cricket 2023 (3 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Good first couple of days at Nottingham declared over 500 and some lively hitting from Ali to set the declaration, Notts three down Ali has two including an absolute beauty to Clarke.

chiefdave

Got to admit as they were inching towards 600 I thought they'd left the declaration too late but we Notts 5 down before they hit 3 figures its looking good as long as the thunderstorms don't interrupt things

Terry Gibson's perm

The good thing was just before lunch Ali put his foot down so we didn’t waste a lot of time

SkyBlueSoul

No real surprises there

9925f399c13d98963eea2b2c5152de5c.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Just switched on and Brook chases a wide one and Head drops an easy one (in the modern game)

tisza

Sums up bazball. Attacking out of a potentially difficult situation. Put yourselves on a nice position with a healthy scoring rate. Then walk past a ball that didn't really need playing at - having just edged one. Dull it isn't!!! Root again reverse sweeping like there's no tomorrow - Boland not slow.

tisza

It's just insane. First day of first Ashes Test and it's "here's who we are now - what you got?". Could backfire spectacularly if they bat 2 days for 600 but it's just enthralling atm.

David O'Day

It's just insane. First day of first Ashes Test and it's "here's who we are now - what you got?". Could backfire spectacularly if they bat 2 days for 600 but it's just enthralling atm.
win or die trying

no more bat the day out and staying safe

chiefdave

Day 4 could be a risky investment
I go to Edgbaston regularly. Got offered hospitality for day 4 earlier in the week for less than 25% of the price it was originally. Fair to say people are wary of paying for what only be an hour or two or potentially even a game over in 3 days

Finham

I think it's just a bit wasteful. We could have got an extra 50+ runs there with Root still there. I did like seeing the bemused Aussie reactions to everything, though! Very "Alright, mate..."

It's ridiculous that David Warner looks like one of the most orthodox batsmen on display because at least his early fours are straight and along the ground.

SkyBlueSoul

A brilliant session all things considered, great advert for Test cricket. I’ve got Day 1 tickets for Old Trafford, regret not snapping up a couple of the extra day 2/3 tickets that got released a couple of weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread