Coventry vs Shrewsbury Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I didn't wear my lucky sky blue coloured socks today. Feel a bit guilty now :eek:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

covmark

Its all well and good beating promotion contenders, but if we want to go up we need to beat strugglers at home

Covstar

4-4-2 is not for us. We dominated the whole game with a trillion chances that we failed to put away. On another day it could easily have been 4 or 5-1. Nevertheless I'm only counting this as a small blip. Still 20 odd games to go and if we keep performing like this there is no reason to believe we will be right up there in the top 6 come end of the season.

stupot07

Our home record is awful played 13 won 3 drew 5 lost 5.

We created a quite a few chances however we were very poor defensively and Shrewsbury carved us open 6 or 7 times quite easily. We need to improve defensively you can't be giving away so many chances.

Adams was probably MOTM with only Jennings and sheffers playing well. The rest were either poor or mixed bag.

The CableGuy

Shrews were unbeaten in their last 5. Never was going to be an easy game today.

Still, 21 attempts on goal. Disappointing (and a tad unlucky) not to convert at least 1 of those.

Grendel

Doubled by one of the worst teams I've ever seen us play. Flaming joke.

They played pretty deep and invited us to play through them but the midfield was found wanting today.

Also mcgoldrick was shocking and baker not a lot better given that the result was no surprise. When the goals are not going in then there is always going to be a problem as we rarely do not concede.

Mcsheffrey will get lambasted for his misses bit take his shots away and we created very little.

Brighton Sky Blue

They played pretty deep and invited us to play through them but the midfield was found wanting today.

Also mcgoldrick was shocking and baker not a lot better given that the result was no surprise. When the goals are not going in then there is always going to be a problem as we rarely do not concede.

Mcsheffrey will get lambasted for his misses bit take his shots away and we created very little.

We could've let in half a dozen- we also could've scored as many but for an ounce of shooting ability.

Otis

I was convinced we would win, even when we went 1-0 down. Was still certain we would do it.

A mixture of poor finishing, ill-luck and good defending proved our downfall.

We still should have won though, no doubt about it.

Sky Blue Pete

21 attempts on goal. Didn't only create 2 chances!! Macca's miss when played through was the miss that destroyed us!

Users who are viewing this thread