CWR (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

No one will. The real fly in the ointment here is the real possibility of promotion
Sisu may also think about cashing in if that were the case
£9m was for a league 2 club
Would there be somebody willing to pay £25m for a championship club, even without a ground?

Fisher used to talk about not selling at the bottom of the cycle
Without serious investment, promotion may well be the top of the cycle

jordan210

If Duggins is chatting about the Ricoh something is going on. He only ever starts to talk to the press to deflect from something.

Grendel

Sisu may also think about cashing in if that were the case
£9m was for a league 2 club
Would there be somebody willing to pay £25m for a championship club, even without a ground?

Fisher used to talk about not selling at the bottom of the cycle
Without serious investment, promotion may well be the top of the cycle

We have no ground. Who with any real clout would want to be tenants in a stadium with Wasps? It still in the end is worthless in real terms

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We have no ground. Who with any real clout would want to be tenants in a stadium with Wasps? It still in the end is worthless in real terms
I’d imagine the thought behind the Trusts takeover attempts is that they’d instantly have a better relationship to start with wasps and agree to more favourable terms

after all all of this is a major attempt by the council, trust and wasps at a hostile takeover

skybluesam66

Championship players have a big premium
Wasps would do a deal with anybody but Sisu
And then if somebody was really interested, the premier league Pot of gold would be only 1 promotion away

Nick

Administrator
And then if somebody was really interested, the premier league Pot of gold would be only 1 promotion away
What makes you think they would do a deal?

Would the buyer want to do a deal that limited us?

Hobo

They love trying to stir up Ricoh stuff, wish Clive would fuck off.

Random callers with no idea about anything.

Great win and it's hardly been discussed.

I tbought they tried to play the chances down - saying its not our choice Wasps would have to agree a deal?

Grendel

No one really understands sisus end game though do they?

if they really believe they can win in court and also bring down Wasps they won’t sell will they?

I suspect gene backers on the other side of this argument are starting to panic. Promotion to a league with much greater media exposure will mean more scrutiny and negative publicity for wasps and the council and the probability of bigger crowds even away from Coventry than the Ricoh tenant

they know it’s going to allow Sisu to call more shots for a couple of years - it’s going to get worse on the PR side if the winning carries on

skybluesam66

No one really understands sisus end game though do they?

if they really believe they can win in court and also bring down Wasps they won’t sell will they?

I suspect gene backers on the other side of this argument are starting to panic. Promotion to a league with much greater media exposure will mean more scrutiny and negative publicity for wasps and the council and the probability of bigger crowds even away from Coventry than the Ricoh tenant

they know it’s going to allow Sisu to call more shots for a couple of years - it’s going to get worse on the PR side if the winning carries on
Fair point - City of culture and all that aswell!

Reactions: TTG

The coventrian

The point is, why's it being dragged up?
They'll be certain people who will be shit scared of us getting promotion. As grendel says itll strengthen Sisu's position as they'll be able to keep the club out of the city for another couple of years.
It's pretty obvious certain people are deparate for the club to be back at the ricoh under any circumstances.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They'll be certain people who will be shit scared of us getting promotion. As grendel says itll strengthen Sisu's position as they'll be able to keep the club out of the city for another couple of years.
It's pretty obvious certain people are deparate for the club to be back at the ricoh under any circumstances.
Which is the clubs major issue. Once people realise we need to control our own destiny, then that’s when the penny will drop.

unfortunately - people with influence are managing to divide the fanbase with the “its all SISU” rhetoric.

promotion would be embarrassing for the city of sport

Adge

Which is the clubs major issue. Once people realise we need to control our own destiny, then that’s when the penny will drop.

unfortunately - people with influence are managing to divide the fanbase with the “its all SISU” rhetoric.

Similarly also with the “it’s different this time“ line.

Grendel

Similarly also with the “it’s different this time“ line.

Well it is and there is nothing anyone but wasps can do about it - last time it was always possible for the club to return at any time so of course that’s a huge difference

Unless wasps change their stance then we may not return for 6 years

Sky Blue Pete

It’s already embarrassing for city of culture

shmmeee

People need to stop seeing conspiracy theories at every turn. It was bollocks when Sisu were about to asset strip us or move us to fucking Timbuktu or whatever and it’s bollocks that a fucking council and a few old men in a pub are planning a “hostile takeover”.

Jesus.

Literally everything is explainable by incompetence and egotistical malice.

Adge

Well it is and there is nothing anyone but wasps can do about it - last time it was always possible for the club to return at any time so of course that’s a huge difference

Unless wasps change their stance then we may not return for 6 years
Previously said it and for lots of people including myself, the ingredients are different but the meal served is still the same. There’s no getting away from that I’m afraid.

Grendel

People need to stop seeing conspiracy theories at every turn. It was bollocks when Sisu were about to asset strip us or move us to fucking Timbuktu or whatever and it’s bollocks that a fucking council and a few old men in a pub are planning a “hostile takeover”.

Jesus.

Jesus Christ. The trust a few years ago tried exactly that as you clearly know you imbecile,

Grendel

Previously said it and for lots of people including myself, the ingredients are different but the meal served is still the same. There’s no getting away from that I’m afraid.

Then you are making George Duggins and Nick Eastwoods life a lot easier. I hope you get the benefits from them

Adge

Then you are making George Duggins and Nick Eastwoods life a lot easier. I hope you get the benefits from them
Yeah-got my Wasps top and half season ticket for Christmas!

Grendel

Yeah-got my Wasps top and half season ticket for Christmas!

The reality is every time you post they punch the air with delight

pastythegreat

Jesus.

The Trust tried exactly that. They were pivotal in the failed Hoffman takeover bid. W**ps were also involved. Overton pulled out because of it. He said so in his own words. Or is it not true until w**ps publish it themselves in their own words?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Clive is allowed an opinion, should probably try to not force it on air though. Keep it professional and impartial as the job calls for. Sounds like more and more people are getting anxious about returning to Coventry. Deep down I believe Wasps are depending on it. It’s just a giant fuck of a mess.

Grendel

Aye, similarly another party gets let off the hook with your replies above.

No as the other party have zero influence on us returning - do you accept this is a fact?

Adge

Serious question, what do you think needs to happen to facilitate a return to Coventry, given the current circumstances?
Lets not forget what and who has led us to arrive at this station-for some reason this seems to get locked away in a drawer.
From what we understand (and we don’t know the honest truth as none of us were party to discussions behind the scenes etc) one party has to back down. Again, from what we understand, that party is Wasps.

Adge

No as the other party have zero influence on us returning - do you accept this is a fact?
I accept that these are a villain of the piece that has made us arrive at this station. Not sure why you can’t see that aswell?

Nick

Administrator

Jesus.

You keep saying it's bollocks but it's already happened? (Well, attempted)

You do realise that, right?

MalcSB

Lets not forget what and who has led us to arrive at this station-for some reason this seems to get kicked away in a drawer.
From what we understand (and we don’t know the honest truth as none of us were party to discussions behind the scenes etc) one party has to back down. Again, from what we understand, that party is Wasps.
So how do we get wasps to back down?

Users who are viewing this thread