Credit to Thorn (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Different level though. I used to score 10 in the playground every lunchtime but I expect to wait in line behind Sheffers Juke and even Eastwood for a game (although I was definitely sharper than R O'D) :)

I know it's a different level Rob and I know how hard it is to step up from youth football, Ben Mackey scored 40 odd a season for the academy and he now plays lower league semi pro football. All I meant was it's a position he can play in and maybe a position he will score goals in

la-ccfc

Nah, Thorn was talking about formations and said 1 up front "didn't suit us". And Parsons was definitely talking about 1 up front.

Also-he didn't bollock them at h.t. He rightly realised that poor confidence was an issue, and in his words "made the players feel good about themselves" at h.t. That's what we saw 2nd half-players who thought they could play. Betcha Deegs helped with that and getting them going no-end.

It was meant as a tongue in cheek comment, about us not winning for ages.

BackRoomRummermill

We need to offload him before it is too late, we won at home against another struggling team in the league.... and only just. Looking at match facts they should have won.

I used to like AT now I know he has to go. Sorry but this is the fact.

BANTAM

We need to offload him before it is too late, we won at home against another struggling team in the league.... and only just. Looking at match facts they should have won.

Bristol City were by far the better team coventry were lucky.Need to get rid of Thorne we are bottom of the league.

BigCsCheesyGrin

And based on match facts how many games should we have won this season? As far as im concerned (and certainly whilst we are where me are) the opposition can have 80% posession and 20 shots on target but if we get 1 shot on target , score and win 1-0 then thats all that matters to me. Desperate ? Yes ,but reality as far as i am concerned.

BackRoomRummermill

The biggest fact i can see which is not only accurate but heartbreaking is that we are bottom of the league, all the match facts add up, we need a new approach, I cannot give credit to AT anymore, he shold have walked earlier and fell on his sword, but based on the fact that this his is 'big chance' at management it aint gonna happen until pushed.

Sisu aint bothered

In two years time AT will be somewhere else or even at the tesco checkout as an checkout employee scanning the cathedral city cheese and will reflect to all in his local pub how hard it was to be a championship manager, but he can dine out on that fact, maybe even turn on the christmas lights in Harrow as a bit part celebraty..... we on the other hand will be stuck in league 1 .

If this sounds harsh think how you will feel come May with away trips to Stevenage to look forward to.........

@richh87

The biggest fact i can see which is not only accurate but heartbreaking is that we are bottom of the league, all the match facts add up, we need a new approach, I cannot give credit to AT anymore, he shold have walked earlier and fell on his sword, but based on the fact that this his is 'big chance' at management it aint gonna happen until pushed.

Sisu aint bothered

In two years time AT will be somewhere else or even at the tesco checkout as an checkout employee scanning the cathedral city cheese and will reflect to all in his local pub how hard it was to be a championship manager, but he can dine out on that fact, maybe even turn on the christmas lights in Harrow as a bit part celebraty..... we on the other hand will be stuck in league 1 .

If this sounds harsh think how you will feel come May with away trips to Stevenage to look forward to.........

Yes - a brilliant scout like Thorn is really going to be working on a Tesco checkout...

Why do people get so carried away?

Grendel

Yes - a brilliant scout like Thorn is really going to be working on a Tesco checkout...

Yes people do get carried away by using words like brilliant when they excelled to the scouting position of a lowly championship club 10 years after retiring from the game. I agree.

Big Mo

The point is whether you like thorn as a manager or not theres no need to be so disrespectful to a man doing his best and maintaining his dignity under difficult circumstances. I dont remember anyone complaining when he was scout and if he is sacked I'm sure he'd be back as a scout in no time.

BackRoomRummermill

Nothing wrong I think working at tescos's . You said it all man .... he is a brilliant scout . Therefore why is he our manager and having to deal with a very difficult situation trying to save our club.

He needs to go back to scouting , I have nothing against him on a personal basis, the job is simply too big for him. I wonder how all the AT supporters will feel when we are in league 1

Make no mistake either , if by some miracle we get a new manager and we stay up , it will have nothing to do with Thorn who at the moment holds the record for our worst season in decades as manager. There again what can you expect as he is only a brilliant scout.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We won and the subs did make a positive impact but still we only played well for 25 mins or so, I also still question why Deegan had been left out of the team in past weeks.

Grendel

We won and the subs did make a positive impact but still we only played well for 25 mins or so, I also still question why Deegan had been left out of the team in past weeks.

Deegan obviously made an impact and the cynic in me says that if Clingan had been fit then he would not have even been on the bench. However, at least for once the team in the second half played with determination and won. Ultimately that is the one statistic that counts and the second half was as good as it gets with this squad. So credit to Thorn on this one (a thread to be archived for sure).
Also why Bell does not get any plaudits for the second half display surprises me. He made a huge difference - best display in a Sky Blue shirt.

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry, but that is an opinion. That is a fact.

BANTAM

The point is whether you like thorn as a manager or not theres no need to be so disrespectful to a man doing his best and maintaining his dignity under difficult circumstances. I dont remember anyone complaining when he was scout and if he is sacked I'm sure he'd be back as a scout in no time.

From experience I wouldn't employ Thorne as a boy scout look at the league position.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, we haven't seen any players he scouted for us go on to better things, have we Bantam? :jerkit:

Gaz

Has someone been on the brandy tonight or somthing ?

wingy

Think the holidays are to long for some people ,this is the second most degenerate thread on here in the last two days,the other ones hit 20 pages ,thank god i decided to paint the living room over the last two days.:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread