crowd surfer Flag for Robins.... (2 Viewers)

CovInEssex

I don't understand Legends Never Leave. MB may leave to go to a PL side tomorrow. He's already left us before. And traditionally, you only become a legend once you retire/leave.

Otis

‘Legends Never Leave’

That’s fucking fantastic!! Might be worth enlarging the middle text so it’s more prominent and capitalising it!

I’ve just donated, pusb!
I like it, but that means if he leaves the flag is redundant.

Unless he still has Sky Blue blood of course and we are forever in his heart.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don't understand Legends Never Leave. MB may leave to go to a PL side tomorrow. He's already left us before. And traditionally, you only become a legend once you retire/leave.

This is a bit of a small club mentality to take to it. Robins has already achieve greatness with us, in a Coventry City Context. Robins has done more than enough already to merit some admiration and appreciation. Robins is the only manager to deliver any form of tangible success since 1987.

Do you think when Gerrard left Liverpool to see out his career in LA, that Liverpool fans threw away all banners and flags mentioning him?

vow

Sorry, don't like the "Legends never Leave" if he leaves, other fans will just take the piss.

Sent to Coventry with JH and MR is perfect

Otis

This is a bit of a small club mentality to take to it. Robins has already achieve greatness with us, in a Coventry City Context. Robins has done more than enough already to merit some admiration and appreciation. Robins is the only manager to deliver any form of tangible success since 1987.

Do you think when Gerrard left Liverpool to see out his career in LA, that Liverpool fans threw away all banners and flags mentioning him?
Umm, not trying to be funny, but Gerrard was born in Merseyside. He joined Liverpool when he was 9.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why not have Hill, Sillett and Robins, to emphasise the point that its not just about Robins, but as far as we're concerned legends never leave?

You could have all three with 'Inspired'.

Spires not as well known as Sent to Coventry so might be lost on some but still relevant. Also think with Sillett Curtis sort of deserves to be there too which ruins the three.

I once put forward a potential slogan to reclaim Sent to Coventry. Just followed it with "You should be so lucky!"

Last edited:

ccfcricoh

upload_2020-6-15_13-1-31.png
Chaos letting people throw in their own designs, you've even got me playing with Powerpoint and i'm about as artistic as something that isnt artistic...

i quite like the 2 tone checks with both sky blue and black though! There's my input, will donate!

robbiethemole

Just looking at this 287 people have read this thread................if each one donated £5 we'd smash it, and £10 could maybe get us two!!!!

Wiseoldfool

People leave in a physical sense,but their spirit lives on for what they have achieved.Anyway just about to donate whatever is decided,I'm also going to donate to Cov rugby as well.I'm a Cov kid of 70years and proud of the city and although don't like rugby,it's still important they also get through these difficult times

Hadji's_Goatee

It depends how he leaves or where he goes. What if Gerrard left to play for Utd? What if Robins leaves us mid-season to manage Villa?

mark82

Can't have legends never leave. Just sounds a bit silly when he's already left once.

I'm also not overly keen on including Hill. There's already a perfectly good Jimmy Hill flag. This should be in addition to the Hill flag.

I'd also go with the 2 tone, just adds a bit of extra commemoration for this season and gives it a slightly different look to the Hill flag.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread