Match Thread Coventry v Shrewsbury Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

TM

"we shouldn't be asking Kyle spence to go on and win us the game. We need to find an Adam armstrong type player to do that"

"lots of positives today"

ccfcway

TM

"They obviously hit the bar late on, but they didn't cause us many problems. Not sure the officials helped in the 2nd half, but lets take the positives"

ccfcway

TM

"Lets see who is fit for Tues night. Bury have some good players, but lets hope the supporters get behind the young side and support the football team"

SkyBlue_Bear83

and yet not one single negative post or thread created since the game ended.

A positive result today !!
Disappointing result but have been quite pleased with the performances in the first two home games. Considering we are only at about 60 percent strength to what we will be at the end of august I think we can have a good season.

Pipehitterz

Did well to hang on with 10 men.
Referee completely destroyed the game .

First half we played some lovely Football , stating the obvious , we need a striker

SkyBlue_Bear83

Jones was good again, lameiras and Reid did OK. Harries was quality again.
Thought Vlad went MIA and Stevenson looked a bit more uneasy.
Page may need time to train but today he offered less than Haynes in the wing back position

skybluepm2

Yes there were positives today; the clean sheet, the formation, 1st half domination, young players excelling but downsides of not beating such poor opposition, having no known striker on the pitch until 60 minutes, abysmal refereeing and losing Thomas to injury have not helped. We have a point, we're up and running but we really need 3 points Tuesday night. Harries, Stevenson and Spence did very well.

CWR... Any chance of asking a half decent question instead of playing it safe week in week out?

Grendel

Jones was good again, lameiras and Reid did OK. Harries was quality again.
Thought Vlad went MIA and Stevenson looked a bit more uneasy.
Page may need time to train but today he offered less than Haynes in the wing back position

He offered a lot more as a defensive wing back which is why he is in the team. Wing backs aren't just players who go forward. He kept position defensively all the time. Also produced the cross of the game in the first half.

covmark

funny how this place is so quiet when we do well
I think you're over egging a point at home to Shrewsbury.
We should have taken one of our chances in the first half. Then we could have held on for a win when we lost Thomas.

2 league games 1 goal conceded is a positive. 2 league games 0 goals scored is a worry.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

He offered a lot more as a defensive wing back which is why he is in the team. Wing backs aren't just players who go forward. He kept position defensively all the time. Also produced the cross of the game in the first half.
He wasn't really tested defensively today tbh. Yes one excellent cross but didn't do enough today

stupot07

Not sure how I feel about the game. First half was pretty good, but second was poor. Really can't see where goals are going to come from, and I think mowbray feels the same hence his Armstrong comment. Also a bit concerned about his lack of plan b comment, he didn't have one last season either.

Nice cameo from Spence, ref was shit as were Shrewsbury.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I think you're over egging a point at home to Shrewsbury.
We should have taken one of our chances in the first half. Then we could have held on for a win when we lost Thomas.

2 league games 1 goal conceded is a positive. 2 league games 0 goals scored is a worry.

We are not ready.I would be concerned if this was our squad after the end of Aug but as TM says, we are far from it. Today was a point won. Enjoy your sat night as we are off and running and todays point could be a real help at the end of the season

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Much better first half. Not so good second.

Disappointing that when we went down to 10 we joined them in time wasting.

Many positive performances. Thought Rubén and Rose looked better than of late.

Just need someone to put the finish on our attacking moves.

Interesting that Pope was singled out by Mowbray in his post match comments re Bury game. Maybe that's just coincidence as he scored in the cup for them, but wondering if he is still on our wanted list?

Esoterica

We are not ready.I would be concerned if this was our squad after the end of Aug but as TM says, we are far from it. Today was a point won. Enjoy your sat night as we are off and running and todays point could be a real help at the end of the season
Not as much help as 6 points against 2 teams who will be bottom 6 at the end of the seaon. We're not off and running - we're jogging like a one legged man. With a stone in his shoe!

Terry Gibson's perm

Much better first half. Not so good second.

Disappointing that when we went down to 10 we joined them in time wasting.

Many positive performances. Thought Rubén and Rose looked better than of late.

Just need someone to put the finish on our attacking moves.

Interesting that Pope was singled out by Mowbray in his post match comments re Bury game. Maybe that's just coincidence as he scored in the cup for them, but wondering if he is still on our wanted list?

Couldn't believe we were wasting time if we had lost a defender then I could understand it. They were poor and that is two points dropped. I would like to see Rose in midfield as he might give us a bit more drive forward and there is no more defensive forward than Tudgay he never wants to be in the box.

SkyBlueCRJ

Interesting game. Thought we definitely had the upper hand throughout. Once again showed that we've got a solid squad despite this largely being our second team. If the new additions that should be coming in are more established players than what we already have then we should be in for a strong season. However TM needs to get signatures over the line sooner rather than later because we're sacrificing points, and with the amount of games in August, we need to start getting some wins on the board otherwise we're going to be playing catch up.

We are in desperate need of a goalscorer, think that has been the main criticism to take away from the first 3 games this season. We create chances brilliantly, but the quality in the final third just isn't there. Nice debut from Page, was quite quiet at times but did the simple things well, put some decent crosses in and was defensively sound all game. Reid was great, a real thorn in the side of the opposition. Harries and Willis were very strong. Cant fault anyone really apart from Rose. I think he offers very little on the right hand side and looks extremely uncomfortable in that position. TM needs to bring in cover for that RWB role.

Overall promising performance though, nice to get a point on the board even if we arguably deserved the win.

letsallsingtogether

Thought we played well today don't think we would have scored though even if we carried on till Tuesday.
Ref was a joke.
Still think they we scared of us even with ten men.
shame about the shambles at the turnstiles but hey who expected it to run smoothly, our owners really are a amutuer outfit, will come out with the usual excuses.

ccfcway

Not as much help as 6 points against 2 teams who will be bottom 6 at the end of the seaon. We're not off and running - we're jogging like a one legged man. With a stone in his shoe!

we aren't a full team. Not sure what you expect from a team without a striker starting the game, and with a defence that need strengthened.

Question - Have you ever seen a ccfc game without a striker starting the game for us ?

We aren't ready yet

stupot07

we aren't a full team. Not sure what you expect from a team without a striker starting the game, and with a defence that need strengthened.

Question - Have you ever seen a ccfc game without a striker starting the game for us ?

We aren't ready yet
That was mowbrays choice, he had 2 'senior' strikers on the bench

I take your other points though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

We aren't ready yet
So you keep saying.
That is no excuse we should be ready they have had long enough this is Mobray team he got rid and he recruited.

Users who are viewing this thread