueTexan

Ffs we are 6 th. We aren’t going to win every week.
We 19th in the form table which matters more at this point in tine. At this rate we won't be 6th for very long.

Btw we were 3rd at one point. Just saying

higgs

Crazy decision to break up the back 3 by playing a player out of position if we didn't need to in terms of injuries

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frostie

We 19th in the form table which matters more at this point in tine. At this rate we won't be 6th for very long.

Btw we were 3rd at one point. Just saying

Not really, every team has good spells & bad, that's what makes it one of the most competitive & exciting leagues in the world.
It changes so so quickly.

Assuming you're looking at 6 game form table?
Bournemouth are 18th in that yet 3rd in the 10 game form table.
Conversely, directly below us in the actual league table are Stoke, they're 7th in the 6 game form table but 19th over the last 10 etc.

SkyblueTexan

Not really, every team has good spells & bad, that's what makes it one of the most competitive & exciting leagues in the world.

Conversely, directly below us in the actual league table are Stoke, they're 7th in the 6 game form table but 19th over the last 10 etc.

Pleade see the link below - we are 18th in the 10 game form table.

Legia Sky Blue

Much has been made this week that Sillett's success with us started from the position of putting 'round pegs in round holes', so its a shame MR didn't follow suit yesterday with Dabo playing centre back. It looks like it was a case of him trying to shoehorn both Dabo and Kane into the team. Even when he changed it at half time it was Maatsen he removed so I wouldn't be surprised if next week if it is Maatsen he leaves out, and retains Dabo at LWB.

Frostie

Pleade see the link below - we are 18th in the 10 game form table.

Ok?
I never debated where we were in the form tables, nor am I surprised by it given our run of games. My point was that other teams go through the same thing, often despite playing easier games.

It's a lot like all the "sleepwalking to relegation" posts last season, everyone only looking at ourselves & believing the rest of the teams around us somehow win every single game.

eastwoodsdustman

Much has been made this week that Sillett's success with us started from the position of putting 'round pegs in round holes', so its a shame MR didn't follow suit yesterday with Dabo playing centre back. It looks like it was a case of him trying to shoehorn both Dabo and Kane into the team. Even when he changed it at half time it was Maatsen he removed so I wouldn't be surprised if next week if it is Maatsen he leaves out, and retains Dabo at LWB.
Maatsen was given a rough time yet again yesterday, dabo however played the winger well when he went across and it resulted in the winger being substituted.

Reactions: TTG

Gint11

Dabo at CB didn’t work. The problem we had first half was giving the ball away in the defensive 3rd all half!

We invited them to go 0-2 up!
I understand we need to stick to our principles and at times, we play some lovely stuff but we play out of the back, lose it and then we wonder how we’re 0-2 down.

Balance was wrong yesterday, played 10 yards too deep and tactically not cute enough. We move on, hopefully lessons learnt.

Covkid1968#

Robbins has used him there before and it didn’t work. Trying the same and and expecting a different outcome is as they say madness. We have a great platform for a top 6 finish… I expect MR to have a plan

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Robbins has used him there before and it didn’t work. Trying the same and and expecting a different outcome is as they say madness. We have a great platform for a top 6 finish… I expect MR to have a plan
It didn’t work in the first game, Dabo isn’t a centre half, and Robins has accidentally signed a better player in Kane. He’s now trying to shoehorn Dabo in anywhere he can.

I love Dabo, but he’s not a CB

Users who are viewing this thread