Crewe match player ratings (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Am I the only one who thought Murphy looked a bit lazy when he came on?

He had no intention of tracking back that's for sure!!!

Also should have ran to the corner rather than trying to beat about 3 players with a couple of minutes to go.

stupot07

More just a tad nervous I thought eventually got his mojo .

Agreed. Seemed to eager to make an impact.

I must say though we need to get more men in the box, at times we had it out wide, we cross it and Armstrongs the only one in there. Thought Mowbray alluded to it too, when they were talking about spectacular goals and lack of tap ins, and he said we'll need to score plenty of tap ins going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SBS

Fleck man of the match for me. Looks a completely different player! Think having Vincelot next to him has made all the difference.

Stokes is fast becoming my favourite player. I'd rather his defending was better than his attacking!

Juggernaut

Burge - 6

Willis - 6 - At fault for the goal, not good enough on the ball.
Ricketts - 7
Reda - 6
Stokes -8

Vincelot - 8
Fleck - 9 - MOTM

O'Brien - 8.5
Maddison - 8
Lameiras - 6

Armstrong - 8

Murphy - 6
Tudgay - 5

Could have been a lot more comfortable, Crewe created little throughout. We controlled the game. Miles apart from the shit we had to endure last season.

Evo1883

Man of the match Romain Vincelot ...he is the reason we can afford to attack so confidently , he is the central spine of this team and his work goes unnoticed because of our flair players ..9/10

Otis

Man of the match Romain Vincelot ...he is the reason we can afford to attack so confidently , he is the central spine of this team and his work goes unnoticed because of our flair players ..9/10

He's very quickly becoming my favourite Sky Blue player I have to say. He makes a world of difference to the midfield.

Calista

I was proud of the whole team tonight, and it seems like many a long year since I could say that. I’d actually forgotten what entertainment even felt like.

If I had to give special praise, it would be for Fleck (he’s always had the skill, so why couldn’t he attain this level of fitness before?), Maddison (what a talent) and O’Brien (who was outstanding from start to finish).

Sutty

Burge 7 - did nothing wrong

Willis 6 - caught out for their second
Ricketts 6 - looked calm and assured, with enough mistakes to make me not very calm. Will definitely play better.
Johnson 7 - good battle with Haber
Stokes 8 - thought he was great. Could even have had a goal or two.

Fleck 9 - brilliant
Vincelot 8

O'Brien 8
Maddison 8 - superb first half. Took the absolute piss, was just walking past defenders.
Lameiras 7

Armstrong 8 - a bit too good for this level

ccfcrob

Fleck was outstanding today for me. He looks like he has lost 2 stone over the summer. MOTM

SkyBlueRuffian

Burge 6
willis 6
stokes 7
ricketts 7
johnson 7
fleck 8
vincelot 7
lameiras 6
o'brien 9
maddison 8
armstrong 8

murphy 7
tudgay 6
morris 6

Otis

Willis was at fault for the second goal.

Yep, just watched the highlights and have now marked him down accordingly.

Also, on watching the highlights and slo moing it, I think that maybe Burge could have done more for Crewe's first goal. It was still a pearler of a shot, but I think he might be a little disappointed he didn't make more of an effort to dive full length to try and stop it.

covcity4life

burge - 6 - didnt have a lot to do but when called upon didnt make the big big saves so has to be a 6 for me. kicking not great either. good tip over though at 1 point. still possible weak link

stokes - 9 - brilliant performance. ran tirelessly, played well with ball at feet,good link up,dangerous crosses,reached byline alot.

ricketts - 8 - a class act, nice to have a ball playing defender even if he wasnt as good with ball as he was against wigan with ball at his feet as i wa assured by my cousin)

reda johnson - 9 - brilliant at the back,and make no mistake whilst he sometimes loses ball due to going 100mph this guy has technical skills too whilst having the option to be a brute too. too think some fans wanted to get rid ahahahahah

willis - 6 - doesnt offer much going forwards and lost most physical battles at the back too, another position that may require personal change at some point. imagine we had a stokes at rb too after all?

fleck - 9 - our xavi,ran the show and has the 3 yard burst down to a tee like the barca midfielders! not bad for a fat lad eh?

vincelot - 8 - at first i felt he wasnt technically up to it as he played some over hit passes in first 10 but he really came into the game and i like how even if he isnt a fleck or a maddison he still takes responsibility to drive the team up the pitch. didnt see much in way of crunching tackles like i was expecting. maybe this game didnt need it.

JOB - 9 - worked like a dog,but not headless anymore. had lots of chances,some clear cut and some long rangers that he made himself. in great form

lameries - 6 - bright start but faded, if he had scored his great chance he probably would have gone froms trength to strength, still a great signing for us

maddison - 8 - brilliant game from the lad. i love how he drops deep to get the ball, means we have two playmakers in middle and less pressure on fleck to do everything creative. also some amazing slalom runs that were messi like.

armstrong - 8 - when he has the ball he is an absolute threat, my first time seeing him and he has so much tehcnical attributes on top of his pace. can make something from nothing.

subs

murphy - 6 - struggled at first and obviously with only 1 training session he wasnt quite up to how we defend wthout the ball but look at it this way, the guy helped set up a goal vs millwall and yday vs crew. he also laid on two great crosses accross 6 yard boxin both games that could have been tucked away. yesterday he was robbed of an additional assist froma amzing save on stokes by keeper and he also nearly scored ins toppage time. his pace is also frightening. will be very good for us this season. maybe even starts soon over lameries?

overall best cov display i have seen in over a decade, it was amazing to watch and made the fans proud

Houdi

burge - 6 - didnt have a lot to do but when called upon didnt make the big big saves so has to be a 6 for me. kicking not great either. good tip over though at 1 point. still possible weak link

stokes - 9 - brilliant performance. ran tirelessly, played well with ball at feet,good link up,dangerous crosses,reached byline alot.

ricketts - 8 - a class act, nice to have a ball playing defender even if he wasnt as good with ball as he was against wigan with ball at his feet as i wa assured by my cousin)

reda johnson - 9 - brilliant at the back,and make no mistake whilst he sometimes loses ball due to going 100mph this guy has technical skills too whilst having the option to be a brute too. too think some fans wanted to get rid ahahahahah

willis - 6 - doesnt offer much going forwards and lost most physical battles at the back too, another position that may require personal change at some point. imagine we had a stokes at rb too after all?

fleck - 9 - our xavi,ran the show and has the 3 yard burst down to a tee like the barca midfielders! not bad for a fat lad eh?

vincelot - 8 - at first i felt he wasnt technically up to it as he played some over hit passes in first 10 but he really came into the game and i like how even if he isnt a fleck or a maddison he still takes responsibility to drive the team up the pitch. didnt see much in way of crunching tackles like i was expecting. maybe this game didnt need it.

JOB - 9 - worked like a dog,but not headless anymore. had lots of chances,some clear cut and some long rangers that he made himself. in great form

lameries - 6 - bright start but faded, if he had scored his great chance he probably would have gone froms trength to strength, still a great signing for us

maddison - 8 - brilliant game from the lad. i love how he drops deep to get the ball, means we have two playmakers in middle and less pressure on fleck to do everything creative. also some amazing slalom runs that were messi like.

armstrong - 8 - when he has the ball he is an absolute threat, my first time seeing him and he has so much tehcnical attributes on top of his pace. can make something from nothing.

subs

murphy - 6 - struggled at first and obviously with only 1 training session he wasnt quite up to how we defend wthout the ball but look at it this way, the guy helped set up a goal vs millwall and yday vs crew. he also laid on two great crosses accross 6 yard boxin both games that could have been tucked away. yesterday he was robbed of an additional assist froma amzing save on stokes by keeper and he also nearly scored ins toppage time. his pace is also frightening. will be very good for us this season. maybe even starts soon over lameries?

overall best cov display i have seen in over a decade, it was amazing to watch and made the fans proud
Concur with most of that, struggling to remember a better performance or a more enjoyable game since we moved to the Ricoh. Some of our play was as good as you would expect at Premiership level.
The only slight worry to me, is the performance level of Willis, offers very little going forward, especially when compared to Stokes who was outstanding last night, showing a constant desire to get forward. Willis can't be faulted for his effort or desire, but always looks uncomfortable on the ball, and long term I feel Phillips would be a better option.
Mowbray is a hugely experienced manager with some success at other clubs, but to be fair the same could be levelled at Coleman,Dowie and a certain Peter Reid had successful peirods at both Man City and Sunderland. But so far he has been virtually faultless.
He got rid of all the deadwood, and the change in Fleck and O'Brien is simply unbelievable. Fleck now looks like a top class midfield player with a goal threat rather than the plodding carthorse under Pressley. Like a lot of fans I saw O'Brien as a headless chicken, running round a lot achieving very little, now he is more disciplined and looks a real threat with 2 wonderful goals.
All of Mowbray's new signings already look quality, Ricketts calm and assured, Vincelot hard working plays the holding role perfectly freeing up Fleck to get forward, and the Armstrong signing simply inspired.
Finally Maddison if he continues his development the Sky's the limit for him, his first touch ,ability to take the ball under pressure and yet still find space is already top notch. Some of the things he did last night were mesmeric, and he alone last night was worth the admission money.
Whether we can maintain this wonderful start is one thing, but what now can't be open to doubt is this side will entertain and how. Going to see the Sky Blues is now something to really look forward too, rather than something to endure. PUSB

covcity4life

Concur with most of that, struggling to remember a better performance or a more enjoyable game since we moved to the Ricoh. Some of our play was as good as you would expect at Premiership level.
The only slight worry to me, is the performance level of Willis, offers very little going forward, especially when compared to Stokes who was outstanding last night, showing a constant desire to get forward. Willis can't be faulted for his effort or desire, but always looks uncomfortable on the ball, and long term I feel Phillips would be a better option.
Mowbray is a hugely experienced manager with some success at other clubs, but to be fair the same could be levelled at Coleman,Dowie and a certain Peter Reid had successful peirods at both Man City and Sunderland. But so far he has been virtually faultless.
He got rid of all the deadwood, and the change in Fleck and O'Brien is simply unbelievable. Fleck now looks like a top class midfield player with a goal threat rather than the plodding carthorse under Pressley. Like a lot of fans I saw O'Brien as a headless chicken, running round a lot achieving very little, now he is more disciplined and looks a real threat with 2 wonderful goals.
All of Mowbray's new signings already look quality, Ricketts calm and assured, Vincelot hard working plays the holding role perfectly freeing up Fleck to get forward, and the Armstrong signing simply inspired.
Finally Maddison if he continues his development the Sky's the limit for him, his first touch ,ability to take the ball under pressure and yet still find space is already top notch. Some of the things he did last night were mesmeric, and he alone last night was worth the admission money.
Whether we can maintain this wonderful start is one thing, but what now can't be open to doubt is this side will entertain and how. Going to see the Sky Blues is now something to really look forward too, rather than something to endure. PUSB

spot on mate! i was smiling reading the last few lines!

an atatcking rightback and this team is almost complete, might have to wait till xmass though.

ccfc_Tom

Burge 7
Willis 5
Ricketts 5
Johnson 7
Stokes 9

Fleck 10
Vincelot 8

O'Brien 9
Maddison 7
Lameiras 7

Armstrong 8