CVA meeting today (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Les Reid@Lesreidpolitics1m
BREAKING(more) on #CCFC creditors' meeting just ended: All sides asked to observe "media blackout". Statement to come from administrator

Which will be the SISU version, why can't ACL put their own statement, so that people can make their own minds up ?

Sounds like yet another example of fans being treated like rubbish.

Does this mean that the FL will waive their own rule about clubs in admin not being allowed to ground share, or are ACL putting pressure on FL to take up the offer to play at the Ricoh while in admin ? Looks like late Sept at the earliest to come out of admin.

covcity4life

the administrator will say that they have made friends and we will play at ricoh for 100k rent and f&b and we are out of admin and sisu will sign 5 players and we will get promoted and everyone lives happily ever after

go on appleton,you know you want too.

theferret

Which will be the SISU version, why can't ACL put their own statement, so that people can make their own minds up ?

Sounds like yet another example of fans being treated like rubbish.

Does this mean that the FL will waive their own rule about clubs in admin not being allowed to ground share, or are ACL putting pressure on FL to take up the offer to play at the Ricoh while in admin ? Looks like late Sept at the earliest to come out of admin.

I strongly suspect the wording of any statement from Appleton would have been agreed in advance by both sides - otherwise I suspect ACL would not have agreed to observe a media blackout. Reading between the lines, I'd say there has been progress today. Time will tell.

grego_gee

I strongly suspect the wording of any statement from Appleton would have been agreed in advance by both sides - otherwise I suspect ACL would not have agreed to observe a media blackout. Reading between the lines, I'd say there has been progress today. Time will tell.

I think its a good sign, it suggests a degree of cooperation over something!

:pimp:

mrbluesky87

The thing is, depending on how you feel about this, if it is all happy families again, it does nothing for thoses fans who want SISU out and for me I will stick to my guns and not line their pockets thus Ricoh or not, I am still not going.

Godiva

My guess is it will say. Talks held, issues raised that need further consideration. Will meet again in 14 days.

Will they use up the full 14 days?
Of course it depends on what is to be considered, but maybe 7 days will do. Then they all have 7 days if more consideration and investigation is necessary.

covcity4life

The thing is, depending on how you feel about this, if it is all happy families again, it does nothing for thoses fans who want SISU out and for me I will stick to my guns and not line their pockets thus Ricoh or not, I am still not going.

i would hope the majority of fans have more love for ccfc than they do hatred for sisu

if its a deal that keeps us in cov and helps us move forward financially its a good thing,sisu or no sisu.

jesus-wept

Still think any cva deal will be around sisu giving up this ground share proposal, the adjournment could be getting a rock solid commitment from sisu re this. Just a hunch but going on past records a nod, wink and a handshake ain't good enough.

theferret

I attended a march on Saturday - the aim of which was to keep the club in Coventry. If certain concessions need to be made for that to happen then so be it - that is priority number one at the moment. And if we do play there, I will attend because to not do so we lose all credibility amongst the wider football community in my opinion - coventry fans kick up a fuss about the club moving, and when they don't, still don't turn up and watch them - like it or not, that is how it will be viewed by many, not least the media.

Short term aim is the get the club back to the Ricoh, then we can focus on getting rid of SISU by continuing to apply pressure where we can. Just my opinion, but I appreciate for some people getting rid of SISU takes priority over playing in Coventry.

jesus-wept

Will they use up the full 14 days?
Of course it depends on what is to be considered, but maybe 7 days will do. Then they all have 7 days if more consideration and investigation is necessary.
It is 28 days, whether that is upto 28 of the full 28 not sure

mrbluesky87

I attended a march on Saturday - the aim of which was to keep the club in Coventry. If certain concessions need to be made for that to happen then so be it - that is priority number one at the moment. And if we do play there, I will attend because to not do so we lose all credibility amongst the wider football community in my opinion - coventry fans kick up a fuss about the club moving, and when they don't, still don't turn up and watch them - like it or not, that is how it will be viewed by many, not least the media.

How do you apply pressure while still attending games and purchasing merchandise?? I do see it from your point of view and for the record I was their on Saturday also but I fail to see where this ends if the CVA is agreed. This time next year, under a transfer embargo because the accounts have not been filed yet again while SISU and ACL are still at each others necks? Or SISU finally get their grubby mits on the Ricoh and really leave to club to rot as they have the asset they are yearning for. I cannot see a positive outcome either way.

Short term aim is the get the club back to the Ricoh, then we can focus on getting rid of SISU by continuing to apply pressure where we can. Just my opinion, but I appreciate for some people getting rid of SISU takes priority over playing in Coventry.

mrbluesky87

Apologies, I was meant to respond with the below::claping hands:

How do you apply pressure while still attending games and purchasing merchandise?? I do see it from your point of view and for the record I was their on Saturday also but I fail to see where this ends if the CVA is agreed. This time next year, under a transfer embargo because the accounts have not been filed yet again while SISU and ACL are still at each others necks? Or SISU finally get their grubby mits on the Ricoh and really leave to club to rot as they have the asset they are yearning for. I cannot see a positive outcome either way.

Buster

I feel like a child in a custody case ,waiting for the result. I dont think my dad ,Tim, loves me . He just wants to keep the family together so that mum doesnt hit his bank account

jimmyhill

I feel like a child in a custody case ,waiting for the result. I dont think my dad ,Tim, loves me . He just wants to keep the family together so that mum doesnt hit his bank account

In this totally imaginary scenario, he has raped your mum, beat her to within an inch of her life and smilingly told the police that she fell down the stairs

covcity4life

51Ke3bEXb7L._SX500_.jpg

grego_gee

getting the transfer embargos through not filing the accounts is the biggest critsism that SISU are guilty of.
My opinion is that the main cause of this has been SISU deliberating over whether or not to escalate the rent issue at year end over a number of seasons.
I Honestly think there is a good chance that now the lease has been dealt with, we might never have to see delayed accounts and transfer embargoes ever again!

theferret

Not agree to the CVA and I think we can wave goodbye to the prospect of playing at the Ricoh this season.

To answer your specific point, a boycott at Sixfields would be effective I think because everyone (more or less) would buy into it. Not so at the Ricoh where gates would remain adequate enough to sustain a middling 3rd division club, so costs would be cut and that's what exactly we would become.

I'd like to think that if we do continue to play at the Ricoh we support the team but do what we can to push SISU out the door. It isn't beyond the wit of man to force out the unwanted owners of a football club without the need for a half-hearted boycott that would only serve to deprive the team of the resources it needs to succeed. How do we do that? Not sure. Continued scrutiny of the corporate structure and accounting shenanigans perhaps? More noise from the city's MPs in Parliament, more protests, more lobbying of the FL & FA - we'd have to get creative. I don't know really, and this is all just idle speculation anyway.

just a quick question. just say the cva is agreed and the deal ws to play at the ricoh, will sisu charge more for season tickets or stick to the out of cov "home" season ticket prices? wouldnt surprise me.

im not going anyway till sisu go, away league games only, just though id ask the question

grego_gee

getting the transfer embargos through not filing the accounts is the biggest critsism that SISU are guilty of.
My opinion is that the main cause of this has been SISU deliberating over whether or not to escalate the rent issue at year end over a number of seasons.
I Honestly think there is a good chance that now the lease has been dealt with, we might never have to see delayed accounts and transfer embargoes ever again!

the other plank of your post is that you think they would neglect the team if they got ownership of the RICOH?

I don't have any concern that that would happen. SISU's main tactic of threatening to leave the RICOH has been aimed at demonstrating that the RICOH is next to worthless without a successfull team in it!

if you still want SISU to go, you could take solice in the idea that it would be more likely for them to sell up, if they had a successful team in the RICOH!

Last edited:
T

true sky blue

Media blockout simply means neither side can use the time adjourned to use the media to influence the other party. Sorry to be a party pooper but the statement from appleton will simply confirm blackout... - if there was better news there would not be a need for one. They have adjourned because like children in a playground coventry city council can not stop or give in.

T

true sky blue

Of course what your all ignoring here is coventry city council have not signed up the cva. Thats the big news

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Media blockout simply means neither side can use the time adjourned to use the media to influence the other party. Sorry to be a party pooper but the statement from appleton will simply confirm blackout... - if there was better news there would not be a need for one. They have adjourned because like children in a playground coventry city council can not stop or give in.

CCC's fault entirely then is it?

Cranfield Sky Blue

Whereas Sisu will????

italiahorse

Media blockout simply means neither side can use the time adjourned to use the media to influence the other party. Sorry to be a party pooper but the statement from appleton will simply confirm blackout... - if there was better news there would not be a need for one. They have adjourned because like children in a playground coventry city council can not stop or give in.[/QUOTE

Your such a prat. Do us all a favour and don't post..........
PS There is a blackout Tim

RoboCCFC90

Of course what your all ignoring here is coventry city council have not signed up the cva. Thats the big news

Would you if you was owed £1.3Mil? In fairness I think ACL might be trying to negotiate with SISU and the Administrator to keep the club in the City and at the Ricoh.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Try and be a bit more subtle with your posts:D

italiahorse

Would you if you was owed £1.3Mil? In fairness I think ACL might be trying to negotiate with SISU and the Administrator to keep the club in the City and at the Ricoh.

It's actually more if you take into account the length of the lease that CCFC signed up for.

Users who are viewing this thread