Cwr tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

im expecting ccfc to be saddled with the debt of the new stadium but it will be in Sisu's or arvo's name and we will also be paying them rent.
How could this possibly be a better scenario than staying at the Ricoh ?

Amd then when they go belly up they'll have shifted the debt elsewhere, after a game of smoke and mirrors, buy it back for a fiver and start again (ad nauseum)

SLOnAir

im expecting ccfc to be saddled with the debt of the new stadium but it will be in Sisu's or arvo's name and we will also be paying them rent.
How could this possibly be a better scenario than staying at the Ricoh ?

Again, a good question to pose. The answer, presumably is that the club would have access to 100% of the stadium revenue and would pay its rent, or whatever other arrangement the owners put in place, out of that. But - again - ask TF.

jas365

Indeed Godiva ,IIRC Stuart was present at last years forum when TF remarked that the debt had indeed been converted to equity ,but equity of what?

Yep that was what Fisher said, the club had no debt as SISU had converted the debt into equity - I think the most common way to do this is to have a share issue.

SLOnAir

Right. Before I outstay my welcome, I'm off. Thank you again chaps. i trust I didn't miss anyone's question or comment this evening.

Sorry if I hijacked someone else's thread. See some of you tomorrow evening. If you are going to be there, please bear in mind it is being broadcast live. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Last edited:

coop

why build a new stadium with a very high cost.why not put the so called £30 million in to buy half the ricoh a stadium which is already built and in use

The Reverend Skyblue

well goodbye Stuart, at least you have the balls to come on here, as you must know your're not everyones cup of tea.
Petty Joy or anyone one else from SISU,not Timmy as he 's an incompetent puppet of them, had the same guts as you

James Smith

Right. Before I outstay my welcome, I'm off. Thank you again chaps. i trust I didn't miss anyone's question or comment this evening.

Sorry if I hijacked someone else's thread. See some of you tomorrow evening. If you we going to be there, please bear in mind it is being broadcast live. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Have a great evening.

Flying Fokker

I honestly have no idea about any of my media colleagues being on here. As for the fans view of the owners, there is obviously an anti-Sisu bias among those who make a noise (literally, at matches - & here); and when I say 'make a noise' I am not being critical. It's good to be passionate, but that passion often makes you think that everyone holds the same view and that anyone who doesn't is wrong. I continue to maintain that most fans among the wider support don't really care who owns the club as long as it does well. The fact it is not doing well means that the ''anti-Sisu' ranks have understandably grown, but equally it has caused massive apathy among the majority which is why we end up with 20,000 empty seats at home matches.

There is a problem of SISU wanting to get out of Coventry. 12000 Coventry Telegraph posters certainly share a similar view to what we are concerned about on here.

oakey

Someone needs to subvert the event by asking the audience:
hands up if you will watch home games outside Coventry? That will show TF what he is up against.
Follow up swiftly with, hands up if you won't.
It will be too late for anyone to stop a very effective point.

Flying Fokker

I understand why it is being done, but I do worry that the if it gathered momentum it might harm the club whose basic problem is a lack of income, whoever owns it.

So how about moving the club to a temporary venue for three years. Well thought out SISU.

Godiva

what interest are we currently paying to Sisu Arvo on this 70million of debt ?

It's a question you should ask at the forum.

When we looked into the accounts a few years ago the funding from sisu carried no interest and no periodic installments.
I assume that hasn't changed, but it is a valid question.

Studies of the most recent accounts show interest paid had gone up, but I assume that was mostly interest on the Ryton mortgage in the last year of Ranson/Elliott/Hoffman reign (since paid out) and maybe the factoring of season tickets.

Godiva

There is a problem of SISU wanting to get out of Coventry. 12000 Coventry Telegraph posters certainly share a similar view to what we are concerned about on here.

I really think that TF has taken notice.
But as long as ACL won't talk to him or sisu - what else can he do?

James Smith

Someone needs to subvert the event by asking the audience:
hands up if you will watch home games outside Coventry? That will show TF what he is up against.
Follow up swiftly with, hands up if you won't.
It will be too late for anyone to stop a very effective point.
Unlikely to get dragged off by Hired Goons in this case what with the media there.

ajsccfc

Stuart's getting bang into this place. Give it six months and he'll be facepalming a Glen post and Photoshopping Steven Pressley into various historical photos.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I really think that TF has taken notice.
But as long as ACL won't talk to him or sisu - what else can he do?

Resign. He's made too many gaffes too often, spun too many half-truths and made too many enemies to be taken seriously. An injection of fresh blood would give all sides a grand opportunity to compromise further if necessary, and step away from the abyss.

Can anyone really persuade me his continued influence is helpful?

Godiva

Accept the Club is in Admin and let Appleton sort the deal.

Yes - that would be a good strategy.
Sisu should give Appelton a mandate to work within. A three year deal.
But I guess ACL won't have it.

Flying Fokker

Stuart's getting bang into this place. Give it six months and he'll be facepalming a Glen post and Photoshopping Steven Pressley into various historical photos.

Shhhhh, no mention of the name E**** CWR seem to think we all like the nickname.

Noggin

Hello Wingy - "Mr Impartial" here. Yes, I will be hosting tomorrow night.

This is your chance to win back the respect of all the Coventry fans, all you have to do is make sure Tim Fisher answers the questions, Listen to the question asked, listen to his response, did he answer the question? or did he just spin, if the later say Tim thanks for that but I'm afraid I don't think you answered the question there and repeat it to him.

wingy

Yes - that would be a good strategy.
Sisu should give Appelton a mandate to work within. A three year deal.
But I guess ACL won't have it.

I think they would and will
Assuming no on new picks up the reins I expect this to be that act of god he referred to at the LSC forum.

Grendel

This is your chance to win back the respect of all the Coventry fans, all you have to do is make sure Tim Fisher answers the questions, Listen to the question asked, listen to his response, did he answer the question? or did he just spin, if the later say Tim thanks for that but I'm afraid I don't think you answered the question there and repeat it to him.

I assume you agree he should behave in the same way to PWKH, the council and the parasites ACL who have leached off the club for a decade?

cofastreecity

I assume you agree he should behave in the same way to PWKH, the council and the parasites ACL who have leached off the club for a decade?
Mr Fisher couldn't lay straight in bed, he has hoodwinked the supporters with his continuous attack on the Council, ACL, AEHC and fans, this from a guy who releases a statement on 21 March 2013 on behalf of Holdings, who is also a Director of saying," it is important to stress the football club itself is not under threat, it is merely a property subsidiary which owns no material assets and has no employees, on or off the pitch", WELL MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS WHO IS BEING TRANSPARENT

Grendel

Mr Fisher couldn't lay straight in bed, he has hoodwinked the supporters with his continuous attack on the Council, ACL, AEHC and fans, this from a guy who releases a statement on 21 March 2013 on behalf of Holdings, who is also a Director of saying," it is important to stress the football club itself is not under threat, it is merely a property subsidiary which owns no material assets and has no employees, on or off the pitch", WELL MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS WHO IS BEING TRANSPARENT

No one is and everyone is in it for themselves. Get your head of the councils arse and see the light

There are so many gullible cretins on here. In getting annoyed.

James Smith

I assume you agree he should behave in the same way to PWKH, the council and ACL ?

I agree that ACL should answer questions that are put to them and indeed as their spokesman PWKH has been doing so on here for a while now but there will doubtless be more. Sisu/CCFC haven't and this is the best chance most fans will get to question the club.

James Smith

You mean just repeat the question until he answers it a la Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight
[video=youtube;1KHMO14KuJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KHMO14KuJk[/video]

Last edited:

Noggin

You mean just repeat the question until he answers it a la Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight

pretty much yes, it's just important you dont allow someone to not answer a question while looking like they have, if someone isn't going to give a straight answer that needs to be obvious to everyone thats whats happened, fisher has been allowed to dish out his misleading spin to thousands of people through CWR and they should stop that. It's unfortunately the case that the general public is easily taken in by what on the face of it is a convincing argument. you only need to see what percentage of people believe we didn't go to the moon or that the US attacked the twin towers after watching one of those "documentaries"

jas365

pretty much yes, it's just important you dont allow someone to not answer a question while looking like they have, if someone isn't going to give a straight answer that needs to be obvious to everyone thats whats happened, fisher has been allowed to dish out his misleading spin to thousands of people through CWR and they should stop that. It's unfortunately the case that the general public is easily taken in by what on the face of it is a convincing argument. you only need to see what percentage of people believe we didn't go to the moon or that the US attacked the twin towers after watching one of those "documentaries"

Hopefully there will be enough of us there over the 3 nights to not allow Fisher to get away with just spouting his usual bullshit. I think he's in for a very uncomfortable few days.

J

Jack Griffin

That is a point of view. However, a contrary argument is that the £70-million is owed to the club's owners & their investors who have provided that money so that the club can pay its bills, wages, taxes, etc...

Come on, that is not real money that's been pumped in by SISU, the bulk of it was debts written off by Richardson & other former directors, at least £35M.

The club do not have to repay that to anyone.

It is also distressed debt, so the amount payable to purchse it is not £1 in the £,. it is more like 20p in the £.

There is no certainty either that a considerable amount of that total is interest charged by the lenders (SISU/AVRO etc.) on loans.. at undisclosed & possibly high rates, but we can't tell because there have been no accounts for several years.

Surely Stewart you are not that financially niave!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Come on, that is not real money that's been pumped in by SISU, the bulk of it was debts written off by Richardson & other former directors, at least £35M.

The club do not have to repay that to anyone.

It is also distressed debt, so the amount payable to purchse it is not £1 in the £,. it is more like 20p in the £.

There is no certainty either that a considerable amount of that total is interest charged by the lenders (SISU/AVRO etc.) on loans.. at undisclosed & possibly high rates, but we can't tell because there have been no accounts for several years.

Surely Stewart you are not that financially niave!

I'm sure he's astute enough to identify true supporters from the council employed trolls that occupy this site under numerous guises.

Grendel

Rather than the SISU employed trolls you mean?

Are there any? I see some who care passionately for the football club. Others who defend rent arrangements clearly have an alternate agenda.

jas365

Are there any? I see some who care passionately for the football club. Others who defend rent arrangements clearly have an alternate agenda.

I care passionately about the club (as to many others), but my opinion couldn't be more different to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread