Cup draw (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

I'm assuming Preston would get moved to the Friday if we get there? Or would we just play Saturday/Monday?
Football is becoming like that John Cleese school master sketch in 'The meaning of life'.
'Move your coat to a lower peg, only if you have a brother who is late for lessons and has a written note from a parent... If there is no written note then the coat must remain on that peg unless'....

slowpoke

Have to agree with him there but knowing league committees they will insist they do.
Going back 66 years our FA made Man United play a cup-tie less than a fortnight after their plane accident that killed half of their team mates.

Last edited:

Martw

I just don’t see why the cup game could not be on the Saturday other than of course one competition is EFL and the other FA - it’s just stupidly crazy. All designed to help Premier League clubs and sod the rest

ccfc1234

I just don’t see why the cup game could not be on the Saturday other than of course one competition is EFL and the other FA - it’s just stupidly crazy. All designed to help Premier League clubs and sod the rest
Not even all premier league clubs either. Just a few stupidly rich ones in the top 6

Alex1987

So I guess the intrigue now is:
1. Preston date - will it move?
2. Ticket Prices
3. Maidstone Allocation

CV22SBA

So I guess the intrigue now is:
1. Preston date - will it move?
2. Ticket Prices
3. Maidstone Allocation
1. MR said on CWR last night the game will be played on the Friday.
2. Doug knows it will probably be a full house so i imagine ticket pricing won't be as cheap as the 3rd & 4th round.
3. 4.5K will be the max.

Sky Blue Pete

2. Doug knows it will probably be a full house so i imagine ticket pricing won't be as cheap as the 3rd & 4th round.
3. 4.5K will be the max.
Full house??? Really?
was impressed with numbers last night - bloody hope some changes are made to get people in though

Brighton Sky Blue

Full house??? Really?
was impressed with numbers last night - bloody hope some changes are made to get people in though
Allowing ST holders more time to reserve their seat and apply their ticket to their card would really help. Using my phone screen didn’t work last night, nor did the print out.

skybluelee

As an aside, In what logical world are Blackburn 50/1 with PP and SkyBet to win the FAC and we're 80/1?

They are at home to Newcastle, we're playing a team in Weymouth's league.

skyblue1991

As an aside, In what logical world are Blackburn 50/1 with PP and SkyBet to win the FAC and we're 80/1?

They are at home to Newcastle, we're playing a team in Weymouth's league.
Who cases, neither of us are going to win it

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Who cases, neither of us are going to win it

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Go Away GIF

Gynnsthetonic

Obviously incredibly unlikely to happen but what on earth would they do if we made both the FA Cup Final and Play-Off Final considering they’re due to be played on the same weekend?
Wouldn't be that hard, Leeds and Southampton same scenario, they'll put the play final back a week an swap with the L1 final

Grendel

3. 4.5K will be the max.

I doubt we will sell out for the game

Frank Sidebottom

Obviously incredibly unlikely to happen but what on earth would they do if we made both the FA Cup Final and Play-Off Final considering they’re due to be played on the same weekend?
The FA will obviously use VAR to ensure that we don't win the semi-final.... should we get there.

mmttww

You want the ground full. Hoping it's something like £20 for adult, £10 for U18s.

SeaSeeEffCee

Attendance was pretty disappointing last night, especially given how many of our fans were whinging on social media that they couldn’t find a stream. We love to bang the drum that we’ve got class support but the stadium was close to half empty with £15 tickets for a game we were very likely to win well. I’d like to think we’ll get a lot in for Maidstone but doubt it will be - sell out.

Terry Gibson's perm

Attendance was pretty disappointing last night, especially given how many of our fans were whinging on social media that they couldn’t find a stream. We love to bang the drum that we’ve got class support but the stadium was close to half empty with £15 tickets for a game we were very likely to win well. I’d like to think we’ll get a lot in for Maidstone but doubt it will be - sell out.
Really I have been amazed at the size of the attendances against Oxford and Wednesday just remember where we were a few years ago

CV22SBA

2K more than Saints v Watford last night and they've not played each other 4 times since boxing day.
Both our home cup attendances have been very good compared to other clubs.

Terry Gibson's perm

Charge them £40 to make some money as they won’t sell many as they are not impressed with the draw😉

Users who are viewing this thread