£125k TV Broadcast fee per team v Maidstone
-potential for

£225k prize money for 5th round winners
-
£200k Quarter Final TV Broadcast Fee
-
£445k prize money for 6th round winners
-

For a club like ours, that not long ago had a portacabin outside the Butts as a ticket office, that’s big dollar

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Go Away GIF
Joe Elliott has had a feeling since the start of the season

Skyblueweeman

Joe Elliott has had a feeling since the start of the season
In a moment of weakness after the Leicester game, I put £20 on us to win the play offs AND the FA Cup.....FFS!

Genuinely think we'll go up this season and as for the FA Cup, if we beat Maidstone (which you'd like to think we will do), we're only approx 270 mins from lifting the FA Cup!

£20 would get me £13k back.

Highly unlikely...potentially, stupid, yes! But people who thought those that bet on Leicester to win the EPL at 5,000-1 were stupid. I mean, as Leicester fans, they are, but still.... :)

Sky Blue Pete

In a moment of weakness after the Leicester game, I put £20 on us to win the play offs AND the FA Cup.....FFS!

Genuinely think we'll go up this season and as for the FA Cup, if we beat Maidstone (which you'd like to think we will do), we're only approx 270 mins from lifting the FA Cup!

£20 would get me £13k back.

Highly unlikely...potentially, stupid, yes! But people who thought those that bet on Leicester to win the EPL at 5,000-1 were stupid. I mean, as Leicester fans, they are, but still.... :)
I love that arrogance

Otis

If we actually won the cup (very, very highly unlikely of course), it would have to be the greatest achievement in the club's history wouldn't it.

Much bigger achievement than last time.

Would think the only way we could actually do it, mind, would be for a succession of teams to have a number of players sent off against us. Maybe at least 3 on each occasion. 🤞

Sky Blue Harry H

If we actually won the cup (very, very highly unlikely of course), it would have to be the greatest achievement in the club's history wouldn't it.

Much bigger achievement than last time.

Would think the only way we could actually do it, mind, would be for a succession of teams to have a number of players sent off against us. Maybe at least 3 on each occasion. 🤞

We'd need 4 sent off if we're facing Man city (and I'd still take the draw) :unsure:

JohnWH

A combination of numerous red cards for opposition, plus converted penalties, plus a discovery of opposition player in eligibility to award us the round, should see us comfortably lift the Cup

JohnWH

Yes. Winner goes to Europa, unless they have already qualified for European competition, in which case the runner up gets it. A ticket into the group stage proper that is.

Bring on Sherrif Tiraspol
(Don't care at all for any Euro competitions honestly)

nunchuckas

I did have a premonition daydream/fantasy that we win the cup by beating Liverpool at Wembley in Klopp's last UK game - we catch them off guard as they are on for the quad with a Europa final to prepare for.

I think the only slightly feasible way this happens is if we are fortunate with the draws if we do beat Maidstone.

E.g. get a lower prem/championship team at home in the quarters (Blackburn, Leeds, Bournemouth, Leicester, Forest).

As favourable as possible in the Semis (Wolves, Brighton or below - I could see us pulling off a one off Vs Man United too, but not Chelsea).

Liverpool get drawn Vs Man City at some point and knock them out, and then we get a fatigued/grass is too long/wet/windy Liverpool team and spoil Klopp's party!

wingy

I did have a premonition day dream/fantasy that we win the cup by beating Liverpool at Wembley in Klopp's last UK game - we catch them off guard as they are on for the quad with a Europa final to prepare for.

I think the only slightly feasible way this happens is if we are fortunate with the draws if we do beat Maidstone.

E.g. get a lower prem/championship team at home in the quarters (Blackburn, Leeds, Bournemouth, Leicester, Forest).

As favourable as possible in the Semis (Wolves, Brighton or below - I could see us pulling off a one off Vs Man United too, but not Chelsea).

Liverpool get drawn Vs Man City at some point and knock them out, and then we get a fatigued/grass is too long/wet/windy Liverpool team and spoil Klopp's party!
That would really spoil the party!

Otis

I did have a premonition daydream/fantasy that we win the cup by beating Liverpool at Wembley in Klopp's last UK game - we catch them off guard as they are on for the quad with a Europa final to prepare for.

The keeper gets sent off, Trent gets sent off for protesting at the sending off of the keeper and Klopp gets sent off for ranting about both.

Otis

The keeper gets sent off, Trent gets sent off for protesting at the sending off of the keeper and Klopp gets sent off for ranting about both.
Then Wilson saves 3 penalties and we win 1 nil, thanks to an outrageous own goal, where Van Dijk hits a long back pass to the goalie, forgetting there is no-one in goal, because the goalie's been sent off.

We win 1 nil and everyone faints.

Otis

Then Wilson saves 3 penalties and we win 1 nil, thanks to an outrageous own goal, where Van Dijk hits a long back pass to the goalie, forgetting there is no-one in goal, because the goalie's been sent off.

We win 1 nil and everyone faints.
I just rang Coral to ask what sort of odds I can get on that and they just put the phone down on me

How rude. 🤬

nunchuckas

The whole squad is battered after fighting Man City to the death in the title race, and having to go to extra time and pens to beat them in the semi final (Salah gets suspended for the final for a second yellow card and sending off).

Their defence is in tatters after being battered by Gyokeres for 90 minutes in the Europa semi final, Liverpool coming out 3-2 winners in extra time with the team dead on its feet.

We force them into a drab affair at Wembley, Liverpool can't get into a rhythm due to fatigue/injuries and suspension, all the focus & build up is on Klopp...then City suddenly break into a counter attack in the 87th minute, a long ball clearance by Sheaf catches out the Liverpool back line as Milan makes up 10 yards and gets there just ahead of them, he races down the wing as the SBA rise to their feet, he plays it across to Sakamoto joining the attack, his first touch takes the ball over a defender's head (Gazza style) he feints to go right/left/right again as he beats his man, cuts inside and curls it into the corner with immaculate technique in front of a sea of Sky Blue as we go into delirium mode, limbs everywhere, Robins and Viveash join in the celebrations with the players, and Bobby Thomas heads away everything for the remaining minutes of stoppage time.

NorthernWisdom

The whole squad is battered after fighting Man City to the death in the title race, and having to go to extra time and pens to beat them in the semi final (Salah gets suspended for the final for a second yellow card and sending off).

Their defence is in tatters after being battered by Gyokeres for 90 minutes in the Europa semi final, Liverpool coming out 3-2 winners in extra time with the team dead on its feet.

We force them into a drab affair at Wembley, Liverpool can't get into a rhythm due to fatigue/injuries and suspension, all the focus & build up is on Klopp...then City suddenly break into a counter attack in the 87th minute, a long ball clearance by Sheaf catches out the Liverpool back line as Milan makes up 10 yards and gets there just ahead of them, he races down the wing as the SBA rise to their feet, he plays it across to Sakamoto joining the attack, his first touch takes the ball over a defender's head (Gazza style) he feints to go right/left/right again as he beats his man, cuts inside and curls it into the corner with immaculate technique in front of a sea of Sky Blue as we go into delirium mode, limbs everywhere, Robins and Viveash join in the celebrations with the players, and Bobby Thomas heads away everything for the remaining minutes of stoppage time.
Or we get battered 6-0

Otis

Coral have said they will get back to me on that one

Gynnsthetonic

Am I right in thinking if we got to the final (lucky home draws) play a team in the final that finishes top 4. Then even as losers we go into Europa League?
Don't think finishing runner up applies now, it was mentioned on here somewhere. Even more ring fenced so only the elite can gain entry

MikeyMoo

Semi vs. VILLA surely would work?

Users who are viewing this thread