Crowd v's Oldham (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's latin for "we're not very good" ;)

Grendel

For some reason I thought a Latic was an insect or a bird, just Googled it now and I was presented with images of strange looking people...bugger me, Oldham 'latic.

Wigan athletic are also the Latics

mechaishida

Intrigued as to why you've got a Japanese name, Mechaishida?

I've been a bit of a Japanese culture/history fan/student for about 20 years. The 'Mecha' part is referring to the standard Japanese concept of a 'Mech'/robot suit (from Gundam etc) and the Ishida part is a reference to the Sengoku Era samurai/politician Ishida Mitsunari.

Still haven't cracked open the Rosetta Stone Japanese CD yet though, the language is pant-fillingly hard.

EDIT: I'd ask why you're called Harry Krishner, but I suppose it's obvious.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Time for a bit of Madness!!!
Get that ball moving quicker.
If turners injury is for three weeks that maybe a strange bit of luck. Every cloud has a silver lining
(Can't put this on the match thread as I don't go on them or show any passion for the team )

Last edited:

Harry Krishner

Good for you.

Mecha is also Japanese slang for "very" or "incredibly"- Ishida means stone-field and is a common surname - as you point out.

I choose Harry Krishner because I always enjoy seeing them coming towards me chanting and drumming, and also have a soft spot for eastern philiosophies- but mainly because I had to think of a user name really quickly.

pusbccfc

Highest home turnout since first game back yesterday.

15,160 home fans

Only about 5/6 matches had higher attendances outside the Premier League yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread