Crewe match player ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Burge -7

Willis - 6. Thought he had a very, very solid game. But was definitely at fault for their second goal, so have adjusted my score for him and knocked a couple of points off.

Ricketts - 6. A little bit error riddled tonight.

Reda- 6. See above. Both made a few errors that could have easily cost us.

Stokes - 7. Very steady game and linked up with the attack nicely too.

Fleck - 9. Thought he was tremendous. Always there to get a foot in, played with zip and energy and kept the ball moving really well when linking up between the defence and the attack.

Lameiras - 6. Started brightly, but really should have scored. Faded a little in the second half.

Vincelot - 8. Excellent yet again. A real find this guy and a key cog to everything good we are doing.

JOB - 9. Started the game well and was nice and bright on the left flank. Second half he was like a man possessed and nearly everything good we did came through him. Fully deserved his winning goal too.

Maddison - 8. Thought he was brilliant in the first half and all our good play was coming through him. He was a real thorn in the Crewe defence. Faded a little as the game wore on, but still warrants and 8 for me.

Armstrong - 7. Worked tirelessly and though a lot of stuff didn't quite come off for him, it was yet again a great goal to put us back in the lead at 2-1.

Last edited:

zuni

I would also give the crewe fans a 10, when they did the remembrance on 15mins they all joined in and some had made a banner in support...good show in my book...but then again I am a soppy old fart

FRY-CCFC

Burge - 7
Willis - 7
Ricketts - 7
Reda - 6
Stokes - 7
Vincelot - 7
Fleck - 9
Lameiras - 7
Maddison - 8
JOB - 9
Arma - 8

Murphy - 6

Osullivan18

Burge 6
Distribution much better tonight

Willis 7
Gets a fair bit of stick in the stands but solid game tonight

Rickets 6
Looked dodgy tonight

Johnson 7
Thought he was decent tonight

Stokes 7
Battled well down the left, should have scored I think

Fleck 9
Class performance, deserved a goal

Vincelot 8
Very good signing, don't like the dissent towards the ref though

O'Brien 9
Brilliant tonight, linked well with stokes down the left and took his chance well. Should have scored earlier in the game though

Maddison 7

Great in the first half, performance dropped second half though

Lamieres 6

Lively at times, battles well

Armstrong 8

Good performance and another goal

Grendel

Vincelote was the best player - in the second half he gave a superb midfield performance.

Grendel

But Willis I don't think put a foot wrong did he? Whereas Reda made a few errors that nearly cost us.

Willis was at fault for the second goal.

hill83

Looks like Lameiras bonked Otis' wife.

Give Ricketts and Reda a 6.5 if that's allowed and I agree with the rest.

JOB and Fleck look like new men. 9 each but Fleck was MOM for me.

Otis

Looks like Lameiras bonked Otis' wife.

Give Ricketts and Reda a 6.5 if that's allowed and I agree with the rest.

JOB and Fleck look like new men. 9 each but Fleck was MOM for me.

LOL. No, I like him. Thought he showed some great touches tonight, but was also dispossessed a few times and he really, really should have hit the target with that great chance he had.

Just thought he wasn't in the game in the second half.

skyblue1991

Agree with the above. The two centre backs were the weak links tonight, though Burge still sometimes worries me.

Fleck was definitely my MOTM. Such an improvement on last season and that is largely down to Vincelot who also played excellent.

First time I have seen us have a decent midfield for a very long time!

hill83

LOL. No, I like him. Thought he showed some great touches tonight, but was also dispossessed a few times and he really, really should have hit the target with that great chance he had.

Just thought he wasn't in the game in the second half.

He did though.

Nick

Administrator
I agree about Fleck, he was everywhere. His fitness levels have shot up.

Some of the touches he was taking around players also, and capped it off with a decent goal!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge 6- Other than conceding two not a lot to do, did make a crucial save at 2-2
Willis 6- At fault for second goal
Ricketts 7- Not as assured as his first performance, still think he will be a massive player for us though
Reda 6- Good battle against Haber, he couldn't dominate the striker as he normally tries to do but stood up well to him for most of the match
Stokes 6- Solid defensively, had so much endeavor going forward but his one major flaw tonight was a severe lack of quality in the final third. He got into fantastic position about 6 or 7 times tonight and almost every time his final cross/pass was extremely poor or he made the wrong decision and shot when he should have pulled it back
Fleck 8- Superb for most of the match, the energy and desire he showed for the first goal was brilliant. He should have got nowhere near it really but just came steaming in and this typified his whole performance
Vincelot 8- Not as spectacular as Fleck but done a great job in the second half when Crewe looked to be getting a foothold in the match
Lameiras 7- Didn't quite come off for him tonight
Maddison 7- Superb for about 60 minutes or so and then went missing
JOB 8.5- MOTM for me, thought he was outstanding
Armstrong 7- Crewe done a good job at trying to nullify him but still managed to squeeze a goal in

Grendel

Burge 6- Other than conceding two not a lot to do, did make a crucial save at 2-2
Ricketts 7- Not as assured as his first performance, still think he will be a massive player for us though
Reda 6- Good battle against Haber, he couldn't dominate the striker as he normally tries to do but stood up well to him for most of the match
Stokes 6- Solid defensively, had so much endeavor going forward but his one major flaw tonight was a severe lack of quality in the final third. He got into fantastic position about 6 or 7 times tonight and almost every time his final cross/pass was extremely poor or he made the wrong decision and shot when he should have pulled it back
Fleck 8- Superb for most of the match, the energy and desire he showed for the first goal was brilliant. He should have got nowhere near it really but just came steaming in and this typified his whole performance
Vincelot 8- Not as spectacular as Fleck but done a great job in the second half when Crewe looked to be getting a foothold in the match
Armstrong 7- Crewe done a good job at trying to nullify him but still managed to squeeze a goal in

Stokes was a lot better than a 6

Otis

Fair assessment i would say. I really do need to see that second Crewe goal again, cause when the ball was coming over Ricketts and Reda were appealing for offside and looking towards the linesman and I momentarily did the same thing. If he was at fault I would knock a couple of marks off him for sure.

Seemed to be a bit of a collective defensive mess from what I recall anyway wasn't it?

wingy

Did Burge think their first was going wide or was It really out of reach?
Willis wasn't really backed up by anyone for that one and It was far too easy for the guy to score unchallenged.
As usual Crewe made It hard for us and we're a decent passing side themselves, I was surprised by the possession stats.

woody11462

I've heard Armstrong has been told to cut his performances down to a 'goal a game' to increase the chances of Newcastle allowing him to stay for the season.

junglej13

Echo what most have said - Fleck was superb. Also think Stokes has been an unsung hero. He has really impressed me.

SkyBlue_Bear83

His general play was around a 7/8, his final ball/decision making in the final third was a 4/5. We could have had 4 or 5 more clear chances at goal if his quality was better. He was right in front of me in the second half and every time he got into a great position (credit goes to him for that) he failed to deliver, you could see Armstrong an co. getting frustratesd it was a common theme in the second half.

stupot07

Burge 6
Willis 6
Ricketts 7
Reda 6
Stokes 7
Vincelot 8
Fleck 8
Lameires 6
Maddison 8
JOB 8.5
Armstrong 7

Subs
Murphy 6
Morris 6
Tudguy 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
His general play was around a 7/8, his final ball/decision making in the final third was a 4/5. We could have had 4 or 5 more clear chances at goal if his quality was better. He was right in front of me in the second half and every time he got into a great position (credit goes to him for that) he failed to deliver, you could see Armstrong an co. getting frustratesd it was a common theme in the second half.

I thought something was up, when we scored the third he walked back to our half while everybody else celebrated!

wingy

I really like Stokes mote to his game than just defending. He may have done better with a couple of crosses or a pullback but he's confident and useful at the set piece
That close In header,as It a corner, where he Injured himself was very unlucky not to score, their goalie knew nothing about that one.

LastGarrison

Job and Fleck were quality tonight but just give Job MOM.

Played some excellent stuff in places and definitely deserved the win.

Otis

Am I the only one who thought Murphy looked a bit lazy when he came on?

Nope. He certainly looked ring rusty and off the pace to say the least. We had great energy until his introduction and then all of a sudden, as soon as he came on the pace dropped significantly when he had the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread