Credit to SISU (1 Viewer)

suts

I know the title of this thread will make some people angry but should we not now start to give some credit to SISU?

They have deservedly taken a lot of flak since coming on board but they must surely now get some credit for our upturn in fortunes. They sought and got a top manager for our level and have supported him in getting in some good quality players, be it on loan or otherwise. All the credit is currently going to the manager but surely some should go to SISU as well.

Let the past be the past and let us all move on together.

chiefdave

I don't know if they've just got lucky or what but things are going very well. Of course the things that are going well are the things they don't get involved in anymore but it was them who got the right people in.

January will be the big test. If we can keep crowds like they were at the weekend TM should be getting an increased budget. Lets see if that happens for a change instead of selling everyone as soon as they get an offer.

I don't know if they've just got lucky or what but things are going very well. Of course the things that are going well are the things they don't get involved in anymore but it was them who got the right people in.

January will be the big test. If we can keep crowds like they were at the weekend TM should be getting an increased budget. Lets see if that happens for a change instead of selling everyone as soon as they get an offer.

Can't sell em as they're all on loan. Ask any club in league 1 and they'll tell you all our players are loans.

dadgad

Agh, the leopard and his spots chestnut. No everybody, even Marlon King, deserves a second chance. First of all you have to accept that you have done wrong before you can be publicly rehabilitated. Has this happened?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I wont until i see what happens end season and IF we get promoted how they back the manager then,all well and good getting out league 1 but they want to be successful it depend what they give TM next season no point going up and then not backing him like they did this season just go back down again.

wingy

I know the title of this thread will make some people angry but should we not now start to give some credit to SISU?

They have deservedly taken a lot of flak since coming on board but they must surely now get some credit for our upturn in fortunes. They sought and got a top manager for our level and have supported him in getting in some good quality players, be it on loan or otherwise. All the credit is currently going to the manager but surely some should go to SISU as well.

They had two bites at the cherry to get him, both after he signalled a desire to take the project In the media, this after giving the previous guy a four year deal.
We were set for a path of producing and playing, then selling our own while treading water.
They have had to stare into the abyss and be dragged there through four weeks of talks with TM.
The only potential thing they are possibly doing right is acting like a bank, that facility Is available to all businesses.
So what Inspired thing have they actually don't,given us an overdraft, thanks for that.

covcity4life

we have started ti see our fortunes change since we shook off the evil council. no coincidence

sisu helped us do that so yeah, credit where its due

Si80

The only credit they deserve is for bringing in Mowbray and allowing him to do as he wishes with the team and not meddling.

The rest of our success is down to TM and his team and their coaching alongside bringing in the right people (within the budget set by SISU) and his contacts within the footballing world.

SISU will get further credit should they actually build the unicorn stadium or thrash out a sustainable lease at the Ricoh that works in the favour of both parties.

ajsccfc

I don't care about apologies. Keep the form up and Tim Fisher can scream abuse at me from a passing car if he likes.

chiefdave

I'd rather it was over a mike, in the center of the pitch before a packed house just prior to KO.
Now that would be valid.

If the club want to raise revenue instead of kick for cash at half time they shold put fisher in the dunk tank and change people a fiver a shot.

skybluesam66

they have not apologised formally, but they have laid low and let us focus on football instead of Company Law, Accountancy, Property management, Balloons and any other distractions

Tony mowbray was the exact right person at exactly the right time, and he is really being allowed by Sisu to play football manager, albeit with a limited budget

so i will give them credit for this

wingy

If the club want to raise revenue instead of kick for cash at half time they shold put fisher in the dunk tank and change people a fiver a shot.

Liking that!
You know that Leonard Brody Idea which was roundly derided and rejected as folk just aren't ready for Innovation, well maybe it wasn't so mental.
It's done on here and CT site on a daily basis.

Speedies_Chips

Maybe they have just decided that they stand a better chance of selling up if we are in the Championship, so have decided to invest a little in order to get some sort of return and wash their hands of us.

Kingokings204

That was before the move to Northampton was it not ?

Correct. Sisu deserve credit for getting in TM proper quality but these are the same people who hired thorn and Pressley.

I dislike sisu but this isn't the time to get at that them. The past is exactly that and things are on the up so instead of dishing out credit in November let's just enjoy and wait.

dadgad

The change has coincided with TM and his no nonsense approach to 'how to run a football club'. We know how it works it is called maximising potential by making fans happy. Sisu thought they knew better: idiots.

Specs WT-R75

I think I will let the paint dry at the training ground first... lets see where we are in May and hope they don't meddle in the good foundation work that TM and MV have laid.

covmark

Not even thinking about Sisu atm, the decent football is a welcome distraction from the usual Sisu/Council/Wasps/PWKH/Simon Gilbert's tea making skills arguments. Hell I'd even put that cretin Fisher to the back of my brain.
Long may the football debates prevail.

mechaishida

I was very nearly lynched for enforcing this ideal, the other day. ;)

All is certainly not forgotten, however SISU have made quantum leaps to get this club resurgent.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

they have not apologised formally, but they have laid low and let us focus on football instead of Company Law, Accountancy, Property management, Balloons and any other distractions

Tony mowbray was the exact right person at exactly the right time, and he is really being allowed by Sisu to play football manager, albeit with a limited budget

so i will give them credit for this

Oh how I miss those days!

italiahorse

Yes, they kept out the way.

Chipfat

I still feel that they have along way to go to prove they know what they are doing. They have made decision that seem good on the outside but things like TM, Ricoh return and Sacking SP they really had no other option. I think this new guy is already seeing why the club has been failing off the field and without going into detail sounded as though he had his hands full with getting the fan experience a good one.

They still have no home and still struggle with ticketing, court cases and general openess with fans that make's it very hard for any trust to be built. The new man knows get it right off the field and on will look after itself, product on the pitch will make fans not care about owners or people like TF. They know they can't take credit as TM, MV have done more in months then they have done in years, the new staff are seeing the damage done and are trying hard to fix it. Winning promotion is the aim but the plan after has to be to invest in the team or at least get stability off it or if i was Sisu sell if anyone was interested in buying. It really has been a terrible time and most other fans feel for us and with good reason, i will not forget of forgive them for what they have done with NTFC. I will find it very hard to give them credit for our current position.

I also find it strange how today papers are bringing stories about an unhappy JS, well she has be quiet for 7 years only coming out with half arse statements and today agian claiming she is a victim. I would guess we are the victimns and she like one judge has said is a very manipulative lady with a memory that suits her way, top of the league she is out again.

I want to enjoy the team and its current position but will put it that TM has been very important in this and not the powers that be..

Last edited:

Sick Boy

They look as though they are finally going to deliver a top 6 finish, which is regarded as a greater achievement than our record in the top flight.

It looks like sisu will soon be our most celebrated owners ever. Fact.

All hail sisu!

letsallsingtogether

They look as though they are finally going to deliver a top 6 finish, which is regarded as a greater achievement than our record in the top flight.

All hail sisu!

Funniest thing I've ever read, you should be on the stage, f in hell need a piss

Last edited:

Chipfat

All hail sisu!

If we got promotion TM, MV, players and the fans deserve the credit. Sisu have really just past a budget on and said to TM help us as SW does not know his arse from his elbow and TF has pissed that many off we need you to generate a product to get fans back in. They take no credit and should be remembered for the worst period in the clubs history, you also have to remember what if promotion is gained what is the plan then, because this squad although very good is not solely ours. So without decent investment in my opinion this squad would struggle in the championship.

We should not get blinded by the current run of results on the pitch, off the pitch is still very unstable aswell as being poorly run.

SkyBlueMatt

I think this is very much the case, they got lucky by bringing in TM. Though they've made enough poor decisions, one has to come off eventually. Saying that, I think some credit has to be given though for getting TM in and letting him go to work without interfering.

Again, another good point. If we keep this momentum up until January you would think anyone with a sensible head on them would understand this is the best chance the club has had of promotion. I'm not saying throw money at it but a little extra so TM can bring an extra couple of bodies if needed (hopefully permanent) to make the final push.

italiahorse

All hail sisu!

Are they not now putting any money into the club and it's now run at breakeven ?
So what we earn we spend ?

Personally I would not give them any credit until at least the Northampton architect Tim Fisher is sacked.

Users who are viewing this thread