Crowd v Reading (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

First game of the season for me (back off my jollies) - buzzing!

3 points please - Reading have most of their key attacking players out. Need the win before the next set of tricky fixtures, I'd have snapped your hands off for 10 points from the first 7 games, and we have a good chance to get to 9 from 4.

wingy

well first off I think I was a bit rude then, apologies 🙈

I just disagree that the atmosphere is better without an end open- and it comes across and tinpot.
Surely better to aim high, leave it open and attract people in
It's deeper than that for me .
I like to watch the game from the end not the side.
Resented having to move to the Tesco stand .
But then I was never a fan of singers corner either .
When we talk of a new ground people largely suggest a traditional square design.
Well you'd expect behind the goal to be populated there if that was the case so why is it different here?
Where does everyone go when we're away , mostly behind a goal and the atmosphere is way different.

COV

When we talk of a new ground people largely suggest a traditional square design.
Well you'd expect behind the goal to be populated there if that was the case so why is it different here?
Where does everyone go when we're away , mostly behind a goal and the atmosphere is way different.

you’re right and this is kind of what I was getting at- I don’t understand why the end is kind of being ignored.

Reactions: Dog

Covkid1968#

Dog

I agree with just about all of this.

But the mentality of most of our away support is different to a lot of our home support. For home games a lot go straight to the ground and go straight home. An away game is a full day out....maybe two days. Pubs as soon as you arrive. We are normally all together and not spread around a stadium. A few beers relaxes the vocal cords 🤪

Give me an away game any day. I will be loud and proud all the way through the game. I am not alone. I know quite a few that go away but haven't done a home game for ages. These are the supporters we need to win back for home games. If we can continue as we have started it will happen.

pipkin73

Hi-quality image, forget Cov i need to nick them for my work lol
That was supposed to be linked to an earlier post :(

Last edited:

pipkin73

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised. Those who do away only will have seen two good performances, the casual fans have seen a home win and possibly an away win on ifollow, we're playing good football, people are enjoying football crowds again and we've had 3 great atmospheres and we're in the top half of the table. I smell some momentum and the beginning of a bit of a bandwagon effect.
I hope so

Garryb80

I agree with just about all of this.

But the mentality of most of our away support is different to a lot of our home support. For home games a lot go straight to the ground and go straight home. An away game is a full day out....maybe two days. Pubs as soon as you arrive. We are normally all together and not spread around a stadium. A few beers relaxes the vocal cords 🤪

Give me an away game any day. I will be loud and proud all the way through the game. I am not alone. I know quite a few that go away but haven't done a home game for ages. These are the supporters we need to win back for home games. If we can continue as we have started it will happen.
And part of the reason the 1 per ticket for away games came in to play as well. The club don't benefit much from away game only fans so clearly need to find a way to get that money for themselves.

Dog

And part of the reason the 1 per ticket for away games came in to play as well. The club don't benefit much from away game only fans so clearly need to find a way to get that money for themselves.
I know it wouldn’t be good for our away support but limiting our home support to buy tickets to away games doesn't help. It normally leaves plenty of tickets for those who never go to home games. I go to more away games than home. Many like myself will never struggle whatever the rules are. But quite a lot will.

If there was an easy solution we would have done it years ago.

theferret

I still think the atmosphere became far better at the Ricoh the season they decided to put the fans in one end.

I'd have opened up just two blocks in the North stand alongside the social distanced block.

It perhaps did at that point because the season prior to that we were getting some truly horrific gates - down as low as 7000 iirc, so I did understand the thinking then, but even on a bad day this season we're unlikely to dip below 15K. Certainly makes no sense now. I do think the club should put those who POTG behind the goal to create some critical mass - instead if you pay cash you are put in the NE corner which seems odd.

Garryb80

I know it wouldn’t be good for our away support but limiting our home support to buy tickets to away games doesn't help. It normally leaves plenty of tickets for those who never go to home games. I go to more away games than home. Many like myself will never struggle whatever the rules are. But quite a lot will.

If there was an easy solution we would have done it years ago.
I understand the attraction to many of the away day but ultimately the club don't benefit financially if thats all a fan chooses to do. For example you can't proudly declare to being away only then complain if the budget is too small to be competitive.

Northants Sky Blue

If its a cost issue maybe just open 30 and 29 in North stand (and reduced price for one season?)
It'd be great to get a presence behind he goal so the players attacking that end have some support.
When McNulty scored the Notts C pen he needed a satnav to celebrate with fans

Dog

I understand the attraction to many of the away day but ultimately the club don't benefit financially if thats all a fan chooses to do. For example you can't proudly declare to being away only then complain if the budget is too small to be competitive.
Just like those who rarely go to any games yet complain about the budget.

Would you like to explain how Just one away ticket per STH helps us get more to home games?

Alex1987

Would you like to explain how Just one away ticket per STH helps us get more to home games?

Those who want to travel to all away games would need to buy a ST

Jcap

I think this is more to do with track and trace - one ticket per person generally means you know who attended which game and can be contacted

matesx

Tis a pain in the arse this one ticket rule.

I want to go with my 18 year old lad, i'm a ST holder and he isn't (off to York uni next month)

OK i could get a ST mate who isn't going to get him one but obviously wont be seated together.

Reactions: Dog

Garryb80

It doesn't but it rightly gives priority to those that do go and actually put money in to the club

Garryb80

I want to go with my 18 year old lad, i'm a ST holder and he isn't (off to York uni next month)

OK i could get a ST mate who isn't going to get him one but obviously wont be seated together.
2 per ticket for qpr

no_loyalty

You can add friends and family who have a ST to your network, you can then purchase seats together for away games.

robbiethemole

We originally bought seats in block 18 but son thought it would be too much for 3yr old so we moved to 33. If it’s crap might have to sneak round nearer the action haha

letsallsingtogether

Tbf If I go to away games I only need one as all of us that go are ST holders.
If there are only a few thousand away tickets then it should be 1 ticket.

Dog

Tbf If I go to away games I only need one as all of us that go are ST holders.
If there are only a few thousand away tickets then it should be 1 ticket.
I fully agree that STH's should have priority. And they do. But someone on here suggesting only STH's should be able to go to away games?

Users who are viewing this thread