Match Thread Coventry v Shrewsbury Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
That was mowbrays choice, he had 2 'senior' strikers on the bench

I take your other points though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah he chose not to.

The same as second half Swindon

Esoterica

Not sure how I feel about the game. First half was pretty good, but second was poor. Really can't see where goals are going to come from, and I think mowbray feels the same hence his Armstrong comment. Also a bit concerned about his lack of plan b comment, he didn't have one last season either.

Nice cameo from Spence, ref was shit as were Shrewsbury.

We can't afford a plan b. To play pretty football and get out this division needs quality we can barely afford. And in getting that we're 1 trick ponies. Which is why we're getting to half time in games and then getting nullified. We need to have won games by half time with this team.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just got home from the game, no ticket problems no parking problems. I thought Stevenson and Willis played well , Stevenson reminds me of Maddison but with out the falling over and diving !!! But don't tell SISU. :woot:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
we aren't a full team. Not sure what you expect from a team without a striker starting the game, and with a defence that need strengthened.

Question - Have you ever seen a ccfc game without a striker starting the game for us ?

We aren't ready yet

Barcelona can do it so why can't we?.........

Oh, hang on. I know! :D

Gazolba

Lots of people on here happy with a 0-0 draw at home. When we miss out on the play-offs by 2 points (or get relegated by 2 points) at the end of the season, they will be saying, "if only we had beaten Shrewsbury".

stupot07

We can't afford a plan b. To play pretty football and get out this division needs quality we can barely afford. And in getting that we're 1 trick ponies. Which is why we're getting to half time in games and then getting nullified. We need to have won games by half time with this team.
Plan b doesn't have to be new players, just a different formation/system/pattern of play. Both Swindon and now Shrewsbury went to plan b after being dominated by us, they matched our formation And we didn't know what to do.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Couldn't believe we were wasting time if we had lost a defender then I could understand it. They were poor and that is two points dropped. I would like to see Rose in midfield as he might give us a bit more drive forward and there is no more defensive forward than Tudgay he never wants to be in the box.

So disappointing. If it had been an opposition against us who went down to 10 when they were on top, can bet your bottom dollar they'd have been pushing on more than ever to try and get a result.

Especially as a home team!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Lots of people on here happy with a 0-0 draw at home. When we miss out on the play-offs by 2 points (or get relegated by 2 points) at the end of the season, they will be saying, "if only we had beaten Shrewsbury".

I'm far from happy with a draw at home especially after the amount of possession and forward play we had, more so in the first half :(

stupot07

Tudgay who didn't little mid week and Thomas won got injured 3 mins after coming on ?
Still mowbrays choice, and there's no telling whether Thomas would have been injured after 3 minutes had he started, it would have been a completely different game, with different patterns of play, tackles etc.

stupot07

Yeah, thata my thinking when dele was saying its okay, we might not score or win for a few more games...

ccfcway

Still mowbrays choice, and there's no telling whether Thomas would have been injured after 3 minutes had he started, it would have been a completely different game, with different patterns of play, tackles etc.

He's had very little pre season and has had less than 30 league apperances in his career. Throwing him in to start or early on would have been a gamble

stupot07

Yes i know it would have been a risk, but it still stands he had 2 senior strikers on the bench but decided not to play either of them. Mowbrays choice.

wingy

Because it keeps being true. Wait till we are up and running. This month is a warm up. If we can get recruitment right we will be on fire this season a lot to be positive about
I just can't figure If genuine or on huge WUM.;-)

wingy

Just got home from the game, no ticket problems no parking problems. I thought Stevenson and Willis played well , Stevenson reminds me of Maddison but with out the falling over and diving !!! But don't tell SISU. :woot:
Reminded me of Andy Blair
Some very neat passing
Going to be a huge plus. IMO

wingy

Expected a bit more from Vladimir but looks useful and a better physical presence than the two who left
Rose very effective first half, unlucky not to have bagged one
RCC very solid yet redundant first half

georgehudson

who on earth was that useless little shit who pretended to referee the game,
there were 2 teams on the pitch apart from his beloved shrewsbury,
i'd chose another career path if i were him,
not oftem TM comments on officials but he was bang on with his comments

Otis

Good first half, second half was shit by both teams. Largely due to the referee sabotaging the match

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Weirdly enough though, first half I thought the ref was having a good game.

Second half he seemed to lose the plot.

ccfcway

I just can't figure If genuine or on huge WUM.;-)

Not sure what more I can say. We have a budget and TM has decided to paly it close to his chest and use the whole window before settling on his squad. With that comes the fact we almost wirte off month one as we don't field our strongest team.

This is year 2 of 2 in TM plan, so we have to back him and believe he knows what he is doing.

Lets just get through Aug together and then we can really push on....The league was never won in Aug

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Poor Kwame Thomas today, kicked in the head & popped his groin in the same move!

Hopefully not long term as we need all the bodies for our league, JPT & League cup charge!

letsallsingtogether

Not a great game but not helped by a very poor referee .
Yes he gave them everything was quick at booking our players for petty things but let theirs get away with much worse.
Blew the whistle at half time so not to book their player.
OK Thomas might have fouled their player but when he got kicked in the head he stood there as if to say get up never spoke to their player about it.
Gave us the foul then played on.
Gave us another free kick when we were through down the wing.
Absolutely fuckin useless.

Gaz71

Ref was very poor, Willis motm for me, the front 3 played well 1st half, Rose got up and down well, RCC commanded his area well, desperately need a striker, hoping for a win on Tuesday.
Always going to get idiots writing us off this early in the season (we have only beat Nuneaton, we haven't scored???, only got 1 point out of 6)

Nick

Administrator
Yes he gave them everything was quick at booking our players for petty things but let theirs get away with much worse.
Blew the whistle at half time so not to book their player.
OK Thomas might have fouled their player but when he got kicked in the head he stood there as if to say get up never spoke to their player about it.
Gave us the foul then played on.
Gave us another free kick when we were through down the wing.
Absolutely fuckin useless.
Yeah that one on half time was shocking

Users who are viewing this thread