Crewe V SKYBLUES ... MATCH thread........... (2 Viewers)

wingy

A tactical substitution? So soon in to a game? I could get used to this!

Cody don't look impressed though
The thing Is Sw if we're being ruthless as the chairman intimates ,then Cody's conversion rate from the guilt edged chances he's had this season are below expectation,so i'm not totally surprised he's been subbed twice alreadt this season.

devonrich

Bloody hell.............Now we are arguing whether we are a big club or not. Nobody has ever cared about coventry except coventry .....but same could be said for dozens of 'big clubs'. Who cares....we believe, we support, get behind them.

hill83

Yeh its been done before but do people listen?

I'm afraid they dont, so people like myself will continue to say it...

What do you want people to say or do? Tell me now, I'll do it then you can stop wasting yours and everyone else's time.

RichieGunns

Bloody hell.............Now we are arguing whether we are a big club or not. Nobody has ever cared about coventry except coventry .....but same could be said for dozens of 'big clubs'. Who cares....we believe, we support, get behind them.

Very true but it doesn't stop people from deluding themselves in to thinking we're better than everyone that we play.

We have a good team but its not proving its worth yet and just because we have a good team doesn't make us better...

Anyway that aside i think on this showing, we're just not good enough right now to even consider promotion in any form.

Paxman II

We haven't been a big club since our relegation from the premiership.

People who say we are, are deluded. Sorry but Cov haven't acted or played like a big club since the day we were relegated.

They're are plenty of teams that have strong squads but aren't considered big clubs.

Just because we play in a big, uptodate stadium doesn't make us a big club either.

You give me some reasons why we're a big club and ill concede your point...if they're good points that is ;)

It has nothing to do with premiership staus Richie, you are looking at it wrongly. Coventry is a big club by City standing alone and support (when we play well!) It's never going to be a small town club is it? We are not a big team anymore and that's a different concept. Haven't been a big team since the prem days but we now have what is agreed by all the xperts and commentators we have a strong team now and in this league would appear to be the biigest club in it with arguably Sheff Utd.

RichieGunns

What do you want people to say or do? Tell me now, I'll do it then you can stop wasting yours and everyone else's time.

It's not that simple...

Saying something to shut someone up isn't the same as saying it and actually meaning it...

People are still going to think we're better regardless of what you say and the same goes for me...

But i wont shut up just because you tell me too ;)

RichieGunns

It has nothing to do with premiership staus Richie, you are looking at it wrongly. Coventry is a big club by City standing alone and support (when we play well!) It's never going to be a small town club is it? We are not a big team anymore and that's a different concept. Haven't been a big team since the prem days but we now have what is agreed by all the xperts and commentators we have a strong team now and in this league would appear to be the biigest club in it with arguably Sheff Utd.

Ok i conceed your point.

We're a big club because of location but not a big team.

Yes we have a large team and it has been lauded as a very good team but if they don't play to their potential then we have no right to say we're better than those we play.

Respect is due to every team we play. Sure, beat the living daylights out of them and give them no room to play but by all means do not under estimate them.

A lot of city fans under estimated Yeovil and they made us pay for it...now they're under estimating Crewe and again they're also making us pay...

hill83

Yep, the fans underestimating Yeovil affected the game. Nothing to do with them playing well and us not so well.

Paxman II

So they lose their captain and best player yesterday to Villa and we arrive on the back on a win over Brum in style and we are losing?

....I give up trying to make reason out of it!

Otis

We do need to stop saying it's only Crewe though, it's only Bury etc.

We are a League one club now whichever way you dress it up.

Think when you are a Prem club and you're playing Crewe then you can say it's only Crewe. We're not.

Even if we are favourites in games it;s not by much.

RichieGunns

Yep, the fans underestimating Yeovil affected the game. Nothing to do with them playing well and us not so well.

Its not just the fans...its the players too...

Also the fans expectations affect the players...the booing...the fans telling players their shit (baker is effected by this).

Also the players may (or may not) go into games thinking they'll win it easy because its Crewe etc...

Everything has a knock on effect and so many factors are involved in those effects...

Paxman II

yep agree with that richie but not so sure we are underestimating Crewe are we? We are simply not turning up again by the sounds of it.
very disappointing to say the least and if Shaw can't get them to tirn up 2 games in a row he's not better at it than AT was sadly. We need an experienced head at the helm with stature who commands performances from his players and nothing less.

kinda like leeds 0-2 down at home but now 3-2 up....Warnock who else? We need similar experience and stature love it or hate it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A lot of city fans under estimated Yeovil and they made us pay for it...now they're under estimating Crewe and again they're also making us pay...
These were a team who finished 7th in league 2 last season and arguably weakened their squad with the loss of their captain yesterday and talisman in Nick Powell over the summer.

We have 3 or 4 times the budget of Crewe and are not making it show on the pitch.

spit

Hussey needs to be "rested". For a season, preferably. Considering the Birmingham game, this is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread