Crewe (Home) Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

I predicted we'd get tonked by Wigan. We won 2-0.

I therefore said we'd get turned over by Millwall. We won 4-0.

Think we'll get battered by Crewe.

FRY-CCFC

Well, after two games we couldn't be in a better position. Conceded 0 and scored 6 against the two relegated sides. Crewe however have been poor (apparently) scoring 0 and conceding 2.

So you just know that we're gonna lose. It's just an us thing to do. I fucking hate Crewe and I'm sick of them turning us over at the Ricoh.

Prediction: 20-0 Cov.

covcity4life

Maybw I am overeacting but I don't remember being so excited to be a cov fan!

I'll take a draw to remain unbeaton but I think we will beat crew 3 or 4-1

ccfc92

Crewe are like a bar fly buzzing around your pint and head on a hot summers day.

I think TM will get the team motivated though for this game.

We've been playing counter attacking football against Wigan and Millwall, so will be interesting to see how we play against Crewe.

Astute

5-1 to us. Due to have a goal against us and they are favourites to go down they are that poor.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got our biggest win for many years.

Ashdown

Be really great if the City fans turned up in numbers to this and perhaps emphasise what could be achieved with a whiff of success to all concerned. The team and manager certainly deserve that support right now ! If we started pulling big crowds and with Mowbray trying to get us to play a nice brand of football, the media will soon start to be interested in us again for the right reasons and with the media comes possible investment/investors/sponsors/advertisements etc ! The team have began a positive snowball on an upward trend, lets hope the fans can embrace it !?

CCFCKirky

This will be an interesting one, I can see us getting around 10,000 in attendance but will hopefully get the three points but I'm going for a 1-1 draw

SkyBlueMatt

First game I can get to this season. I'm driving so no beers unfortunately but really looking forward to it. After the Wigan game I thought a draw would be a good result against Millwall, going to say the same against Crewe but god I'm praying for a 5-0!!

steveecov

Been to 2 churches today. The Rev. Carling and Strongbow provided the service.

Haven't seen so many positive City fans current AND lapsed before. Real shame its not a Saturday game. Still believe we will have more City fans than against Wigan.

Was going to say Onwards and Upwards, but that's not possible. PUSB.

letsallsingtogether

2-0 City one in the first minute and one in the last.

Yeah PUSB

shmmeee

2-0 City one in the first minute and one in the last.

Yeah PUSB

First game I can get to this season. I'm driving so no beers unfortunately but really looking forward to it. After the Wigan game I thought a draw would be a good result against Millwall, going to say the same against Crewe but god I'm praying for a 5-0!!

Maybw I am overeacting but I don't remember being so excited to be a cov fan!

I'll take a draw to remain unbeaton but I think we will beat crew 3 or 4-1

5-1 to us. Due to have a goal against us and they are favourites to go down they are that poor.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got our biggest win for many years.

Buzzing for this one ! Bus down from Norfolk, get in to Cov for about 3pm, few beers, hopefully a good performance from the boys, few more beers then staying at the Ricoh hotel !

Score - 4-0 Armstrong, Maddison, Lameiras, Fleck
attendance - 12,007

3-1 Armstrong 2, reda.

Crowd 13500

6-0 to us. Why not, we've just smashed one bogey side why not another.Can't wait for Tuesday night. First game this season for me as I was away on holiday for the first two home games. PUSB.

5-0 win. They're worse than Millwall and they deserve a thrashing after the past couple of fixtures we've had against them!

Then again, I'm going to the game so it'll probably be a 1-0 or bore draw :D

Loss confirmed.

D

Deleted member 4439

sign that man up.

Mowbray should have this on repeat play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sbruus

Driving up (across) from Norwich for the game. Not sure if its the cov fan pessimism but I am going for a 0-0 or 1-1. Hoping for a good crowd as Im bringing a Norwich season ticket holder and they seem to sell out no matter how they're doing.

phildownunder

I`m with those who would be happy (very) with 1-0 to City. As others have pointed out Crewe will probably play with 11 goalkeepers. What we`ve done in the first two games doesn`t guarantee anything. Every game is a one off and a win has to be earned each time.

If we do win, a three win start may sway a potential signing or loan our way if he or a loaning club is weighing up alternatives.

Hoping for good crowd and would love to be one of them but don`t think I could get there even if I started out now.

Ashdown

If I was the club, I'd be having a word with SkyBlue Piglet to look at a regular promotion video along those lines E mailed to fans every week !

CovisGod

Driving up (across) from Norwich for the game. Not sure if its the cov fan pessimism but I am going for a 0-0 or 1-1. Hoping for a good crowd as Im bringing a Norwich season ticket holder and they seem to sell out no matter how they're doing.

From Norwich !? That's my neck of the woods, do you go to most games ?

lifeskyblue

Great video. Watched it half dozen times.
I would settle for a 1-0 but think we will score two. Yes they will come to defend but if we manage to get an early goal they will be forced to change that strategy at some point.
Attd: 12.650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just recovered from Saturday,Looking forward to coming up tomorrow.
If Carlsberg did days out.......

Bugsy

wiv the Same team I reckon 3-1 city Armstrong hat trick . PUSB

Att: 14k sky blue army

D

Deleted member 4439

If I was the club, I'd be having a word with SkyBlue Piglet to look at a regular promotion video along those lines E mailed to fans every week !

This deserves to be shown on the screen as part of the pre-match warm-up.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Be better off playing it on big screens in shopping centres etc......

...remind those that were at the Gillingham game or the JPT semi that the season has actually started & we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Ashdown

Be better off playing it on big screens in shopping centres etc......

...remind those that were at the Gillingham game or the JPT semi that the season has actually started & we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Love it ! This is Coventry pal, how many shopping centres with big screens do you think we have ?....................Besides, if we did, I think they'd get nicked in no time !

Warwickhunt

It will be a tedious game because of the opposition and i see a probable 1-1

W

westcountry_skyblue

Get Piglet on the CCFC PR Team,He's done more in 3 minutes than Fisher has done on 5 years,Well done mate !!!

standupforcity

My misses is going for the first time in years...if that reflects itself across the board there should be a decent crowd!! I was shocked when she said she wanted to come and bring a mate...and driving up from London too!! What's going on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread