Crewe will not be a walk over. (1 Viewer)

Fluffsta

I think some people here really think we will cruise through the 2 legs and onto Wembley but I think it's going to be a very tight affair.

Crewe are on the same current form as Cov over the last 6 games in L1 and also could go above us in L1 if they win their game in hand over us. I am sure we maybe have the edge in depth in talent on the bench but I relly do think we are going to have to work our socks off like never before to get to Wembley.

Astute

It will be closer than some think. We are favorites to win the tinpot. Crewe are second favorites. This is very unusual as we are playing each other to get to the final. What the bookies are saying is the winner between us will win the tinpot.

I still think with the massive crowd behind us we will win the first leg. If we can win by a couple of goals we should make it to the final and lift the tinpot.

Astute

If we play like we have recently it could be fun :p

SkyBlueRabb5

Just to add another thought... do you think the large crowd could put them off? Big pressure & not used to 30k at home? Really hope it doesn't cos I'm nervous already, but it's something that's at the back of my mind!

Otis

I think some people here really think we will cruise through the 2 legs and onto Wembley but I think it's going to be a very tight affair.

Crewe are on the same current form as Cov over the last 6 games in L1 and also could go above us in L1 if they win their game in hand over us. I am sure we maybe have the edge in depth in talent on the bench but I relly do think we are going to have to work our socks off like never before to get to Wembley.

No shit Sherlock.

People are not saying it will be a walk over. Many are however saying our name is on the cup and that is quite something different.

There is just a belief that come what may we will find a way through and come out victorious.

I fully expect us to win on Tuesday. Not arrogance, not being disrespectful to Crewe. Just based on our desire, a crowd of 30,000+ and the hunger for success that we haven't had now for so many years.

Crewe fans haven't even been that interested in the tie. For us, it is massive, cos it will finally throw off the shackles and tag of perennial losers.

We will win. Simple as that.

Don't care if it is going to be a 'tight afffair' or not. We will be victorious.

Astute

Just to add another thought... do you think the large crowd could put them off? Big pressure & not used to 30k at home? Really hope it doesn't cos I'm nervous already, but it's something that's at the back of my mind!

And how often do Crewe play with about 30,000 opposition fans getting behind their opponents? When was the last time they even played to a full stadium, let alone one as big as ours.

Steve.B50

Am sure the games will e tight but what we don't want to do is get on there backs if we go behind, imagine 30k people booing, if we go down by a goal we need everyone to keep singing.?
The Crewe manager will tell his team to try and get the crown to turn on the team, every time we touch the ball we need cheers.
Do not think we will freeze but with so many going who do not normally go to games some might get frustrated if things do not go the way they expect.
Happy with a 3-3 draw as confident we will win away.

Otis

Am sure the games will e tight but what we don't want to do is get on there backs if we go behind, imagine 30k people booing, if we go down by a goal we need everyone to keep singing.?
The Crewe manager will tell his team to try and get the crown to turn on the team, every time we touch the ball we need cheers.
Do not think we will freeze but with so many going who do not normally go to games some might get frustrated if things do not go the way they expect.
Happy with a 3-3 draw as confident we will win away.

Are Liz and Phil going then? :eek:

hutch1972

Think we will sneak it overall against a good Crewe team , reason being that we as a club want it more , you can almost taste the desperation we have for a bit of success.
Having said that Crewe have been warming to the game over the last few days and have only 400 tickets left of their allocation. Tuesday will give us a good idea of what kind of support we can muster should the good times return.
Been a supporter since the mid 70s and cant remember looking forward so much to a game (certainly for a decade or so), there wont be many more times we will have this many sky blues fans at home in one game so lets make it count !!!

Steve.B50

Hutch1972
Know what you mean, feeling of excitement in the air and have found myself planning my Tuesday already and not just home from work, bite of tea and casual wander up to the ground.
We want this and I can actually taste the win.
But I am also very sad and will be looking forward to the next game after Tuesday. Lol

SkyBlue_Bear83

Crewe are a side who like to play good football, they aren't going to be as big an physical as Sheffield an Oldham which should play into our hands

cafc_28

I think it will be a close tie over the 2 legs. However I think you will need to be leading after the first leg otherwise you will struggle because we have won 8 drawn 2 lost 4 at home with a good defensive record conceding just 12.

What you've all got to remember is that we're actually better away. If we have any kind of lead after the first leg then if we play as we have been doing it's goodnight Crewe. They will have to attack us 2nd leg and the game should really be open, perfect for us.

Gaz

Exactly !
I'm more nervous about the home leg rather than the game at Crewe.

hutch1972

I think it will be a close tie over the 2 legs. However I think you will need to be leading after the first leg otherwise you will struggle because we have won 8 drawn 2 lost 4 at home with a good defensive record conceding just 12.

Welcome to our forum, we always enjoy sensible banter with our opponents.
As you have been told our away record is the 3rd best in the league and we have scored more goals away than anybody else, so i'm going for a 2nd leg 0-0 !!

NuneatonSkyBlue

League 2 Play off final Wembley 2012 - they won it.

But Wembley wasn't a sell out that day so i imagine it would of felt like the ricoh does every week. A decent crowd but lost amongst the empty seat. Tuesday will be completely different the ricoh will be full to the rafters and the atmosphere will be full of anticipation and excitement, at least at the start anyway.

Edit: the attendance at the playoff final last year was just over 24k

Last edited:

Astute

League 2 Play off final Wembley 2012 - they won it.

We just beat Sheff Utd. We keep beating the sides at.or near the top. These are not Div 4 games. These are not Div 4 sides.

I ask again. When did tthey last play in front of 30,000 fans? When did they last play in front of a sellout crowd?

By the sound of it they will be lucky to have 5% of the fans at the game. Yet we could have sold more tickets and they could have some unsold.

Gint11

No shit Sherlock.

People are not saying it will be a walk over. Many are however saying our name is on the cup and that is quite something different.

There is just a belief that come what may we will find a way through and come out victorious.

I fully expect us to win on Tuesday. Not arrogance, not being disrespectful to Crewe. Just based on our desire, a crowd of 30,000+ and the hunger for success that we haven't had now for so many years.

Crewe fans haven't even been that interested in the tie. For us, it is massive, cos it will finally throw off the shackles and tag of perennial losers.

We will win. Simple as that.

Don't care if it is going to be a 'tight afffair' or not. We will be victorious.

Yeah tell that to my finger nails!

CAFC

We just beat Sheff Utd. We keep beating the sides at.or near the top. These are not Div 4 games. These are not Div 4 sides.

I ask again. When did tthey last play in front of 30,000 fans? When did they last play in front of a sellout crowd?

By the sound of it they will be lucky to have 5% of the fans at the game. Yet we could have sold more tickets and they could have some unsold.

When did you last play in front of 30,000 fans? When did you last play in front of a sellout crowd? You're in EXACTLY the same position as us.

You seem to forget we were a Championship team for 10 years not so long ago. We've played much bigger games in our recent history, including a certain last day game against yourselves!

3rd paragraph. What's your point? Over 300k people live in Cov, around 60k live in Crewe. So of course your team will generate more interest.

And for the people who think we play good football. We don't. Haven't done for a long time. This league is awful. We're really not very good. You should win over 2 legs.

NuneatonSkyBlue

When did you last play in front of 30,000 fans? When did you last play in front of a sellout crowd? You're in EXACTLY the same position as us.

You seem to forget we were a Championship team for 10 years not so long ago. We've played much bigger games in our recent history, including a certain last day game against yourselves!

3rd paragraph. What's your point? Over 300k people live in Cov, around 60k live in Crewe. So of course your team will generate more interest.

And for the people who think we play good football. We don't. Haven't done for a long time. This league is awful. We're really not very good. You should win over 2 legs.

Just going to point out that at arsenal in the carling cup there was 58,351 and at Tottenham there was 35,766 in the fa cup, both this season.

NuneatonSkyBlue

Yes we cant deny that, however his first paragraph asks when did we last play in front of 30,000 so i gave answers. The fact we were hammered, in regards to the comment, is completely irrelevant.

CAFC

Didn't know that. You win!

Those games meant naff all though, always on a hiding to nothing.

Astonishes me how much more prepared for this you lot think you are. Last 12 years, there is really not much between us. Must have been in the same league as each other for at least half those years?

Users who are viewing this thread