Coventry vs Shrewsbury Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully we will bring some of our away form home and people will get down to support the team!

I think 3-1 us, talk about the game here!

stupot07

TEAM NEWS

Coventry have 18-goal top scorer David McGoldrick available after suspension as they attempt to avenge their 4-1 defeat at Shrewsbury in September. But this could be his final game (his loan ends on 2 January) - and Stephen Elliott deputised well in the 3-2 weekend win at MK Dons, netting twice.

Shrewsbury, who check on Paul Parry (sickness bug), have drawn all three games so far over the festive period.
Town are four points clear of trouble after losing just once in eight games.

VIEW FROM THE TRAINING GROUND

Sky Blues boss Mark Robins told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire:
"It's a tough game for us. I remember the day before I came in, it was a 4-1 defeat up there and, by all accounts, one of the worst days in the club's long, proud history.
"The players were hurt by it and we've got to remember how that felt.
"But we've also got to remember how good it feels coming to places like MK Dons and taking three away points."

Shrewsbury make their first visit to the Ricoh - 49 years on from their last visit to Highfield Road in October 1963, when they lost 8-1 in a Division Three clash. The two sides met again at the Gay Meadow eight days later and drew 0-0. Coventry's 4-1 defeat at Shrewsbury this season was the last with caretaker boss Richard Shaw in charge.

skybluelee

10684 sold so far exc away fans. Think they are bringing 1k. Must be looking at min 15k with walk up. Hopefully more.

Otis

Win, win, win.

Very confident today and the fact that we owe them one combined with MR's motivational team talk revolving around that horrible 4-1 defeat, then it can only result in a Sky Blues win.

3-1.

Jonny

Just so everyone knows, there's a minute applause for Michelle Ridley before kick off, and players will all be wearing black armbands.

ccfcway

a 3 page match thread over 2 hours before kick off, morale is high isnt it, fingers crossed for today

covkid69

3-1 I think. Goldie to get 2 of them to make him our first 20 goal striker in eleventy two years :)

Baginton

If results go our way WE COULD SNEAK INTO THE PLAY-OFFS :eek:

well done Mr Robins, fantastic acheivement, 10 competitive game unbeaten... 7 wins 3 draws, 24 points out of 30.

come on Portsmouth, Brentford, Notts Co, and Colchester

Team wise i'd just bring Bailey back in replacng Jennins and start with Elliott, McG on the bench
Elliott did great last week, so no need at all to drop him, (I dont care if its McGoldricks last match!)

Same with Bakes, suspended player start on the bench.

.....................Murphy.................
Christie....Wood.....Edje.....Adams
Baker......Bailey...Moussa....Fleck
..............Elliott......Sheff............

PUSB

Otis

Went to the ticket office a while ago to get my JPT ticket. Behind me were 3 Shrewsbury fans. 2 blokes and a kid about 10 or so. This was the conversation, I kid you not.

Kid: 'I hope I don't kicked in the head by a cow again this week, dad. '
Dad: 'You'll be fine. It is quite rare you know.'

Different worlds eh!

Strangely enough though I saw no combine harvestors parked in the Tesco car park.
Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Otis

Brilliant. DMC back in. Leon Clarke and Bailey on the bench.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

sw88

Chief Commentator!
McG back in so i say he'll get a hat trick today! Good to see Bailey getting permission to appear (albeit on the bench).

Clarke on the bench could be an interesting one. Wonder if things dont go our way whether Clarke or Elliott get the nod....

Users who are viewing this thread