Crawley (1 Viewer)

Otis

Okay, so what changes would you make for next week's game?

We have to change it round don't we?

I think I would throw Maddison in there. He offers something a bit different. Would like to see Barton and Nouble dropped.

stupot07

Maddison or tudgay in for nouble. We could drop barton but for who? Maddison is far more effective behind a striker than deeper in midfield. Could bring odelusi in but he's been poor since that first impressive match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Maddison or tudgay in for nouble. We could drop barton but for who? Maddison is far more effective behind a striker than deeper in midfield. Could bring odelusi in but he's been poor since that first impressive match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yep, this is where I am scratching my head. There's not that many changes we can make is there? Barton has been on the left and before that, Nouble. Drop both those then I guess you would have to put Odelusi on the right and JOB on the left.

Philips started off well yesterday, but then went on to have a really poor game. I was almost longing for Willis back and that's saying something!

Can't see we can change that much.

Didn't we try Haynes at left midfield with Stokes at fullback before and it was a dismal failure?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tudgay for Nouble is a must. I know TM isn't an advocate of changing his team too much but this change has to happen. Nouble is a waste of a starting position! (If he plays I hope he has a blinder and proves us wrong but I can't see it).

I'm hopeful that Penningtons injury isn't too severe as I'd worry if Willis is also still out and we have to rely on Martin. Third goal yesterday shows he can get caught out (although I admit Franks defending in the lead up was non existent).

Barton was poor, but was decent against Bristol. Another player you can never guess which Barton will turn up.

But given the importance of the game I wouldn't chance it.

I don't think Maddison is ready for a start, but he could add a buzz to the side, wouldn't wxpect to see him see out the full 90, but give him a go. Just warn him against diving at every opportunity, could do without him starting and getting booked early on.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yep, this is where I am scratching my head. There's not that many changes we can make is there? Barton has been on the left and before that, Nouble. Drop both those then I guess you would have to put Odelusi on the right and JOB on the left.

Philips started off well yesterday, but then went on to have a really poor game. I was almost longing for Willis back and that's saying something!

Can't see we can change that much.

Didn't we try Haynes at left midfield with Stokes at fullback before and it was a dismal failure?

We tend to call most seasons for a full back to play in front of a full back, ie Clarke and Christie. Adams and Haynes. It's never actually worked as well as we'd expected though and in a crucial game, I dont think there's space for experimenting. Maybe if we have to get a win, we could tweak the defence a bit to allow for Reda to go up top, but wouldn't risk it from the off.

chiefdave

That's the problem with our squad. There's not really a whole lot we can do. You could make a case for Maddison although I'm not sure this is the right game to make that switch. Tudgay is the obvious one. Past that what changes can we realistically make?

Otis

We tend to call most seasons for a full back to play in front of a full back, ie Clarke and Christie. Adams and Haynes. It's never actually worked as well as we'd expected though and in a crucial game, I dont think there's space for experimenting. Maybe if we have to get a win, we could tweak the defence a bit to allow for Reda to go up top, but wouldn't risk it from the off.
Yeah, I agree it's not a good idea experimenting, but then do you just keep playing the likes of Nouble, who has been consistently poor?

I just think sometimes if a player keeps playing badly you simply have to replace them. And though Haynes at say left midfield might not work, it surely has to be a better option than Nouble, who is offering absolutely nothing.

If a player is as anonymous as Nouble was yesterday, then you could replace him with a bag of spanners and it would be an improvement.

Can't see that many other options could be worse.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I agree he needs replacing. But f we're looking for a wide left player, couldn't Turgott come in to do a job there? rather than playing a make shirt LM with a LB

His attitude might stink at times (if you believe the signs or what we read in the papers) but surely he would want to come in and prove a point, as he did when he came off the bench and scored. Atleast he's more suited to being in midfield and knows what's expected

Gaz71

I agree he needs replacing. But f we're looking for a wide left player, couldn't Turgott come in to do a job there? rather than playing a make shirt LM with a LB

His attitude might stink at times (if you believe the signs or what we read in the papers) but surely he would want to come in and prove a point, as he did when he came off the bench and scored. Atleast he's more suited to being in midfield and knows what's expected

What has happened with Turgott?, he came on as a sub against Peterborough and changed the game for us, I've heard he's been out injured, out on the piss in London and dropped, disrespectful to Mowbray and dropped, but scoring for the U21's??

Otis

What has happened with Turgott?, he came on as a sub against Peterborough and changed the game for us, I've heard he's been out injured, out on the piss in London and dropped, disrespectful to Mowbray and dropped, but scoring for the U21's??
Seemingly a lazy attitude.

Otis

Pick him and tell him scouts from AC Milan, Porto, Athletico Madrid and Shalke are in the stands to have a look at him.

stupot07

He's certainly an option. Surely he can turn it on for one single game can't he?

He has to be picked in a squad first. Don't think he's been on the match day squad for the last 4-5 games. Can't see him featuring even on the bench. He's a player that has gotten better by not playing.... ;)

Otis

He has to be picked in a squad first. Don't think he's been on the match day squad for the last 4-5 games. Can't see him featuring even on the bench. He's a player that has gotten better by not playing.... ;)

Yep. Absolutely straw clutching at best, but I don't think there is much doubt Nouble deserves to be dropped.

Would have to assume Odelusi would be way ahead of Turgott in the being picked stakes.

Otis

Team for Sunday then. What do we reckon?

Let's assume Willis and Pennington are out.

Burge

Philips Reda Martin Stokes

Odelusi Fleck Ward O'Brien

Tudgay Proschwitch

That about right we think?

skyblueinBaku

Team for Sunday then. What do we reckon?

Let's assume Willis and Pennington are out.

Burge

Philips Reda Martin Stokes

Odelusi Fleck Ward O'Brien

Tudgay Proschwitch

That about right we think?

Seems about right to me, Otis. I can't see Maddison as a starter yet; he's better coming off the bench in the 2nd half.

Otis

Seems about right to me, Otis. I can't see Maddison as a starter yet; he's better coming off the bench in the 2nd half.

When we're 2 down? ;)

I think the fact TM took Barton off at half time and that this will be a physical battle, means we won't see him in the starting line up and Nouble has been so poor lately, he has to be dropped.

Odelusi to me is rather clumsy and his first touch is poor, but he is strong and he is quick and can make challenges too. I definitely think he will be in ahead of Barton.

LB87ccfc

Burge

Phillips ( Oh Dear)
Pennington should be ok
Johnson
Stokes ( Oh Dear)

OBrien
Ward
Fleck
Turgott

Maddison or Tudgay ( to drop into 5 in the middle when defending)

Proschwitch

Otis

Burge

Phillips ( Oh Dear)
Pennington should be ok
Johnson
Stokes ( Oh Dear)

OBrien
Ward
Fleck
Turgott

Maddison or Tudgay ( to drop into 5 in the middle when defending)

Proschwitch

Both those fullback are fine going forwards, but lacking in defence. If Pennington does prove to be out and Martin comes in, then it's a very weak looking back 4 isn't it.

Good job we have a pair of steady hands behind them.

You also have to shudder at the thought of Reda having not come back into the team don't you. :eek:

Otis

So, what are we all doing next Sunday? Those of us who aren't going to the game.

Watching on SSN? Listening on CWR? Following BBC online? Not bothering?

Think I will have CWR on, on my headphones and have SSN on, on the TV.

Was planning a nice relaxing family Sunday . Fat chance of that now.

LB87ccfc

So, what are we all doing next Sunday? Those of us who aren't going to the game.

Watching on SSN? Listening on CWR? Following BBC online? Not bothering?

Think I will have CWR on, on my headphones and have SSN on, on the TV.

Was planning a nice relaxing family Sunday . Fat chance of that now.

Maybe another question is - How many beers will you consume if A - we stay up - B - We stay up with a 89th minute winner - C if we go down.

Otis

Maybe another question is - How many beers will you consume if A - we stay up - B - We stay up with a 89th minute winner - C if we go down.

On Saturday Crawley let 2 goals in, in the last 3 minutes. Could we bear that sort of scenario? Game right in the balance with just minutes left.

Monners

I shall be driving down, but my mate is driving back - so could be a couple of pre match cheeky tinnies before the game. Head straight back afterwards to the pub to either talk about the relief of staying up for two minutes, or talk about the shit of going down for about two minutes. Either way, forget about the footie and enjoy the evening.

Otis

Who can score for us?
We're gonna lose.

But Notts County will lose too. Hooray!

It's great isn't it.

We have forwards who can't score

A defence that leaks goals

And behind all that, a rookie keeper with the jitters.

Defeat for certain on Sunday. all but nailed on I think, unless TM can conjure up some kind of miracle.

LB87ccfc

It's great isn't it.

We have forwards who can't score

A defence that leaks goals

And behind all that, a rookie keeper with the jitters.

Defeat for certain on Sunday. all but nailed on I think, unless TM can conjure up some kind of miracle.

I think its a miracle that it is away and not a home game.

Otis

I think its a miracle that it is away and not a home game.

I would fancy us normally away at Crawley, but not on the last day. Not on one single do or die game. Not on a game of this magnitude, where spirit and desire will probably be in the true winner.

pete212

I predict Reda Johnson will be our saviour.

In fact, start him up front from the kick off !!
And Prostwich can go centre half.
Brilliant.
I can be next manager.

pusbccfc

• 23 Allsop
  • 18 Phillips (Finch - 78' )
  • 22 Pennington
  • 02 Willis
  • 26 Haynes
  • 11 O'Brien
  • 06 Thomas Booked
  • 12 Jackson (Barton - 79' )
  • 07 Fleck
  • 19 Nouble
  • 20 Tudgay

Was the team against Walsall for our best performance of the season..

If Tudgay plays like he did that game, we will win.

Otis

Please tell me he isn't being picked at all at the moment!

You know ex City players and playing against the City.

Users who are viewing this thread