Cwr tomorrow (1 Viewer)

wingy

The Forum will be aired from 7pm .
Who will host ?

People wishing to give some opinion to Shanes show in the morning are asked to email CWR Tonight!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The Forum will be aired from 7pm .
Who will host ?

People wishing to give some opinion to Shanes show in the morning are asked to email CWR Tonight!

Why doesn't he ask: 'who have you discussed or agreed ground-sharing with for the forthcoming season; and at what rental'?

Nice and simple, with no squirm room.

The fixtures are announced with a matter of days, and therefore it's relevant. The value would allow us all to judge the difference between what they've been offered, and that they're prepared to pay; so we can value the difference.

Any problems with that?

James Smith

Why doesn't he ask: 'who have you discussed or agreed ground-sharing with for the forthcoming season; and at what rental'?

The fixtures are announced with a matter of days, and therefore it's relevant. The value would allow us all to judge the difference between what they've been offered, and that they're prepared to pay; so we can value the difference.

Any problems with that?
TF will probably just say it's subject to a non disclosure agreement and ask for the next question.

wingy

Any problems with that?

Tim already ducked that one last night at the Corporates forum.

the league have already expressed there is room to juggle things around fixtures a little later down the line.

I'm thinking its more a chance for Shane to get a couple of fans on to gauge opinion and gain some insight into questions likely to come up.

Again it sounds like TF didn't really do a lot on Q -A's ,it sounds like these are more like presentations.

Of course the other obstacle is if Mr Impartial is hosting , he only comes across as Pro SISU as its a style of presentation to take a contrary view to callers ,but is willing to ridicule ACL viability to get one over on a caller,regardless of auditor signed off accounts.

SLOnAir

Tim already ducked that one last night at the Corporates forum.

the league have already expressed there is room to juggle things around fixtures a little later down the line.

I'm thinking its more a chance for Shane to get a couple of fans on to gauge opinion and gain some insight into questions likely to come up.

Again it sounds like TF didn't really do a lot on Q -A's ,it sounds like these are more like presentations.

Of course the other obstacle is if Mr Impartial is hosting , he only comes across as Pro SISU as its a style of presentation to take a contrary view to callers ,but is willing to ridicule ACL viability to get one over on a caller,regardless of auditor signed off accounts.

Hello Wingy - "Mr Impartial" here. Yes, I will be hosting tomorrow night.

SLOnAir

what will you be asking SL?

I intend to ask only one question at the very start. Not saying here what that will be. It's not a night for my questions; my job is to host the event and try and get as many questions as possible from the fans in the time allowed. I will only ask further questions myself, if I think that (a) there is a point to asking any fan posing a question to elaborate or (b) if it appears that the question warrants more by way of an answer than is forthcoming.

jas365

I intend to ask only one question at the very start. Not saying here what that will be. It's not a night for my questions; my job is to host the event and try and get as many questions as possible from the fans in the time allowed. I will only ask further questions myself, if I think that (a) there is a point to asking any fan posing a question to elaborate or (b) if it appears that the question warrants more by way of an answer than is forthcoming.

Hi Stuart, will you please read out the e-mail I sent to you on Sunday following our chat on the forum?

wingy

I don't know what your synopsis is Wingy. Please explain.
That the reason many get the impression you have a very pro SISU slant on events is due to the contrary style of presentation you adopt .
Thus if the majority of callers are Anti SISU by definition you have to appear the opposite .To back that a little further you were willing on Saturday to suggest ACL's audited accounts are inaccurate to win a point over a caller who raised some very salient points on our overall situation and where blame should be apportioned, Martin I think his name was.

quinn1971

I intend to ask only one question at the very start. Not saying here what that will be. It's not a night for my questions; my job is to host the event and try and get as many questions as possible from the fans in the time allowed. I will only ask further iquestions myself, if I think that (a) there is a point to asking any fan posing a question to elaborate or (b) if it appears that the question warrants more by way of an answer than is forthcoming.

I think point b may happen alot.SL hyperthetically speaking if all the bids we know of are announced on friday who's bid do you think has the football club as its priority.if there is one ?

Last edited:

wingy

I think It would be nice to get PSGM into this thread also.

Please no loca lnews/Traffic Interuptions.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If the precis posted on here with regards what Fisher stated on the 29th, the January payment from the council to ACL to clear the Yorkshire Bank distressed liabilities are the subject of a judicial review. As such, how close does Fisher think he's getting to being held in contempt of court under sub judice rulings with his current crude roadshow?

Given the above, he should stop spinning his troubled iteration of past events, and frankly answer the real and imminent issue I raised above

SLOnAir

Hi Stuart, will you please read out the e-mail I sent to you on Sunday following our chat on the forum?

Jas - will you be there? If so, you should put your own question. If you're not going to be there, please send me a one question email to [email protected] & I will include it, although I don't think we will be taking questions via phone calls, texts or emails as we would if it was a conventional BBC Coventry & Wawickshire Forum.

Please bear in mind that this is NOT a BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Forum. It is a Coventry City Football Club event that the radio station has been invited to broadcast and, in the interests of making it available to a wider audience than those present in the room, we have agreed to do so. My job is to host the broadcast element on behalf of the BBC.

SLOnAir

I think point b may happen alot.SL hyperthetically speaking if all the bids we know of are announced on friday who's bid do you think has the football club as its priority.if there is one ?

You could argue that all those bidding will have the football club as a priority. It's the way each would achieve their objections they will see them differ, one from the other; that and the amount they are prepared to offer, of course. The problem they all have is that none of them - and none of us - know for sure what they might be buying (that's with the exception of Sisu, of course, who by definition must know what is in "Ltd").

olderskyblue

(b) if it appears that the question warrants more by way of an answer than is forthcoming.

You'll have your work cut out then. You asked him 3 times I think on your show if he had in fact shook hands on an agreement with ACL, and he avoided answering each time.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Please bear in mind that this is NOT a BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Forum. It is a Coventry City Football Club event that the radio station has been invited to broadcast and, in the interests of making it available to a wider audience than those present in the room, we have agreed to do so. My job is to host the broadcast element on behalf of the BBC.

A Coventry City Football Club event? That'll be CCFC Limited in administration given the clear indication of where the Golden Share lay, and by virtue of returned accounts, no? If so, who speaks on behalf of this company, and in what capacity?

SLOnAir

That the reason many get the impression you have a very pro SISU slant on events is due to the contrary style of presentation you adopt .
Thus if the majority of callers are Anti SISU by definition you have to appear the opposite .To back that a little further you were willing on Saturday to suggest ACL's audited accounts are inaccurate to win a point over a caller who raised some very salient points on our overall situation and where blame should be apportioned, Martin I think his name was.

That is pretty close to what I do and what I am required to do. I don't agree that I suggested that ACL's audited accounts were inaccurate, rather that there may be more to emerge from the track record of ACL as a business that has yet been made public. I am not suggesting any impropriety or anything of the sort, and I may, of course, be entirely wrong.

wingy

You could argue that all those bidding will have the football club as a priority. It's the way each would achieve their objections they will see them differ, one from the other; that and the amount they are prepared to offer, of course. The problem they all have is that none of them - and none of us - know for sure what they might be buying (that's with the exception of Sisu, of course, who by definition must know what is in "Ltd").
While they may know what is in LTD they cannot be certain how the Admin will go and what the FL will do ,they can have expectations ,but not certainty.

quinn1971

According to sisu there's nothing in it.:) youve been close to coventry now for a long time.obviously you have to remain impartial to what you say.but surely you have to agree that sisu have been and continue to be a disaster for our club.do you think they would sell for the right price or as fisher says they are in it for the long haul.

jas365

Jas - will you be there? If so, you should put your own question. If you're not going to be there, please send me a one question email to [email protected] & I will include it, although I don't think we will be taking questions via phone calls, texts or emails as we would if it was a conventional BBC Coventry & Wawickshire Forum.

I will be at the forum on Monday, I will definitely ask the question if I get the chance or am picked out, but according to friends of mine that were at the meeting last night there was very little opportunity to ask questions. Will it be a forum of the same format as you have on CWR? i.e. the whole evening is a question and answer session?

Flying Fokker

Welcome back Stuart.. You are a glutton for punishent. Do us a favour, will you please facilitate the meeting so that people have a fair say and we can hear replies. I'm skeptical about SISU's intentions and have a feeling this could be the last contact I have with anything Sky Blue for a few years unless we stay in Coventry. I need some kind of closure on this and want to walk away knowing that it was the right decision.

I'm not the only dissenter, I'm also pretty sure there are people far more articulate in putting their views across than me. However, as I say, this is last chance saloon. I need a new Coventry City owned by different people.

SLOnAir

I will be at the forum on Monday, I will definitely ask the question if I get the chance or am picked out, but according to friends of mine that were at the meeting last night there was very little opportunity to ask questions. Will it be a forum of the same format as you have on CWR? i.e. the whole evening is a question and answer session?

That is as I see it. One of the main reasons BBC Coventry & Warwickshire is broadcasting the event is because we want to hear what the fans want to ask.

jas365

That is as I see it. One of the main reasons BBC Coventry & Warwickshire is broadcasting the event is because we want to hear what the fans want to ask.

ok thanks Stuart, I will turn up with my questions prepared, I have no idea what response i'm going to get but I intend to get him squirming!
Out of interest - and yes, I know you have to remain impartial, do you have a preference or just an old fashioned hunch as to which group will end up with Ltd and the golden share?

SLOnAir

While they may know what is in LTD they cannot be certain how the Admin will go and what the FL will do ,they can have expectations ,but not certainty.

That is true to some degree, although as I understand it they are in active dialogue with the Football League. While they can't be sure of the outcome, they obviously have a perspective of the League's attitude and likely approach. My point was that, alone of all the bidders, they know precisely what was in "Ltd" when it went into administration and will, therefore, have a pretty good idea of what they would be buying.

jas365

That is true to some degree, although as I understand it they are in active dialogue with the Football League. While they can't be sure of the outcome, they obviously have a perspective of the League's attitude and likely approach. My point was that, alone of all the bidders, they know precisely what was in "Ltd" when it went into administration and will, therefore, have a pretty good idea of what they would be buying.

I'd say they didn't know "precisely", after all they thought the golden share was in Holdings!!

Flying Fokker

That is pretty close to what I do and what I am required to do. I don't agree that I suggested that ACL's audited accounts were inaccurate, rather that there may be more to emerge from the track record of ACL as a business that has yet been made public. I am not suggesting any impropriety or anything of the sort, and I may, of course, be entirely wrong.

So, SISU were right all along then?:)

wingy

Stuart ,Have you changed your opinion that the weight of feeling against the Owners is somewhat more than ," A Little Mischief Making from a minority on A well known Forum"?

Do you consider yourself better informed of the situation now ,and "Do any of your colleagues in the Media come here" ? under pseudonyms maybe ?

SLOnAir

According to sisu there's nothing in it.:) youve been close to coventry now for a long time.obviously you have to remain impartial to what you say.but surely you have to agree that sisu have been and continue to be a disaster for our club.do you think they would sell for the right price or as fisher says they are in it for the long haul.

As I have said repeatedly, on air and here, Sisu as owners have made horrendous mistakes and TF has agreed with that. The current situation has, however, been contributed to by others and that is also well documented. As for Sisu's intentions, I have no idea if they would sell but I think anyone who dismisses their plans for "the long haul" may be making a big mistake. I have always said that, if they go away, if will not be quick and it will not be quietly.

James Smith

I have visions of the forum being similar to the UN during the Cuban missile crisis where people handed their time for questioning to the Americans when the Russian Ambassador didn't answer the question the USA had put. A bit Jeremy Paxmanesque to bring it a bit more up to date - did you threaten to overrule him!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread