Crewe will not be a walk over. (1 Viewer)

CAFC

Since you have been relegated from the prem, these are just a few of the places we've been to and won;

Cardiff, Palace, Burnley, Derby, Forest, West Brom, Leeds, Coventry, Birmingham, Blackburn, Stoke, Bristol City, Bolton, and more (can't remember tbh).

Dario is still here, our assistant manager is still here, most of our coaches are still here, and the fans are still here. We've experienced it all before.

I think what we need to remember is Crewe are a League 1 team. They're at the same level as us. We cant underestimate them or they'll come back and bite us on the arse(literally, they're from crewe afterall), so we need to keep our focus and score as many goals as we can. Dont get the lead and just defend for the rest of the game.We need to take calculated risks and push for more, cus theres no guarentees in these games

spit

Ummm are we supposed to be impressed by that list? Most of them were beneath us a short while ago. As for the hiding to nothing games, we've walloped a few prem sides in recent years, including Manure at their own ground... and the away support was awesome.

We won't take you for granted, you can be sure of that. What should worry you is that your side takes US for granted.

CAFC

Ummm are we supposed to be impressed by that list? Most of them were beneath us a short while ago. As for the hiding to nothing games, we've walloped a few prem sides in recent years, including Manure at their own ground... and the away support was awesome.

We won't take you for granted, you can be sure of that. What should worry you is that your side takes US for granted.

No of course not. Just reminding you lot, like you lot keep pointing out about yourselves, that we, going by our recent history, are under also under performing. Do you lot honestly not remember playing us over the years? Are you all that young?

We will not be intimidated. I expect you to win, but I can assure you, we have been there, and we have done it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No of course not. Just reminding you lot, like you lot keep pointing out about yourselves, that we, going by our recent history, are under also under performing. Do you lot honestly not remember playing us over the years? Are you all that young?

We will not be intimidated. I expect you to win, but I can assure you, we have been there, and we have done it.
Or maybe you were just over performing in those years?

CAFC

Perhaps so. Hell of an over performance though, ten years.

And that's my point. The club has the experience. A lot of our employees have the experience. Us fans have seen it all before. CAFC won't be over awed. Will you beat us? Probably. Are you a better team than us? Yes, I think so. But we can handle ourselves. We're not little Crewe any more, and we haven't been since the late 80's early 90's.

Astute

Perhaps so. Hell of an over performance though, ten years.

And that's my point. The club has the experience. A lot of our employees have the experience. Us fans have seen it all before. CAFC won't be over awed. Will you beat us? Probably. Are you a better team than us? Yes, I think so. But we can handle ourselves. We're not little Crewe any more, and we haven't been since the late 80's early 90's.

You are getting most of us wrong.

We have not finished in the top 6 in any division for nearly 50 years. We have had 1 successful season in all this time. We have been in relegation battles in most of these years. Now suddenly we are climbing the league table and have got a nosebleed. We are one step away from Wembley. We are beating all the teams at the top of the table lately. Scunny had a player that ran us ragged and we lost to 2 goals he scored. So we signed him :p He is getting a goal a game for us. Just put 2 past Sheff Utd for us to beat them 2-1 away.

It is not that we don't respect Crewe. We are expecting it to be close. It is just our confidence is high at the moment. We know we can beat anyone in this division. Lots of our fans have never seen success of any kind. They have reason to get excited.

I hope we have two good games, the fans enjoy themselves and the winning team goes on to lift the tinpot.

Users who are viewing this thread