Credit where its due (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

All clubs in our position sell so thats nothing SISU only. If bids were made and rejected then yes, I'm happy with them for their part in that.
As others have said though, given every other move in recent months, its going to take a lot more to start getting any actual good feeling back from me...

chiefdave

It shows how low our expectations are these days that this transfer window is viewed as a success. If you look from the end of last season one way or another we've shipped 16 players out and 2 have come in! I'm still not convinced the bomb squad was entirely Pressleys idea, SISU have made getting rid of players seem like a victory, if they hadn't been chucked in the bomb squad and we'd got rid of all those players would we be quite so pleased with it? Our squad is full of kids many of whom haven't even reached double figures in appearances yet not selling a couple of kids at the first sign of any interest and we should be thankful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see the likes of Daniels still here but lets not assume that means they're here for the long term. Remember the club hyping up how they'd turned down offers for Juke and what a commitment they were making to the club only to sell him in the next window. Will take a lot more than not selling anyone yesterday for my option of SISU to start changing.

BTW if anyone was wondering the 2 in are Lobjot and Manset and the 16 out are Bell, Cameron, Dunn, Edge, Elliott, Henderson, Jeffers, Jennings, Malaga, Philliskirk, Roberts, Ruffels, McDonald, McSheffrey, Stewart, Wood.

SkyblueBazza

Credit??? On this forum??? Are you having a laugh?
I would guess that >60% of posts are quite the opposite...negative, critical & even downright destructive. Doh! Me included...:-/

ccfcway

who in their right mind would give credit to SISU

They defaulted on their rent agreement
They didnt pay higgs
They owe money to the HMRC

No-one would give them credit, apart for a subsidary of SISU themselves

CovMatt1987

This is classic SISU and CCFC at the moment. they did nothing yesterday but released some statement to try and make it sound like we had a great day.

they are the kings on trying to put a positive spin on everything. my thoughts on yesterday:

We didnt sign anyone when we clearly need some help in Defence
we have let a couple of experienced defenders leave over the last couple of weeks
we let a midfielder in Jennings go who i feel could have been beneficial to the squad at some point in the season
fair play on getting rid of the other players they did
we turned down (from most reports) one serious cash bid

so for me, not exactly a great success of a day - yes im glad we didnt sell any big first team players but it wasnt an amazing day. but the SISU spin:

knocked back frantic and constant enquiries for our players
Managed to clear alot of wages going forward
almost got a player in but the other club let us down

Last edited:

DaleM

Oh yes lets give them some credit.
Well done for taking the club down to League One for the first time since the mid 1960s, incurring a 10-point deduction, entering into administration & liquidation, and moving the club 35 miles away from Coventry.
By refusing to sell Christie/Clarke/Moussa/ whoever to Sheffield United, you have earn't yourselves a lot of credit.:claping hands:

In the words of Jim Royle "MY ARSE"

The lot of 'em are :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Nonleagueherewecome

who in their right mind would give credit to SISU

They defaulted on their rent agreement
They didnt pay higgs
They owe money to the HMRC

No-one would give them credit, apart for a subsidary of SISU themselves

Best. Owners. Ever. Anyone who doesn't think that simply has to be an ACL WUM.

Grendel

Nonleagueherewecome

Samo

Oh yes lets give them some credit.
Well done for taking the club down to League One for the first time since the mid 1960s, incurring a 10-point deduction, entering into administration & liquidation, and moving the club 35 miles away from Coventry.
By refusing to sell Christie/Clarke/Moussa/ whoever to Sheffield United, you have earn't yourselves a lot of credit.:claping hands:

In the words of Jim Royle "MY ARSE"

The lot of 'em are :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

All true of course... but the OP is asking for credit where its due, not where its not.

ohitsaidwalker king power

So the owners turned down an under value bid for one of our best players and one of the most promising young full backs in the division, with the players told a number of weeks ago that they didnt figure shipped by 'mutual consent' and we are supposed to say thanks SISU?

Samo

So the owners turned down an under value bid for one of our best players and one of the most promising young full backs in the division, with the players told a number of weeks ago that they didnt figure shipped by 'mutual consent' and we are supposed to say thanks SISU?

Well its a state of affairs I was not expecting so... if we kept our best players as a result of whatever business decision has been made (could be thier first good one!) I'm grateful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread