Credit to SISU (2 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

I will never trust Sisu. Court case is still pending, same old misinformation/ no information about the new ground. The new chap may turn out to be different but at the moment it is the same old faces lurking behind the scenes. Fisher still spouts utter BS about how taking the club to Northampton saved us from folding. He will never acknowledge what a total unnecessary disaster it really was. The fact that Wasps now own our stadium can be laid wholly at Sisu's door. They had seven years to buy the stadium until their shenanigans meant that neither the Higgs or the council would deal with them. I love the fact that they have drifted into the background due to the efforts of TM but I will never forgive or forget what they have done to my club.

covmark

I will never trust Sisu. Court case is still pending, same old misinformation/ no information about the new ground. The new chap may turn out to be different but at the moment it is the same old faces lurking behind the scenes. Fisher still spouts utter BS about how taking the club to Northampton saved us from folding. He will never acknowledge what a total unnecessary disaster it really was. The fact that Wasps now own our stadium can be laid wholly at Sisu's door. They had seven years to buy the stadium until their shenanigans meant that neither the Higgs or the council would deal with them. I love the fact that they have drifted into the background due to the efforts of TM but I will never forgive or forget what they have done to my club.
The majority of this is horseshit.

RegTheDonk

I think SISU are more delighted than any of us could be at the moment. These on the pitch distractions are a godsend.

letsallsingtogether

I think SISU are more delighted than any of us could be at the moment. These on the pitch distractions are a godsend.
Funny that we said this to Fisher a long time ago.
Get a desent team and the rest will be forgotten.

Liquid Gold

They have got us out of a £1.2m rental agreement to £100k or whatever it is now with some machday revenue involved. This has allowed us to be self sufficient, meaning when we get gates like Saturday we can invest money into the team. Add to that getting someone like Mowbray in and allowing him to do as he wishes with his budget and bring his own men in.

Sisu might have had a large hand (with all the rest) in screwing us over, but over the last 12 months they deserve a lot of credit.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They have got us out of a £1.2m rental agreement to £100k or whatever it is now with some machday revenue involved. This has allowed us to be self sufficient, meaning when we get gates like Saturday we can invest money into the team. Add to that getting someone like Mowbray in and allowing him to do as he wishes with his budget and bring his own men in.

Sisu might have had a large hand (with all the rest) in screwing us over, but over the last 12 months they deserve a lot of credit.

Think you'll find we got out of the rental before Northampton

Covstu

Fookin hell, it looks like no matter what they do they will never earn trust. I can kind of understand it but I think the saga over the years has shown that they are only part to blame over the Ricoh. In football terms they have listened to the fans in recent times.
1) fans wanted a quality manager - they got robins, he left
2) fans wanted SP in a long term deal when the going was good - they did this
3) fans wanted rid of him, they did this
4) fans wanted a quality manager - they got TM
5) fans wanted quality signings - this has happened

just think we need to look forward and drop the bitterness

italiahorse

Fookin hell, it looks like no matter what they do they will never earn trust. I can kind of understand it but I think the saga over the years has shown that they are only part to blame over the Ricoh. In football terms they have listened to the fans in recent times.

All those things are like hygiene. You need to do them.

letsallsingtogether

You forgot the number one Fans wanted Sisu gone, they haven't done that...

covmark

The court case, if the council were proven to have done something incorrect, would you not want to know about it?

Same old faces behind the scenes? The only one I can see is Fisher, and what clout does he have in football affairs? Waggots done one and Mowbray has bought his own backroom staff in.

Moving got us out of a shocking rental agreement. I agree with you though on this, it was a disaster.

The fact Wasps own the Ricoh cannot be laid wholly at Sisu's door. The council played their own grubby part in this.

Sick Boy

It's true that the recent form is down to Mowbray but many claimed they'd go for a cheap option and employ someone like Hockaday.

If they established us as a solid Championship club and then sold us on with ownership of either a new ground or the Rico, they would certainly have fulfilled Rason's promise of leaving us in a better state.

This has to be our ultimate aim as they turned a corner somewhat recently, but I'm sure even they would admit that they certainly aren't suitable to own a football club.

letsallsingtogether

The court case, if the council were proven to have done something incorrect, would you not want to know about it?

Same old faces behind the scenes? The only one I can see is Fisher, and what clout does he have in football affairs? Waggots done one and Mowbray has bought his own backroom staff in.

Moving got us out of a shocking rental agreement. I agree with you though on this, it was a disaster.

The fact Wasps own the Ricoh cannot be laid wholly at Sisu's door. The council played their own grubby part in this.

Yes
Moving out was going to get us 6000 fans every week because City fans are fickle.....
What is Fishers roll then why is he still here getting a big wedge he is probe by on more then the players.
They never had the money to buy the Ricoh have you still not understood that bit.

Sick Boy

It's naive to believe that a hedge fund wouldn't have been able to match Wasps' bid for the stadium.

Can't argue about Fisher though, I'm not sure anyone would do either.

letsallsingtogether

It's true that the recent form is down to Mowbray but many claimed they'd go for a cheap option and employ someone like Hockaday.

If they established us as a solid Championship club and then sold us on with ownership of either a new ground or the Rico, they would certainly have fulfilled Rason's promise of leaving us in a better state.

This has to be our ultimate aim as they turned a corner somewhat recently, but I'm sure even they would admit that they certainly aren't suitable to own a football club.

If,if,if.
Typical Sisu full of if's and waiting.

covmark

Yes
Moving out was going to get us 6000 fans every week because City fans are fickle.....
What is Fishers roll then why is he still here getting a big wedge he is probe by on more then the players.
They never had the money to buy the Ricoh have you still not understood that bit.
With respect, I 100% agree with you that Fisher should have been shown the door ages ago. If for nothing else but PR.
My gripe, which we'll probably never agree on LAST, is that CCFC were never offered the same deal as an out of town rugby club with regards to buying the stadium. Why not?? We're an established Coventry team, surely we deserve to be given an option to buy at the same price as Wasps.

Sick Boy

There's only one 'if'?

Do you not agree that aim should be for sisu to establish us aa a stable Championship club with ownership of a stadium?

Irish Sky Blue

The last time this went through the legal system Sisu lost and were castigated by the judge.

Is Joy still not there? She has certainly still been in the headlines today and not in a positive way. As the owner she must have sanctioned the disastrous decisions that Fisher, presumably made.

Before the move to Northampton I think the offer on rent was down to
£400 000 a year. Was the move to NTFC worth saving £300 000 year. How much did they lose by being there? How many fans are still staying away because of this.

Wasps took their chance as a direct result of the Northampton move. They wanted the stadium for nothing. Their brinkmanship failed.

covmark

The last time this went through the legal system Sisu lost and were castigated by the judge.

Is Joy still not there? She has certainly still been in the headlines today and not in a positive way. As the owner she must have sanctioned the disastrous decisions that Fisher, presumably made.

Before the move to Northampton I think the offer on rent was down to
£400 000 a year. Was the move to NTFC worth saving £300 000 year. How much did they lose by being there? How many fans are still staying away because of this.

Wasps took their chance as a direct result of the Northampton move. They wanted the stadium for nothing. Their brinkmanship failed.

No, the last time it went through the legal system the judge said the previous judges may have been incorrect. Hence the continuation of the case.

Joy may be in the headlines, but it's for something she said in May ffs.

No one knows how many fans are staying away because of the move away. Correct me if I'm wrong though, our attendances are now higher than pre sixfields.

They were never offered the same deal as an out of town franchise. Sorry to say but that sticks in my throat a little.

DazzleTommyDazzle

They were never offered the same deal as an out of town franchise. Sorry to say but that sticks in my throat a little.

I have some sympathy with that point, but then I think you have to ask why.

In my view, it was because of the way SISU behaved in trying to get "a cheap deal".

There is negotiating hard and then there is behaving in a way that makes people not want to deal with you at all.

cloughie

In my view, it was because of the way SISU behaved in trying to get "a cheap deal".

There is negotiating hard and then there is behaving in a way that makes people not want to deal with you at all.
I could not agree more

when someone keeps trying to stick a knife in your back it tends to leave a bitter taste in the mouth

covmark

Maybe you're right, but I'd say that the council should take into consideration that CCFC have been an established entity for well over a century regardless of who the owners are. Sisu will not own us forever. I take your point though, Sisu have never at any point helped themselves with all their pissing about.

letsallsingtogether

There's only one 'if'?

Do you not agree that aim should be for sisu to establish us aa a stable Championship club with ownership of a stadium?

No a stable prem club.
Don't care if we own a stadium as long as we play in Coventry.
Would have been nice to own the Ricoh But it was worth nothing.
But building one half the size in another area at a bigger cost is a better option.

Some will never learn.

blueflint

I know the title of this thread will make some people angry but should we not now start to give some credit to SISU?

They have deservedly taken a lot of flak since coming on board but they must surely now get some credit for our upturn in fortunes. They sought and got a top manager for our level and have supported him in getting in some good quality players, be it on loan or otherwise. All the credit is currently going to the manager but surely some should go to SISU as well.

Let the past be the past and let us all move on together.

no comment

Users who are viewing this thread