crowd surfer Flag for Robins.... (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Sounds negative but I wouldn’t put Robins on it or Champions, it can be used in other seasons then or if he leaves or gets sacked.

Will throw some money in now, great idea

Reactions: vow

Elton_Welby's_milkman

All done. Let me know if you would like me to try and get the club involved on twitter. Personally like two tone design with The Specials One, but happy with whatever. Anything that just shows some appreciation.
Thank you jto123 very kind of you much appreciated .. and yes please if you think it will help the cause..

lordy_87

I love the two tone kit this year and rightly the city is proud of the two tone heritage but in my opinion the flag should be sky blue. Maybe two tone check down the sides.

Hadji's_Goatee

I’m really struggling with Sent to Coventry. But if the majority vote for it, he should be wearing a crown for the positive king spin.

Did prefer the 2 tone Specials One though.

Samo

That's the point though isn't it.

A reversal of the saying. The fact we would be passing the flag around shows that it is through our own volition. It works perfectly.

Sent to Coventry and he turned the negative into a success and therefore the saying, on its head.

Well I'm sure all those viewing the flag will be as intelligent and perceptive as you Otis.

vow

As alluded to earlier in the thread, " Sent to Coventry" is perfect as we'd then own the saying instead.

I would prefer not to solely focus on a Robins Flag and have more of a CCFC theme in 2-Tone if possible for the same reasons MMJ mentioned:

Sounds negative but I wouldn’t put Robins on it or Champions, it can be used in other seasons then or if he leaves or gets sacked.

However, if we do go solely for a Robins flag, then please don't put a crown on him, it looks crap!

Otis

I don't rate the sent to Coventry personally has negative connotations and it feels a bit emotionless after everything he's done for the club. Should be more fun like the specials one or 'rising from the ashes'
Not so keen on the Specials one. Has no relevance to Robins. If you use it in terms of Robins then "The Specials One" makes no sense to my mind. Two tone flag and Specials and everyone is just gong to think "Specials"

Sent to Coventry is the best one in my opinion .

lifeskyblue

I’m with Otis on the ‘sent to Coventry’. Most relevant for Robins.
The 2Tone idea is great bit not clearly tied in to CCFC but is to Coventry
all depends on the purpose of it; Robins could leave tomorrow and it would become redundant. On the other hand his achievements in his second spell should be recognised in some way.
Would we even have considered 2Tone if it wasn’t for the 3rd kit this season?

Ah well there will just have to be two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Not so keen on the Specials one. Has no relevance to Robins. If you use it in terms of Robins then "The Specials One" makes no sense to my mind. Two tone flag and Specials and everyone is just gong to think "Specials"

Sent to Coventry is the best one in my opinion .
Actually I think you’re right on reflection

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Even if he leaves I think l it would still be something that would be used as he pretty.much is a legend at.this point

100% agree. Chelsea and Liverpool for example still had/have banners that celebrate Frank Lampard and Gerrard respectively even after they moved on. Robins has made it as a Cov legend as far as I’m concerned and I’ll always remember his contribution to our history, saving us from what I think would have been oblivion and of course - 3 trophies in 3 years!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don't rate the sent to Coventry personally has negative connotations and it feels a bit emotionless after everything he's done for the club. Should be more fun like the specials one or 'rising from the ashes'

I think ‘Sent to Coventry’ is on the right lines but it’s maybe lacking something before or after. That phrase in itself doesn’t pay homage to Robins and could have been stuck on a banner when he rejoined us.... I think it can work with something before or after maybe - example:

Sent to Coventry.
Robins, Leader, Legend.

Otis

Same here. I don't think it makes sense. He wasn't sent here. He came voluntarily.
It's just turning the phrase on its head and making it something positive though.

I think it really fits well. It's a well-known phrase and we are just claiming it as our own. Sent to Coventry to do a job for us and boy has he done it.

It's not quite "We are Millwall, no-one likes us", but it has that same vibe of using something and utilising it for something "positive."

And it does make sense if you use it from his perspective. He applied and got the job here, so was sent to Coventry by our board. He will feel he was sent here to turn our fortunes round. So, in a literal sense, he was brought here to do a job, but we are using the renowned phrase to make it more personal.

I really like it.

Ring Of Steel

i may try and use that if that's ok

I think its smart, a very good idea. A controversial point I know however we have a flag of Jimmy Hill up and Robins has already won more than Hill, and if he stays 2 more seasons he'll have been in charge for more games. I know, I'm not saying Robins is better etc, but the fact is that Robins owns about 30% of our entire trophy cabinet now.

Why not have Hill, Sillett and Robins, to emphasise the point that its not just about Robins, but as far as we're concerned legends never leave?

Users who are viewing this thread