Cwr (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I’d be worried if I was a first team CB that’s fit to play when our RWB/RB gets moved into my position ahead of me. Not a good sign from MR is it?
Unless you understand the rationale. They had a physical striker and robins thought Dabo would handle that better than Hyam. Reasonable opinion. Was it correct? Not sure it was given the first goal. Apart from that I didn’t think he was any worse than the rest of our team against the press. Wasn’t helped that it was clear after about 10 mins that Hamer couldn’t run or pass and didn’t want to run too fast. So against a high press and not using our best midfielder our centre backs struggled with our passing game well no shit Sherlock

TomRad85

Cause it’s been decided Dabo is now rubbish so he can only do bad things not good thing nw
Untrue. He's a good player but he is in rotten form and he certainly shouldn't be at centre back. Is there a small group of favourites who nobody can mention when they are playing poorly? If Sheaf, Walker, Kane etc had been playing at the levels Dabo is playing at for weeks on end they would be absolutely torn to pieces by the social media vultures.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If you play with a four, doesn't that then have a knock on effect on the rest of the side, though, so everybody bar the two CBs are out of position? And they'll be a pair rather than a three, so playing an unfamiliar role too, really.

How many others would be out of position?

Issue would be that without another left-sided player we'd have to be quite narrow. But if we played Kelly he plays quite deep anyway and would allow the full backs to get forward a bit anyway.

Moore
Kane Fadz Rose Maatsen
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
O'Hare
Gyok Godden
Dabo could fill in either full back role. you could play one striker and either Allen or Jones as an extra AM. Don't really see anyone out of position there.

I would've thought all the defenders will have been played in a back four at some point. When we switch to the box do we say the striker is playing an unfamiliar role because they're playing without a strike partner, or O'Hare because he's now got someone playing next to him?

Sky Blue Pete

Untrue. He's a good player but he is in rotten form and he certainly shouldn't be at centre back. Is there a small group of favourites who nobody can mention when they are playing poorly? If Sheaf, Walker, Kane etc had been playing at the levels Dabo is playing at for weeks on end they would be absolutely torn to pieces by the social media vultures.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
In a sense yes and in a sense no. We all need to be more balanced about the strengths and otherwise of our players to manage our expectations

We’re 19th in the form table for the last 10 games so that does require some changes from the manager to try and arrest the dip in the combined form. It’s not just Dabo it’s Hyam and Maatsen and Dabo and Ohare and Gyokeres and Hamer

Biggest two being Ohare and Gyokeres as at their best they are as good as most others in the league we’re in

Sky Blue Pete

How many others would be out of position?

Issue would be that without another left-sided player we'd have to be quite narrow. But if we played Kelly he plays quite deep anyway and would allow the full backs to get forward a bit anyway.

Moore
Kane Fadz Rose Maatsen
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
O'Hare
Gyok Godden
Dabo could fill in either full back role. you could play one striker and either Allen or Jones as an extra AM. Don't really see anyone out of position there.

I would've thought all the defenders will have been played in a back four at some point. When we switch to the box do we say the striker is playing an unfamiliar role because they're playing without a strike partner, or O'Hare because he's now got someone playing next to him?
Playing a 4 would limit even more our ability to get forward and score but robins and adi do need to find some answers

covcity4life

I've said on a couple of occasions what I think is different about Dabo to Kane and why I think Robins prefers him.

He hugs that touchline and is constantly our out ball. Kane doesn't give us that.
As I've said before, personally I wouldn't have a problem with Kane coming in for him but I don't think Robins will do it.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if we started on Saturday with the defence that finished yesterday.
This will be downgraded to one twos lol

covcity4life

Speaking of robins after all he's done for us can we maybe not assume he put dabo at cb cos he loves him and refuses to drop him? He's not a dumbass

He wanted the alaba dimarco element of a full back as wide CB probably and gave it a go. It didn't work and I hope he changes back

But I am sure it was a tactical decision or imposed by injury. He's not dumb enuff to just play him because he refuses to drop him no matter what.

Show Robins some respect

clint van damme

Speaking of robins after all he's done for us can we maybe not assume he put dabo at cb cos he loves him and refuses to drop him? He's not a dumbass

He wanted the alaba dimarco element of a full back as wide CB probably and gave it a go. It didn't work and I hope he changes back

But I am sure it was a tactical decision or imposed by injury. He's not dumb enuff to just play him because he refuses to drop him no matter what.

Show Robins some respect

Whatever his reasons it was a mistake.
However, I think, despite what people say about Dabo at centre back, that we haven't lost when he's played there this season.

But against a good Albion side it just didn't work. I as really disappointed because I was convinced we'd win!

SkyblueTexan

Now that we've dropped out of the playoff mix, I hope that those who've been saying it's okay "We're still 4th, 5th or 6th" realize how quickly things can change. Mainly I hope this serves as a wake-up call for the team. We need Jan reinforcements asap and the team to rediscover its form. Still plenty of time to get back in the playoff mix, but let us please play to our strengths (no Dabo at CB, no favorites, injured players not to be played and everyone fighting for their shirt and being supportive of the team towards a common goal).

clint van damme

Now that we've dropped out of the playoff mix, I hope that those who've been saying it's okay "We're still 4th, 5th or 6th" realize how quickly things can change. Mainly I hope this serves as a wake-up call for the team. We need Jan reinforcements asap and the team to rediscover its form. Still plenty of time to get back in the playoff mix, but let us please play to our strengths (no Dabo at CB, no favorites, injured players not to be played and everyone fighting for their shirt and being supportive of the team towards a common goal).

We've dropped out of the play offs, we haven't dropped out of the play off mix.

We're one of several teams very much in it though clearly we need to sort our form out if we're to stay there.

Grendel

Cause it’s been decided Dabo is now rubbish so he can only do bad things not good thing nw

giphy.gif

Grendel

I’m sure he is but he’s as stubborn as you. The difference being he is a professional football club manager who’s not done bad and you’re not

So was Russell Slade

covcity4life

We're out of the playoff mix lol

Top half end of season I'd be happy but obv we dream about playoffs and points wise if we do miss out I hope it's not by a lot as it would show we were consistently a much much better team than what was predicted by majority at start of season.

Footballs an emotional game. We win our next one and people will be manic again.

Sky Blue Pete

Think probably progress was the aim this season

blunted

If anyone here can really provide a reasoned argument for Dabo over Hyam at CB I’d genuinely like to hear it.
Can only speculate. Cannot see any logical arguement for Dabo at CB over Hyam other than Hyam was not fully recovered from the virus that a lot of the team had, or he is nursing an injury. Previously, Dabo has only played CB when we had no other options and clearly was not comfortable in that position. Until recently, Hyam has been an ever present and has only missed 2 games recently. Do not think Hyam has played badly and would warrant dropping, so I feel there is another explanation. Don't think it is some form of misguided favouritism. You do not give the opposition the edge by saying one of your first choice centre backs is not fully fit.

Legia Sky Blue

The only logical reason I can see why MR chose Dabo over Hyam at CB was that given West Brom play such a high press that he thought Dabo would be the more able at playing out from the back and retaining possession. Unfortunately the team as a whole struggled with that aspect of the game, particularly in the first half anyway, so that such reasoning didn't come into effect.

blunted

Love Dabo, love Kane, love O'Hare, love Sheaf. Bro love for the team. Light years ahead of the crap we have watched before MR and AV ( the Terminator) came. Dabo was culpable for the first goal, but Sheaf should have done better in midfield and O'Hare was caught out on the throw for the second "handball goal". Kane should probably have done better with the shot where he volleyed it wide. Small margins. It's a cliche that decisions even out over the season, but we seem to be on the end of a few poor ones from the refs recently and how O'Hare is so consistently fouled and the refs ignore it is beyond wierd.

SkyblueTexan

Think probably progress was the aim this season
I agree, but once you make the start we have and realize that outside of a few teams, we are on par or better than the rest of the teams, we really need to make the most of this opportunity (as we don't know when we will be in this position again - see Barnsley, Derby, Forest etc.).

ccfctommy

I think he is and I stand by it. The balls he plays are brilliant. We are by far a weaker team without him. He will sadly leave sooner rather than later and it will be to the Premier League. Please name a better footballer post PL relegation.

clint van damme

I think he is and I stand by it. The balls he plays are brilliant. We are by far a weaker team without him. He will sadly leave sooner rather than later and it will be to the Premier League. Please name a better footballer post PL relegation.

Dennis Wise.

stupot07

Dennis wise and David Thompson, and there a load of others too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Greggs

Matty James

Users who are viewing this thread