CWR (8 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Serious question, what do you think needs to happen to facilitate a return to Coventry, given the current circumstances?
A change in owner ether at Wasps or Coventry.
The owners hate each other that much dont believe ether would back down even getting what they wanted.

chiefdave

And then if somebody was really interested, the premier league Pot of gold would be only 1 promotion away
That would mean we were in the same position as when KMPG were trying to find buyers. Once people found out stadium ownership wasn't an option the only people who were interested were SISU. What makes you think there would be better options this time round given the stadium situation is now worse?

Tommo1993

If EC find no fault with the sale, what’s the next move? Gamble on Wasps downfall? SISU grovel? Or a miraculous, lucrative reconciliation between us and them?

Flying Fokker

No one really understands sisus end game though do they?

if they really believe they can win in court and also bring down Wasps they won’t sell will they?

I suspect gene backers on the other side of this argument are starting to panic. Promotion to a league with much greater media exposure will mean more scrutiny and negative publicity for wasps and the council and the probability of bigger crowds even away from Coventry than the Ricoh tenant

they know it’s going to allow Sisu to call more shots for a couple of years - it’s going to get worse on the PR side if the winning carries on
Surely the crowds in Birmingham won’t be Mutch better maybe 8k. the Ricoh will double that and more for some games

letsallsingtogether

Yeah that could work too!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Really?
Where would you park?
Have you ever gone past there when they are playing all the grass verges parked on etc with crowds of what 1500..

Flying Fokker

Well it is and there is nothing anyone but wasps can do about it - last time it was always possible for the club to return at any time so of course that’s a huge difference

Unless wasps change their stance then we may not return for 6 years
Is SISU trying to distress Wasps. What is the difference between paying Brum and paying Wasps. If that can change then we should have no choice but to come back....unless SISU want to continue to shit on the fanbase...I know....some say the real fans are in Birmingham. But There are some who will not go until SISU go.

Nick

Administrator
Is SISU trying to distress Wasps. What is the difference between paying Brum and paying Wasps. If that can change then we should have no choice but to come back....unless SISU want to continue to shit on the fanbase...I know....some say the real fans are in Birmingham. But There are some who will not go until SISU go.
Do you realise what has actually gone on?

shepardo01

A change in owner ether at Wasps or Coventry.
The owners hate each other that much dont believe ether would back down even getting what they wanted.
Don't necessarily think the owners hate each other. The Council hate SISU.
The coucil are pulling Wasps strings in the background,
- Wasps, "drop legals against us and we'll deal"
- SISU "legals dropped against you, there you go - signed to say so. (we're going after the council though)

Wasps - "No deal, didnt drop legals" (although not legals...complaint against CCC)
There's that, and Duggins getting involved from the outset in the media when the deal was up for re-newal.
WHY, should ANYBODY from CCC be getting involved in a deal between Wasps and CCFC??? - as I've said before, Council hiding behind Wasps......
-Wasps " ok, if you want to stay, sign up to an indemnity to pay out (10s of millions possibly) if CCC have done us (wasps) a dodgy deal"

SISU aren't going anywhere just yet.
If Wasps get a new owner (? - not even sure how that would happen - hedge fund owned too) the Council would still be in the background.

Nick

Administrator
What a shit comment Nick, Read through again.

It’s about bridging the gap not walking in the opposite direction. Are you implying that it’s beyond that. I’d be happier if the club owners fuck off but until then I’d look for the slightest chance of being back at the Ricoh.

It's not a shit comment, I asked if you know what's gone on...

pastythegreat

I could park there too but what about all the other supporters.
Well I suppose, alternatively we could return to the ricoh under w**ps terms and in a couple of years have no club to support and then we dont have to worry about where fans will park! Does that seem a better prospect to you?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

shepardo01

- SISU "legals dropped against you, there you go - signed to say so. (we're going after the council though)

Wasps - "No deal, didnt drop legals" (although not legals...complaint against CCC)
There's that, and Duggins getting involved from the outset in the media when the deal was up for re-newal.
WHY, should ANYBODY from CCC be getting involved in a deal between Wasps and CCFC??? - as I've said before, Council hiding behind Wasps......
-Wasps " ok, if you want to stay, sign up to an indemnity to pay out (10s of millions possibly) if CCC have done us (wasps) a dodgy deal"

SISU aren't going anywhere just yet.
If Wasps get a new owner (? - not even sure how that would happen - hedge fund owned too) the Council would still be in the background.
Outwardly, the only way back realistically is for Wasps to drop the demand to indemnify them if the council are found to be in the wrong.
We all know (even Duggins, Eastwood, CWR, the Trust, Wapsograph and Gilbert- despite what tripe they spin) that the EU COMPLAINT against CCC (Not Wasps!!!) cannot be withdrawn!!

letsallsingtogether

Not what I was told by a bloke I was speaking to on New years eve.
Btw never knew him just got talking said he has had dealings with both and both detest each other did say that wasps owner hated Joy with a passion and she was a women scorned.
Said both club Directors got on really well but had their hands tied.

mr_monkey

The difference is that Brum aren't asking the club (not sisu, the actual football club) to foot any potential bill if it is found that something illegal went on with the sale of a ground.

Sisu aren't saints by any means but fuck me why can't people understand that if we agreed to the indemnity clause that wasps added at the last minute and the EU ruling went against the council, the football club would go bankrupt and out of existence due to the money that would have to be paid our due to the indemnity clause

Flying Fokker

And that is clearly the bit all parties
The difference is that Brum aren't asking the club (not sisu, the actual football club) to foot any potential bill if it is found that something illegal went on with the sale of a ground.

Sisu aren't saints by any means but fuck me why can't people understand that if we agreed to the indemnity clause that wasps added at the last minute and the EU ruling went against the council, the football club would go bankrupt and out of existence due to the money that would have to be paid our due to the indemnity clause

Yes. I’m actually pissed off with the whole thing. I get all the indemnity issue and that SISU are doing the business thing. SISU does not shy away from tough business decisions. It is a brave step to move the club out of the city again. All of the court stuff will play out and one day the club will be back where it belongs. I hope the fans will come back in strength. The managers and players are doing their boy on the pitch. One of SISUs problems is that they keep doing the unthinkable by taking the club out of the city.

The court case will dictate their next move.

sell up or run the club to the ground?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Long term we want SISU to fuck off. But in that time the short term is return to Coventry.

But that doesn’t mean return to any terms. Apparently club pays more rent but receives a more favourable revenue source at St. Andrews.

what’s to stop Wasps offering the same deal without the indemnity clause? Surely that’s fair all around - albeit not amazing for the club

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And that is clearly the bit all parties

Yes. I’m actually pissed off with the whole thing. I get all the indemnity issue and that SISU are doing the business thing. SISU does not shy away from tough business decisions. It is a brave step to move the club out of the city again. All of the court stuff will play out and one day the club will be back where it belongs. I hope the fans will come back in strength. The managers and players are doing their boy on the pitch. One of SISUs problems is that they keep doing the unthinkable by taking the club out of the city.

The court case will dictate their next move.

sell up or run the club to the ground?
They haven’t moved out of the city....

What other option did they have other than agreeing to the indemnity clause?

Users who are viewing this thread